A Lesson In Rugby (1 Viewer)

Moff

Urgh!! What a horrible fixture.

The team who have taken our football stadium this season vs the town who took our football team last season.

I hadnt quite looked at it like that..and I do see what you mean.

Having been born in the Borough I am a Saints fan, but brought up in Coventry a CCFC fan. I will always be a football fan first and foremost. Thankfully having never watched my football team in my Rugby town I dont have that nightmare association!

Otis

I hadnt quite looked at it like that..and I do see what you mean.

Having been born in the Borough I am a Saints fan, but brought up in Coventry a CCFC fan. I will always be a football fan first and foremost. Thankfully having never watched my football team in my Rugby town I dont have that nightmare association!

The word Northampton never previously conjured up any thought at all for me in the past, Moff, but ever since Sixfields, each and every time I hear the word Northampton, the hairs on the back of my neck prickle and and it makes me furrow my eyebrow and always think back to CCFC's tenure there .

Not really Northampton's fault of course to a large degree, but for me that association of name will forever remain tainted to my eyes.

lewys33

The biggest talking point was this:

[video=youtube;waGCWlf9yRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waGCWlf9yRI[/video]

How anyone can argue this is a red card I don't know. Whether it was accidental or not it is an awful attempt at stopping the try.

Otis

The biggest talking point was this:

[video=youtube;waGCWlf9yRI]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waGCWlf9yRI[/video]

How anyone can argue this is a red card I don't know. Whether it was accidental or not it is an awful attempt at stopping the try.

A bit too blurry to judge by that clip I would say.

Ashdown

The real rugby team in Cov will be taking a couple of hundred fans to London today on a jolly, lets hope the team put on a decent performance !

Otis

The real rugby team in Cov will be taking a couple of hundred fans to London today on a jolly, lets hope the team put on a decent performance !

Ealing isn't it?

Hope they thrash the big money spending barstewards!

lewys33

Ealing was always going to be a tough game. Was hoping come this weekend it would be a bit of a decider but it wasn't meant to be :(

Moff

Going well then cheated out of it by a sixth form referee

You sound like a proper wasps fan already Macca, ready with the excuses. ;)

Its a pity a piece of foul play, in knocking someone out with your knee, has given rise to some Wasps fans using it as a direct reason for the loss. I am sure Saints would have rather continued to face, and beat, fifteen and not fourteen, players. Sixth form referee or not it was a straight red, and it ruined the contest.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread