A note of caution (1 Viewer)

letsallsingtogether

What do you mean we have achieved nothing?
First ever play off place top 6 finish that alone is an achievement.
Promotion will be a bonus.
In Robins we trust.
Good job the SBA have hired all the busses none left for MR :)
PUSB.

Otis

In Robins we trust.
PUSB.

Yep, agree with all this and I am not at all nervous about Monday.

Even if we lose we have shown what a force we can be in this division and I would fully expect us to be right at the top of the pack next season.

We play anything like we did against Cheltenham away, or Notts County on a reasonably regular basis and we could walk this league.

Feeling really good. The County performance was so sublime I now think all things are possible.

Feeling very good about next season now whichever league we are in.

clint van damme

In Robins we trust.
PUSB.

in the main, agree with this, though it will be a blow to spend another season in this league and there will be inevitable departures.
Said on another thread, if the worse happens, we need to use Exeter as our inspiration, bouncing back after a play off final defeat.
Whatever happens, I'll be there next season, that's all I can do.

Otis

in the main, agree with this, though it will be a blow to spend another season in this league and there will be inevitable departures.
Said on another thread, if the worse happens, we need to use Exeter as our inspiration, bouncing back after a play off final defeat.
Whatever happens, I'll be there next season, that's all I can do.
Thing is, Clint, if we lose McNulty, I think Ponticelli may be ably ready to fill his boots. We lose Bayliss we have Andreu. We lose Jones, we have played without him for so long anyway.

Who else will we feasibly lose?

Besides, if we lose Bayliss we are going to recieve a very good sum for him I would have thought.

standupforcity

We’ve achieved fuck all yet.

Man I am so excited about Monday but...

I actually think we will do it but..

Exeter did finish fourth but..

Must be pre match nerves..

PUSB
We've achieved a lot...a team that plays like a team, an increased following, top 6 finish, and a manager who's committed and who's turned this club around! As has been said, promotion would be an unexpected bonus...but because of what we've 'achieved' this season, this is where we are and possible promotion is a reality!!

Otis

This doesn't make great reading for clubs who don't win the play offs...English Football League play-offs: Why you have to win your final
Exeter made the play-offs last year though and are there again this season.

I would assume it is harder higher up the leagues, i.e. the Championship. There are so many good teams there and I think that makes it harder.

How many good teams would you say were in League Two this season?

I would be confident the City would at least make the play-offs again next season if we fail this.

Nick

Administrator
I couldn't see a note of caution, but I did find a sign of caution?

giphy.gif

Colin Steins Smile

This doesn't make great reading for clubs who don't win the play offs...English Football League play-offs: Why you have to win your final
I think the difference for us is that the major rebuilding job of the squad was undertaken last summer & we have the key players under contract for at least one more season. Therefore, MR has a far more stable position to prepare for next season, in comparison to other years. That said, we must expect some exits BUT it will be done with MR able to seek alternatives.

Terry_dactyl

Thing is, Clint, if we lose McNulty, I think Ponticelli may be ably ready to fill his boots. We lose Bayliss we have Andreu. We lose Jones, we have played without him for so long anyway.

Besides, if we lose Bayliss we are going to recieve a very good sum for him I would have thought.

...and we’ve got that zain kid from Brentford who sounds like he could be decent.

Thanks. You’ve made me feel less nervous about things. Roll on Monday!

Gibbo

As good a summary of the situation if we stay in Div 2 as you'll find. Shit tho it will be. Allegedly most losing finalists do badly the following year, although Exeter haven't

Otis

There is no certainty we will be in the top 3 or even top 7 next season - this is an opportunity the club need to take.
Agree, but there's nowt you can do about a wonder strike from 35 yards out, or a dodgy penalty given etc.

Sometimes it's in the lap of the gods.

steve cooper

I don't think we will necessarily lose any of the players we want to keep, the team seems settled and they get on well together. Sisu have held onto some of our best players in recent windows despite interest. MR has said consistently he thinks we are the best team in L2, and some of the more recent results have gone some way to support this. If we don't win on Monday I fully expect us to be better next year.

Otis

Recent L2 history bucks that trend! Breathe brother!
Yeah, like I say, surely they need to split it down by division. the Championship have at least 12 clubs capable of promotion and challenging at the top. There really wasn't that in League Two last season.

stevefloyd

As I have said a few times, Robins has transformed us, he has now got players that other teams would want instead of the Shite TM and Slade brought in, he brought in 12 new players and has been helped by the emergence of Shipley and Bayliss, the team have gelled at times but its just consistency that we have stuttered on! Lets hope we get that 1 more great performance for tomorrow then build consistency next season hopefully a division higher

tigersb

If we play football the way we can then we’ll be fine

vow

Ok, perhaps I should rephrase the OP to "we've won fuck all yet".
So yea, we've achieved top 6, but promotion was a minimum for most fans.

Users who are viewing this thread