A sense of pride connected with being a City fan right now (1 Viewer)

I live in Bournemouth and have very many friends who are Saints supporters. After the Saints/City love in at St Mary's at the weekend, I've been inundated with best wishes for next season and congratulated by many on how fantastic our support is. In the midst off all the crap that's flying around at the moment, I feel proud to be a City fan, which is ironic as we are currently experiencing the worst days of my forty year support of CCFC. Allied to the many clubs fans who seem to have taken our plight to their hearts, it's a great reminder that actually, we do hold mean a lot too many football fans across the country. Maybe time too lift our heads a little as supporters and be proud of who we are. PUSB

Was probably bust preparing to fly over the Stadium of Shyte with its NUFC Europe here we come banner in tow! Which brings me to the fact that Sunderland have just announced their European fixtures for next year Swansea A and Swansea H :)

rickyCCFC

Why's everyone making out like the whole footballing world is in love with us? A few saints fans said our support was good, would they be saying the same if we had beat them?

Diehard Si

There is a reason everyone hates Man U... They are winners ( well apart from last night ).

I'd take being hated and winning over being loved for giving 3 points out like we're fcuking Santa Claus

Sawyer

I lived in Bournemouth for 4 years, never seen another sky blue anywhere!! Up in Geordie land now and it sucks as im to close to the mackems who wont stop being assholes.

There are a quite a few of us Sawyer. I know at least five City fans and it's always a pleasure to see the array of City shirts on display throughout the summer. Makes a change from the usual glory hunting trash in their Man U shirts?

Brighton Sky Blue

Never heard so much crap. Their placating you. Ask a west ham fan what they think of us

West Ham who have mortgaged 4 years' worth of parachute payments and season ticket money to keep all of their players and they still couldn't get automatic promotion? Our fault obviously. :facepalm:

canleykid

A few saints fans were decent enough people however when we played the season they went down it was an evening kickoff we equalizer thru Clinton morrisson there was I think 14 thou there and they weren't our friends that night cos they were shit,I do think had we beat them and they went in the playoffs what there reaction would've been,I can't helping thinking they would've of chanted going down as well we want sisu in,were all fickle as fans but let's just forget about that game and move on,next season if were doing well we will say Aww it was nice at yeovil and colchester its called patronising

Brighton Sky Blue

Say what you like, they were by far and away the best fans I've come across and could've spent all their time revelling in promotion; in my opinion they were being genuine. Anyway, the game's in the past now; they're gearing up for the Prem while we're fretting over having a club, and then we can look ahead to the third tier.

WillieStanley

Never heard so much crap. Their placating you. Ask a west ham fan what they think of us

Actually, I know a few WHU fans who hold us in high regards. Loads of fond memories at HR. One said he endered to us as a kid because in the elephant on the ball badge when collecting Panini sticker! Other than WHU, that was the one he desperately wanted, from then on he always looked out for us!

I know many fans have a soft spot for us, memories of Highfield road etc. and from the fact that most of them have had six points of us over the years!

However, I still take pride in the fact that "our" little club is respected amongst fellow fans. I would agree with the point that saints fans were obviously in a generous mood and for sure it would have been different had we won, but most fans I speak too do generally have nice things to say about us, how many clubs are there that you can say that' about?

Users who are viewing this thread