A Prison of Measured Time...blog update (1 Viewer)

torchomatic

Godiva

I am with Les Reid on this. The article is anything but meassured, neutral or professional. Skybluesquirrel who write the blog has lost me some time ago.

Sky Blue Kid

Well bugger me!!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I posted in my thread but got shot down by the 3 stooges and their mates.....................Reid also failed to ask the most important question – if SISU either gained control of the Ricoh freehold, or constructed a new stadium, would it be the club, and presumably Otium Entertainment Group as current custodians, that would register the asset or would it be a subsidiary that would then lease the rights to play in the stadium for a fee? Tim Fisher struggled with this question in the summer during the fan forums, fumbling a response that it was too early in the process to be clear and it is the question that still remains unanswered. It would surely be resolved by now, as plans are coming along and have been in the pipeline for almost a year. The question was not raised. Separation of the club and stadium would result in the club being in exactly the same position in the future as they find themselves now....................................The above taken from "Prison of measured time"

Hobo

I don't think he threw his toys out of his pram. I think he's saying stop putting words into my mouth. And to be fair, the article calls him "Less Read", which is hardly very professional, is it?

A bit like The Sun then?

torchomatic

And I'm sure if SBS had interviewed her then it wouldn't be as black and white as he assumes.

I am with Les Reid on this. The article is anything but meassured, neutral or professional. Skybluesquirrel who write the blog has lost me some time ago.

torchomatic

Everyone that doesn't agree with you is a "stooge". Grow some.

Well bugger me!!!!!!!!!! Exactly what I posted in my thread but got shot down by the 3 stooges and their mates.....................Reid also failed to ask the most important question – if SISU either gained control of the Ricoh freehold, or constructed a new stadium, would it be the club, and presumably Otium Entertainment Group as current custodians, that would register the asset or would it be a subsidiary that would then lease the rights to play in the stadium for a fee? Tim Fisher struggled with this question in the summer during the fan forums, fumbling a response that it was too early in the process to be clear and it is the question that still remains unanswered. It would surely be resolved by now, as plans are coming along and have been in the pipeline for almost a year. The question was not raised. Separation of the club and stadium would result in the club being in exactly the same position in the future as they find themselves now....................................The above taken from "Prison of measured time"

Joy Division

Once I saw the 'Less Read' I didn't bother with the blog post. Shame.

Sky Blue Kid

Sky Blue Kid

Torchy says.......Everyone that doesn't agree with you is a "stooge". Grow some.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No Torchy, there's only 3 stooges...and you're one of them!......And anyone who disagrees with your posts have sarcasm thrown in their face.

covmark

Torchy says.......Everyone that doesn't agree with you is a "stooge". Grow some.>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>No Torchy, there's only 3 stooges...and you're one of them!......And anyone who disagrees with your posts have sarcasm thrown in their face.
everytime someone disagrees with you, you go in to meltdown mode.
Oh and them arrows are damn annoying.

torchomatic

Houdi

Well it seems Les Reid has incredibly thin skin for a supposed seasoned hack. The claim in the Telegraph that it was a Paxman-esq is beyond satire. For a 2 hour interview there was an awful lot of unanswered questions. She claimed an 60 million investment already, that they were willing to fund further losses over 3-5 years, would part fund a new stadium, borrow the rest, and yet she still expects a future return on these huge investments for her investors. How is this credible?
The clubs continual failure to file accounts, successive transfer embargos were all just ignored. To be fair Les Reid has done a lot of good and useful work, probably far better than most of the local media have, however his piece read like a SISU press release.

Skybluesquirrel

And I'm sure if SBS had interviewed her then it wouldn't be as black and white as he assumes.

I would imagine that I would have had to insert 'Seppala was unable to give any clarity as to who would exactly own the new stadium once completed' if she had consented to an interview with me. However, it would appear that Reid did not ask the question. And as i argue in the piece, its the key question for me.

Last edited:

Skybluesquirrel

He originally said Steve Houchen instead of Keith! Oh dear.

I have added a note in the comment section that goes some way to explain how the error occurred. If I hadn't have been there and witnessed the goal myself, I may have paid more attention when proof reading the piece. I assumed when I deleted the bit about Oggy's long ball I had cut the correct bit out.

Do you feel this editing error undermines the core argument?

Sky Blue Kid

covmark....everytime someone disagrees with you, you go in to meltdown mode. Oh and them arrows are damn annoying.>>>>>>.....>>>>>>>...........That better, and btw you've never seen me in meltdown....Oh! and most of your posts are too...damned annoying that is!

DaleM

For a 2 hour interview the article isn't very long . He could have asked her that lot in 15 minutes easy. What were they doing for the rest of it ? How much " off the record " stuff was spouted ? As for"Paxman-esq" can't any journalist do any decent investigative journalism any more ? IMO they can't , all they ever report now is what non entity is shagging another non entity .
Fair play to squirrel,his blog has asked some really good stuff. Read them all (if you already haven't) and you will see what I mean.
Get back to proper probing questions Les , make her squirm a bit , and report the reaction. The report did come across as SISU propaganda and we learnt nothing new from it. If you don't you will become "Less Read"

chiefdave

The best thing for Les to do would be publish a full transcript of the interview. at the moment we don't know what he did ask and wasn't answered or what he pushed Joy on but couldn't get further details. You're never going to get that level of detail in an article for a paper like the telegraph, to do something in depth would be several pages, that was never going to happen. It seems he's being judged on what isn't in the piece and we don't know if that's because the right questions weren't asked or because Joy refused to answer them.

NorthernWisdom

The best thing for Les to do would be publish a full transcript of the interview.

That's not really what journalists do though. His job is to ask questions, and come up with an interesting informative read out of it.

And tyhat he's done, in terms of he gets his scoop headline, that it's not the Ricoh unless as owners. Now that headline is neither SISU propaganda, Les Reid acting as mouthpiece, nor a SISU PR effort in action.

It is however the result of a 2 hour interview with someone who is clearly naturally guarded, naturally capable in what she does, and will naturally not give away more than she wants to within a piece.

And what it is, is a newspaper article. nothing more, nothing less!

Sky Blue Kid

NorthernWisdom.......It is however the result of a 2 hour interview with someone who is clearly naturally guarded, naturally capable in what she does, and will naturally not give away more than she wants to within a piece. And what it is, is a newspaper article. nothing more, nothing less!............................................................................................So! would you agree with me then? A total waste of time?

shmmeee

I don't think he threw his toys out of his pram. I think he's saying stop putting words into my mouth. And to be fair, the article calls him "Less Read", which is hardly very professional, is it?

One's a blogger, the other is putting himself about as a pro journalist and he comes off far worse in everything he accuses others of. Every post is Les insulting the person who wrote the reply without addressing the points raised.

In fact, sounds like a fair few posters on here.

torchomatic

How right he is with this:

To say that my coverage has not challenged all sides is wholly misleading. My grilling of Tim Fisher and the Football League have delivered key admissions based on the evidence which have been lapped up by the NOPM anti-Sisu campaign. I have delivered exclusives including the confidential CVA terms, the Northampton groundshare, and Brandon heads of terms. Although I was shot down by a noisy minority – most fair-minded people know I have put accurate, non-libellous information into the public domain which might otherwise not have been known.

MichaelCCFC

What I don't get is Les's sensitivity to criticism. Les was on kcic-nopm facebook page recently in same style as today on aprisonofmeasuredtime. He's a public figure so people are going to disagree with him, criticise, insult etc - it goes with the territory. I've put my head ever so slightly above the parapet and get regularly criticised and insulted on here (and completely false allegations like profiting from things are presumably libellous) and I get some really vile emails and facebook messages but that's life. And on the very big issue of apostrophes, poor Les must have a heart attack every time he looks at this site - and I'm very sorry to say that in one of his messages today there was an inconsistent use of commas - lol!

Sky Blue Kid

I've got a suggestion for Les Reid.......Come onto this forum, A la Stuart Linnell.....Take the 10 most urgent questions that we want answered, back to Sepalla. Then Print the answers out in the CT. We would know for certain if Sepalla "Sidesteps" or "Refuses to answer" any of them then!

bigfatronssba

Good blog.

Les Reid offers his opinion, some Sky Blues fans offer an opinion that disagrees with his, where's the problem?

I think I have to question as to whether that is Les Reid replying though.

If so I am concerned that a senior editor for the CET can reply in such a childish manner.

RegTheDonk

Reid has now been back and posted several replies over the course of the day. He has yet to answer whether he asked JS the question on ownership.

I'm pretty certain he didn't as he would have defended himself by now. Unless he's about to publish it in another of his 'exclusives'...

Yeah just read those comments squirrel. Les seems to by trying to justify himself, and I suppose fair play to him for replying. He does appear a bit narked!

torchomatic

Whereas calling him "Less Read" is the height of maturity and professionalism.

If so I am concerned that a senior editor for the CET can reply in such a childish manner.

bigfatronssba

Whereas calling him "Less Read" is the height of maturity and professionalism.

I'm sure Les has never used a pun on someone's name whilst writing a headline?

skybluebal

Good blog.

Les Reid offers his opinion, some Sky Blues fans offer an opinion that disagrees with his, where's the problem?

I think I have to question as to whether that is Les Reid replying though.

Les has done a lot of good work, but I feel that recently he seems to be promoting the SISU agenda. I expected the same challenging questions and pressure would be applied to Seppala as to Fisher & the FL. I was disappointed with the article, it was the spin I expected and got.

I am also surprised that he (if it is him) has reacted in the way he did to this blog. The points from the blog are exactly the ones that came to my mind because I critically looked at each of Seppala's comments. Perhaps it hit a nerve - maybe he does see it as a missed opportunity, I don't know.

I also thought that most of the twitter feeds posted in the CT regarding the article, seem to be filtered to show the 'majority' in support. Those who might disagree deserve to be heard otherwise the media can make anything become the truth and the norm. I would say to all to be critical in their thinking and analysis.

Users who are viewing this thread