A draw today will suit us nicely. (1 Viewer)

Otis

Sorry, had to do it.

Just sick to death every home game of us saying 'this is a must-win.' Crewe, Yeovil, Swindon, Colchester etc.

Maybe if we say that a point will be great we might just go out and win. Reverse logic and all that.

Today is a must-win though. :whistle:

CJparker

Was just goign to respond to say "you frickin what??" - then I read your post.

Yeah, we need a result, though if admin happens it will not matter

Covstu

if we cannot beat Hartlepool at home there is no hope for us. No disrespect to H'pool as they seem to be playing well at the moment but we have to win.

Otis

Think they have only lost 1 in 10 games so they are going to be no walkover.

Good thing for us I think is that they need the win too. They won't sit back like Colchester did. A point really suited Colchester. Hartlepool are 6 points from safety so need the 3 points.

Might make for an open game.

theferret

I genuinely think today will be the day we roll over someone and win comfortably. I might regret saying that later, but I think it is long overdue.

If we do that, it'll be interesting to see how it affects the mood re. administration, but I suspect it would take a win at Pompey for some people to really start questioning the wisdom of trying to force admin at this point (sorry to drag it away from football again, but it's hard not to).

theferret

Pitch gets worse every time I see it. Weather this winter has a lot to do with it obviously, but I wonder if the fact it wasn't replaced last summer because of the Olympics has had an effect? Not an excuse obviously, but it clearly can't help a team that likes to play football.

Otis

I blame Richardson for not going with the roof and retractable pitch as he promised.

wolfie

I would like to see us get promoted this season and the 10 points come of next season, my reasoning is, if we go up there is every chance we will get relegated straight away our side is not good enough for the championship. But go in on -10 means the team have a challenge from match 1, and possibly will treat every game as a battle. Need that win today

skybluejelly

i am honestly expecting a draw ... the first half at hartlepool was dire ...and in the second half we had one of those days when every shot went in..we will probably win every game until the end of the season now then have 10 points deducted ..just the joys of being a city fan:(

theferret

I would like to see us get promoted this season and the 10 points come of next season, my reasoning is, if we go up there is every chance we will get relegated straight away our side is not good enough for the championship. But go in on -10 means the team have a challenge from match 1, and possibly will treat every game as a battle. Need that win today

I don't understand why people are so convinced we would come straight back down. Teams promoted from L1 have a good record in their first Championship season. It isn't as though the teams above us are all that much better than us either, we're only 11 points off the top despite our terrible start and our tendency to throw games away needlessly.

We would also almost certainly strengthen the squad following a promotion anyway.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather we avoided administration altogether. I know, what a wacky idea that is.

wolfie

I don't understand why people are so convinced we would come straight back down. Teams promoted from L1 have a good record in their first Championship season. It isn't as though the teams above us are all that much better than us either, we're only 11 points off the top despite our terrible start and our tendency to throw games away needlessly.

We would also almost certainly strengthen the squad following a promotion anyway.

Call me old fashioned, but I'd rather we avoided administration altogether. I know, what a wacky idea that is.
I would rather avoid admin as well. And the reason I think we will struggle to stay up is I'm not sure we will
Be able to strengthen the team for next season and its possible we will have to let players go instead. Or the positive side we may have a new owner who can invest in the team. Fingers crossed

stupot07

We would certainly strengthen on promotion, but that would likely be freebies and those willing to take a low wage by championship standards.

Users who are viewing this thread