A Few Thoughts... (1 Viewer)

SBS

Just a few of my thoughts on everything that has gone on.

I've never felt so disappointed in a manager at Coventry. The turnover of managers we've seen here makes it almost feel normal that we're looking again. I can understand his motives in terms of wanting to manage at a higher level, increasing his wage and moving closer to home. I'm not arguing this is the same as a promotion in a normal work place, rather just trying to imagine it a from a neutral perspective. As a Coventry fan and as someone who thought Robins was a man of principle, I'm surprised at the timing. If it had been at the end of the season and we were still in this league, I'd have few qualms. He did a great job given what he started with and deserves to be a level higher. However, five months into a three year contract is short even by footballs standards and going from "in my blood" to 'clearing the desk' looks worse on him than us.

Robins made watching Coventry exciting again and strangely, I don't think it's such a bad thing seeing a manager leaving for a higher level. Any potential manager must see that we've got a decent squad and we're no longer managerial graveyard we once were. Unfortunately, the list of potential managers looks less appealing than ever before I think. But credit where it's due, Waggot and Fisher got it right with Robins and hopefully they'll do it again.

I can't see us sneaking into the play offs, but it has often taken teams like ourselves a couple of seasons to get out of here. It would be nice to see Carsley do well. I'm not saying give him the job but as a player he always seemed tactically aware and you never know, he might just surprise us in the few games he has. Either way, I'll be at Bury cheering on him and the team. PUSB!

Users who are viewing this thread