A sad thought. (1 Viewer)

1ccfc

I have been following Coventry for just over 25 years and in that time I have never experienced what it feels like to be challenging for anything in the league. Realistically we were never going to win the old First division / Premier league (this relates to my time as a supporter), but when we got relegated I thought we would be more competitive than we have been. To bein the Championship for 11 seasons and not even make the play-offs or even challenge getting into the top 6 is really depressing. Maybe this will change next season in league 1, and the disappointment of actually being in that league will made better by actually doing something in the league. Guess time will tell. PUSB

Last edited:

Otis

Funnily enough that will happen when the New Romans invade this country and it will be reported in The Times, the font of all knowledge.

Sky Blue Sheepy

For me it all depends on who's in charge. If Hoffman finally completes this proposed takeover that's dragged on then I'd like to think we can come straight back up r, if not, maybe consoledate then rebuild as Southampton have done. If not... I dread to imagine what could happen.

Otis

I have been following Coventry for just over 25 years and inthat time I have never experienced what it feels like to be challenging foranything in the league. Realistically we were never going to win the old Firstdivision / Premier league (this relates to my time as a supporter), but when wegot relegated I thought we would be more competitive than we have been. To bein the Championship for 11 seasons and not even make the play-offs or evenchallenge getting into the top 6 is really depressing. Maybe this will change next season in league 1,and the disappointment of actually being in that league will made better byactually doing something in the league. Guess time will tell. PUSB

Your edit has now totally fooked up my half-hearted attempt at humour. :facepalm: Can't you edit it back to what it was? ;)

jan87

I know exactly how you feel. I have been following the City for over 50 years and I find myself right back where I started in Div3. I too thought the championship would be easy to get out off, it was easy in the end but not in the right direction. I think next year might be just as hard. I will renew my season ticket, but not until the last minute.

InThornWeTrust

We can be a Norwich or a man city or even many oter tema who has dusted themselves down ad had a good season the folling year in L1. it's nondisgrace een Leeds and Sheffield weds found them selves in thy league and I agree after supporting then for 17 yes it's sad but I beleiv inhave the faith to believe that we can beleive we can get out in one season if we buy decent players for that level annin mu opinion it can all be good eventualy just look at Norwich in the PL at the moment. I beleieve that webcam if we have faith as keep suporting the tea in every game why can't we win league one and have a little silverware it all helps us and remebet Norwich lost7-1 a few years ago and still eded up being promoted so whatever happens we have to stick with thorn and the rreat of the team no mutter what happens now. Keep te faith lads. Pusn

1ccfc

Your edit has now totally fooked up my half-hearted attempt at humour. :facepalm:
Can't you edit it back to what it was?
Sorry Otis. I admit to changing the post, and yes your reply was funny.:D

CovfanDan

Feel sorry for you guys who have followed us since the 70's and before, seen some cracking players (ive heard all about Hutchison, Carr, Curtis etc) and seen the club win the FA Cup, ( i was 5 and cant remember it) Must be heartbreaking (hope thats not too strong a word!) to see where we now are.

When we got relegated from the Premier League i was like, 'oh well perhaps we can rebuild, win more games than we lose, get a winning mentality and be up before long'

But no, 11 years is it in the Championship ? without much to shout about and we are talking about rebuilding again, but this time in the Third Division.

Said to the mrs last night, I aint fussed on getting to the Premier League, or Division one for that matter, just happy to be not so shit and win more games than we lose for a change, that really would do me for a few years. We must have one of the worst win percentages in the country over the past 10 years or so

InThornWeTrust

We all thought I'd be a case of winnig More games but relegation always is hard from the PL unless you are a big club ie man city for xample.

CovfanDan

Meant to say i am fussed on getting back to the championship, just not fussed on winning it.....not just yet anyway

coundonskyblue

We must have one of the worst win percentages in the country over the past 10 years or so

Just looking at the league tables, in our 11 years in the Championship we have only won more games than we've lost in a season twice. The last being the first year at the Ricoh.

covcity4life

Feel sorry for you guys who have followed us since the 70's and before, seen some cracking players (ive heard all about Hutchison, Carr, Curtis etc) and seen the club win the FA Cup, ( i was 5 and cant remember it) Must be heartbreaking (hope thats not too strong a word!) to see where we now are.

When we got relegated from the Premier League i was like, 'oh well perhaps we can rebuild, win more games than we lose, get a winning mentality and be up before long'

But no, 11 years is it in the Championship ? without much to shout about and we are talking about rebuilding again, but this time in the Third Division.

Said to the mrs last night, I aint fussed on getting to the Premier League, or Division one for that matter, just happy to be not so shit and win more games than we lose for a change, that really would do me for a few years. We must have one of the worst win percentages in the country over the past 10 years or so

all ive wanted is to be abck in the prem,i dont ming being shite and finishing 4th from bottom every year

but now,it doesnt look likely,i would be more than proud to change my signature to league one champions 2012/13 on here

i want to win matches,why must we always be losers?

sort this damn ownership out and lets move forward!

WillieStanley

Preservation. We want there to be an incentive for kids to go to the Ricoh other than family tradition. What better incentive than Premier League football, even if we are always close to the trap door. Those were great times. I never in a million years thought this would happen to us. Even last season, League 1? Unthinkable.

Serves me right for being so pig headed about it. Who knows what the future holds. The only thing I know for certain, if there's a football team representing the City with Coventry in the name wearing Sky Blue, I'll be watching them.

TheHellion

When we came down to this league in 2001, I don't think any of us imagined that 10, 11, 12 years later we'd have got no closer and indeed further away from getting back there. Many of us were naive enough to think we'd bounce straight back. I did. The thought that in 2012 we'd be a third division side was totally incomprehensible. When I was younger, my way of thinking was we were too big to remain out of the Premier League for too long. We'd be back in no time at all. Then the financial realities hit home, and I think that was when the penny dropped. It wasn't going to be as straightforward as we'd thought.

My way of thinking is that I've been lucky. I may have missed the good times of the Jimmy Hill days, the Sky Blues in Europe, The FA Cup win, but I did manage to see some very fine names grace the colours during the premiership years. It's going to be a long time before this club sees quality of that calibre coming out of the players tunnel in our kit again. When we were beating the likes of United and Arsenal 3-2, and having Nuddy score a hat-trick at Anfield, we weren't the best club in the land. But to look at those times now, it really does feel like watching an entirely different club. Will those days come to us again? I really hope so. Because otherwise, there's going to be a lot of young fans that will never have known good times supporting City.

Users who are viewing this thread