A Coventry Murder on TV Tonight (1 Viewer)

bringbackrattles

On BBC 2 tonight at 9pm is a programme about a murder in a Coventry park. Forensics CSI look to solve the crime.

Nick

Administrator
It's scary how they operate, takes 3 of them with weapons on one kid.

The state of them in that gym, they would get absolutely hammered on their own with no weapons.

Otis

I was surprised there were witnesses who came forwards. Quite often there is a fear of reprisal and local people keep their mouths shut.

bringbackrattles

I was surprised there were witnesses who came forwards. Quite often there is a fear of reprisal and local people keep their mouths shut.
What wasnt mentioned was the lad who was murdered was new to the area, and the gang didn't like the way he looked at one of them. I saw my old flat by the bookies, glad I'm away from there now. The area has gone right down, and needs knocking down and rebuilt,like they've been saying for years !

Sky Blue Pete

What wasnt mentioned was the lad who was murdered was new to the area, and the gang didn't like the way he looked at one of them. I saw my old flat by the bookies, glad I'm away from there now. The area has gone right down, and needs knocking down and rebuilt,like they've been saying for years !
Unbelievable isn’t it? Such vicious thuggery with no consideration to the consequences

bringbackrattles

Unbelievable isn’t it? Such vicious thuggery with no consideration to the consequences
A friend of mine runs a cafe in the square and police go in there often. He was told what went on etc and they were shocked at that they would commit murder for such a small thing. There has been other murders in the area, it is without being over dramatic a dangerous place to live.

Brylowes

Could be an indication that they really we’re just a very young group of wannabe gangsters, had they been members of an established and well organised money making street gang, I think wittiness would be very difficult to come by.

Otis

Could be an indication that they really we’re just a very young group of wannabe gangsters, had they been members of an established and well organised money making street gang, I think wittiness would be very difficult to come by.
Yes, indeed.

Covkid1968#

There is a gangland war going on in Cov and this lad seems to have been incorrectly targeted as a CV2 member. These are gangs of kids and young adults. You see some of the daft but intimidating stuff CV2 put out on YouTube. The other bunch of halfwits who’s families don’t originate from Cov but most are born in Cov are just as bad.

Imagine me and my mates making a video of our gang when I was 16....it would be along the lines of. Mess with us and we’ll come and do ratatat ginger on houses in your area....that’s how us bad asses rolled in Binley. 😎😎

Otis

There is a gangland war going on in Cov and this lad seems to have been incorrectly targeted as a CV2 member. These are gangs of kids and young adults. You see some of the daft but intimidating stuff CV2 put out on YouTube. The other bunch of halfwits who’s families don’t originate from Cov but most are born in Cov are just as bad.

Imagine me and my mates making a video of our gang when I was 16....it would be along the lines of. Mess with us and we’ll come and do ratatat ginger on houses in your area....that’s how us bad asses rolled in Binley. 😎😎
I thought the perpetrators were C2. Have I got that wrong?

Covkid1968#

I think the police referred to the gang as C2 so I don’t think that was wrong Otis....But the gang who attacked were members of RB7 .... these are mainly kids of African refugees who came here for a better life but who’s kids appear to be wannabe gangsters. CV2 are your local Woodenders and the poor lad murdered got tagged by mistake. Not that I am down with the youth but have been diversifying my music taste recently and that got me listening to some stuff by the lad based in Cov and before I knew it, I’m fully up to speed on the postcode based shit going down..... although I do own a hoodie

Covkid1968#

Actually... just played it back because I thought it odd last night when they said C2...and you’re right Otis. CV2 did do the attack. I hang my hooded head in shame 😎😎

fernandopartridge

I watched that last night. Growing up in the general area you always had to keep your wits about you to an extent, but there was never a gang culture or the fear of knife crime, particularly among young teenagers. R.I.P. to the young lad who was killed.

Brylowes

Actually... just played it back because I thought it odd last night when they said C2...and you’re right Otis. CV2 did do the attack. I hang my hooded head in shame 😎😎
C 2 is short for CV 2 apparently.

shmmeee

Just for the LOLs I think the Royal Mail should shuffle about all the postcodes in these areas. Confuse the fuck out of them.

Can’t help but feel all this comes down to prohibition. All these kids (rightly) see selling drugs as a victimless crime that can make them decent money. From there it gets into protecting your area and scaring off others who want to rob you and all that.

Take away the drugs and it’s a much bigger step up into crime for a kid. People concerned with a moral crusade about drugs should look at what creating a thriving black market is doing in these areas.

Nick

Administrator
It all seems a bit noncey to me as well.

Which older lads are driving 15 year old boys round in their car?

Macca

I think the police referred to the gang as C2 so I don’t think that was wrong Otis....But the gang who attacked were members of RB7 .... these are mainly kids of African refugees who came here for a better life but who’s kids appear to be wannabe gangsters. CV2 are your local Woodenders and the poor lad murdered got tagged by mistake. Not that I am down with the youth but have been diversifying my music taste recently and that got me listening to some stuff by the lad based in Cov and before I knew it, I’m fully up to speed on the postcode based shit going down..... although I do own a hoodie

C2 has pretty much the same demographic. It’s an issue that needs addressing. Unfortunately so long as this shit life is portrayed as glamorous by white middle class media types living in safe market towns it won’t change

covcity4life

Disgusting cunts. Kill someone then mess around in gym like nothing happen

Np comment

No comment

No mercy you c**t. Rot in jail

bringbackrattles

Disgusting cunts. Kill someone then mess around in gym like nothing happen

Np comment

No comment

No mercy you c**t. Rot in jail
Vile cowards that hung around Bell Green. But think they were caught on camera in the gym before they murdered that lad. Not that it makes much difference. Been a double murder in Riley Square last year, not shocked though.

covcity4life

Vile cowards that hung around Bell Green. But think they were caught on camera in the gym before they murdered that lad. Not that it makes much difference. Been a double murder in Riley Square last year, not shocked though.
City and country is falling apart. When we were kids parents.maoned about hip hop but shooting people in drive buys was never a danger in UK

now songs about knifing people are possible scenarios for youth.

Ban grime and zero tolerance on gangs no matter their race.

bringbackrattles

City and country is falling apart. When we were kids parents.maoned about hip hop but shooting people in drive buys was never a danger in UK

Off topic a little but where my sister lives in rural Leicestershire they have had a lot of dogs getting stolen, seems to be regular there. They have been told by the police to be on their guard when out walking their dogs, as vans drive around with blokes grabbing the dogs and driving off. My sister who is devoted to her French bulldog goes to her local park each morning now armed with pepper spray and an alarm. So now I'm worried that she could get involved in an incident, but she says anybody tries to nick her dog will regret it. What a shitty world we are living in !

Brylowes

Unfortunately it’s more a case of the songs and culture drawing inspiration from life, rather than the other way round.

Last edited:

shmmeee

Unfortunately it’s more a case of the songs and culture drawing inspiration from life, rather than the other way round.

Also I remember a kid getting shot in a drive by when I was at Uni 20 years ago so not sure this holds up particularly.

Users who are viewing this thread