A few words (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

1st speech by the new manager ....

"We are Coventry City, we have the best stadium in this division. We have one of the biggest wage bills which pays YOUR wages. We will get to the play offs this season, else you will all be labeled as League One players who couldnt make it out of this league. Defeat at the Ricoh is quite simply not an option, teams should be scared to death when they come here and know that they will not get a seconds peace. Anything less than 100% effort will have you off that pitch straight away, These fans deserve the best, They go to work and earn in 1 week what you all get in 1 day. They invest their hard earned money in your wages and you need to remember that when they want to voice their opinion. Any of you not pulling you weight will be out as soon as I can get rid of you. Ask youselves, do you want to be in the premier league, playing the likes of Arsenal week in, week out, or do you want to be going to Luton on Tuesday night, in League Two..The future of this club is in your hands, and if you dont want to step up and be counted, you know where the door is. You will now sit though the Stevnage game and then the Birmingham game and I want to know which CCFC team I will see run out on the pitch this saturday. Mistakes I can forgive, a lack of effort i can not !"

Last edited:

Sky Blues

"I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy who's willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?"
- Tony D'Amato (Pacino), Any Given Sunday

We need some of that fight, but this is a bit old hat according to the secret footballer...

theprince

Division one players get division one wages, championship players get championship wages and division 2 players get division 2 wages.

Nonleagueherewecome

"I don't know what to say, really. Three minutes to the biggest battle of our professional lives. All comes down to today, and either, we heal as a team, or we're gonna crumble. Inch by inch, play by play. Until we're finished. We're in hell right now, gentlemen. Believe me. And, we can stay here, get the shit kicked out of us, or we can fight our way back into the light. We can climb outta hell... one inch at a time. Now I can't do it for ya, I'm too old. I look around, I see these young faces and I think, I mean, I've made every wrong choice a middle-aged man can make. I, uh, I've pissed away all my money, believe it or not. I chased off anyone who's ever loved me. And lately, I can't even stand the face I see in the mirror. You know, when you get old, in life, things get taken from you. I mean, that's... that's... that's a part of life. But, you only learn that when you start losin' stuff. You find out life's this game of inches, so is football. Because in either game - life or football - the margin for error is so small. I mean, one half a step too late or too early and you don't quite make it. One half second too slow, too fast and you don't quite catch it. The inches we need are everywhere around us. They're in every break of the game, every minute, every second. On this team we fight for that inch. On this team we tear ourselves and everyone else around us to pieces for that inch. We claw with our fingernails for that inch. Because we know when add up all those inches, that's gonna make the fucking difference between winning and losing! Between living and dying! I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy who's willing to die who's gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is, the six inches in front of your face. Now I can't make you do it. You've got to look at the guy next to you, look into his eyes. Now I think ya going to see a guy who will go that inch with you. Your gonna see a guy who will sacrifice himself for this team, because he knows when it comes down to it your gonna do the same for him. That's a team, gentlemen, and either, we heal, now, as a team, or we will die as individuals. That's football guys, that's all it is. Now, what are you gonna do?"

We need some of that fight, but this is a bit old hat according to the secret footballer...

I read as far as the "play-by-play" line then thought, "hang on, isn't this from Any Given Sunday?"

We really should utilise our "special teams" players more... :D

ajsccfc

'Good morning. In less than an hour, aircraft from here will join others from around the world, and you will be launching the largest aerial battle in the history of mankind.

Mankind, that word should have new meaning for all of us today. We can't be consumed by our petty differences any more. We will be united in our common interest. Perhaps it's fate that today is the 4th of July, and you will once again be fighting for our freedom. Not from tyranny, oppression, or persecution, but from annihilation. We're fighting for our right to live, to exist and should we win the day, the 4th of July will no longer be known as an American holiday, but as the day when the world declared in one voice, 'We will not go quietly into the night! We will not vanish without a fight! We're going to live on, we're going to survive.'

Today we celebrate our independence day'

Regis87

Our new Scottish manager :
"Fight and you may die . Run and you will live at least a little while , and dying in your bed many years from now , would you be willing to trade all the days from this day to that for one chance , just one chance to come back here as young men and tell our enemies that they may take our lives but they will never take our freedom !"

neilyboy67

stirring stuff reminds me of the speech one of the lads made last time out at villa park!

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
"get out there and feckin' winnnnn you pussies!!!!!"

oakey

Remember, when all's said and done, it's only a game ...

But when you return to the dressing room ... Vengeance will be mine ... And I know where you live

Fwar, har, haaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrr

Users who are viewing this thread