A BIT OF Mr CLOUGH IN Mr ROBINS - just maybe (1 Viewer)

Early days I know - a few short weeks maybe but don't you think MR has some of the traits of the late great Brian Clough.

MR has galvanised a squad of players he inherited (plus a few additions) from the stench of relegation and losing mentality into the form team of the league scoring for fun with smiles on their faces.

He has instilled discipline on and off the pitch and convinced mediocre players that they are world beaters playing with a style not seen for at least ten years

Individual players have improved considerably under MR's tutillage none more than: Murphy, Christie, Edge, McG, Jennings, Baker, and most of the others.

Of particular note is the unbelievable performances of newly installed captain Carl Baker - "velcro" Carl is a pleasure to watch these days with occasionally (dare I say it) some Tommy Hutch type ball control and super skills.

Yes MR is setting the football world alight with his free scoring team giving hope to the fans and hopefully convincing SiSU et al that we have someone special in Mark Robins - long may it continue.

BurbageSkyBlues

Agreed that MR is doing the business, just not convinced he has a bit of the cloughie about him......his achievements so far, yes! But his character?...not really, may be a bit more SAF?

dongonzalos

Early days I know - a few short weeks maybe but don't you think MR has some of the traits of the late great Brian Clough.

MR has galvanised a squad of players he inherited (plus a few additions) from the stench of relegation and losing mentality into the form team of the league scoring for fun with smiles on their faces.

He has instilled discipline on and off the pitch and convinced mediocre players that they are world beaters playing with a style not seen for at least ten years

Individual players have improved considerably under MR's tutillage none more than: Murphy, Christie, Edge, McG, Jennings, Baker, and most of the others.

Of particular note is the unbelievable performances of newly installed captain Carl Baker - "velcro" Carl is a pleasure to watch these days with occasionally (dare I say it) some Tommy Hutch type ball control and super skills.

Yes MR is setting the football world alight with his free scoring team giving hope to the fans and hopefully convincing SiSU et al that we have someone special in Mark Robins - long may it continue.

I hope so ....,,,

redsox

Facebook User
It's a nice thought and I hope you are right.......................please may you be right!!

coundonskyblue

<p>&lt;p&gt;
Erm I don t know...the insignificant team whose site you are on. Well done for not being bothered about us enough to make a post
</p>
<p>&nbsp;</p>
<p>&amp; also not being bothered about us enough to make up a song. Maybe we should pick some random team to make up a song about?

If you all have no opinion on Southend clap your hands...

Users who are viewing this thread