A few years ago Adam Dent said (1 Viewer)

Lord_Nampil

Ian Dowie has inherited an ok team. If hes a good coach he will be able to improve the team and make it a good solid team.

I think Thorn should / could have done that with this crop of players yet we seem to have gone backwards.

I know we lost 3 decent players + Big Ben (Who we didn't need to sell) but surely IF Thorn was a good coach he could have improved at least 3 or 4 of the so called rubbish players.

As he hasn't and to me he seems to have scared half the team to death he needs to move on and let some one else have ago!

If Adam Dent saw this back in 2007 why cant it be done in our current situation??

AFCCOVENTRY

Really what is different form the team Thorn has towards the end of last season?

Westwood, Gunny and King.

Has the loss of those 3 players really caused our plight or is it the coaching and tactics?

la-ccfc

Really what is different form the team Thorn has towards the end of last season?

Westwood, Gunny and King.

Has the loss of those 3 players really caused our plight or is it the coaching and tactics?

It's probably a combination of both, we weren't exactly that good with them even before Thorn had taken over, but some of the tactics have been naive at best.

AFCCOVENTRY

I would say that so far this Season Juke has more than covered the goal gap from Marlon.

The biggest problem this year has been midfield. It can't attack/create/score goals as a unit.

Most of the assists this year are coming from Hussey or Christie.

I am afraid Thorn/ Harrison are doing something very wrong.

OyJimmy

How come Thorn can't improve players? Seriously? What's their average age? I think many of them are playing out of their skins considering how many of them were academy players last year.

Sutty

Westwood (Prem) - Turner (Top Champ team) - Gunnar (Top Champ team) - King (Top Champ team + Europe)

That's the spine of a table-topping team in this league. You take them out of a squad that finished 17th last year, then don't replace them, what do you expect?

Astute

I expect what is happening now or a little better

Disorganised1

So long as we still have a club eh ?

City 'til I die, I'm City till I die. I know I am, I'm sure I am, I'm City till I die.

Nonleagueherewecome

so why cant Thorn make that Shit Team into an Ok team??

And I'll just take this lump of dog poo I found on the pavement outside and turn it into a bar of solid gold....ta-da! Oh bugger, it didn't work :facepalm:

Nonleagueherewecome

I would say that so far this Season Juke has more than covered the goal gap from Marlon.

The biggest problem this year has been midfield. It can't attack/create/score goals as a unit.

Most of the assists this year are coming from Hussey or Christie.

I am afraid Thorn/ Harrison are doing something very wrong.

So Lukas couldn't score for toffee for Aidy, who constantly undermined his confidence. Thorn trebles his strike-rate and turns him into a much more fearsome prospect for opposition to deal with, yet he's doing nothing right?

Users who are viewing this thread