a begginer (1 Viewer)

eamo63

just really learning this computer thing have been missing out on all the news on coventry for years only really got info of the tv but since been online found out there is a lot more news behind the scenes
the ccfc fan club in ireland were going mad over mcgoldrick leaving but no-one made a fuss was that already done and dusted before he left and everyone knew about it ????

RoboCCFC90

I don't think it was done deal but in reality I think every fan realised that David wasn't going to stay with us, It seems he only used CCFC to re-establish his career so that he can play his Football at a higher level and stay on the wages he was earning at Forest. Which is fair enough and we thank him for his contribution and hope Leon Clarke can emmulate that form or even better it when he finds his feet..

Otis

Yep. most of just knew he wouldn't stay and when we got Leon Clarke it was pretty obvious that he was a replacement for DMC rather than a strike partner, despite all the comments in the press about a partnership from the club.

When we got him and he started scoring we pretty much knew he wouldn't be staying past Christmas.

eamo63

pity if they had got him to stay on loan till the end of season and got us up i think he would have been worth every penny even they could have offered him championship wages then

ccfcway

pity if they had got him to stay on loan till the end of season and got us up i think he would have been worth every penny even they could have offered him championship wages then

IF is a big word.

Even if we got up, I'm still not convinced would could have offered as much as Ipswich

skyblueinBaku

Welcome to the forum, eamo :welcome: I think the McG loan to Ipswich was part organised while he was still here. The deal was completed very quickly after his return to Forest

Covstu

welcome fella, yes this was a done done prior to leaving city. Nothing we can do about it really just the league we are in and the lack of buying power.

TheSnoz

Eamo welcome. Have you got a tin hat? You'll need one!
David McGoldrick went for a money decision on his career, rather than a football one. He was on a roll here. Best form of his career. He turned his back on that sadly. Would have been a total hero to us fans. Signed til end of season - with a clause if we didn't get promoted. And named his price in the summer. Disappointing, but like others have said, no big surprise.

ricohman

Welcome, Im a newbie myself. Only joined a few months back.

I agree this is the best source for team info and rumours, before i found this forum i had to rely on what i heard through the media Which was very little.

And coming from ireland i had no fellow supporters to talk Coventry stuff with.

eamo63

there are a few fans around but most are closet fans last time i seen them out was in1987 while i was in full coventry shirt and scalf in a pub full of tottenham supporters if was only after the match they took their coats of and took their scalfs out even today when i try to talk to them they look around first to see who is listening

The Reverend Skyblue

there are a few fans around but most are closet fans last time i seen them out was in1987 while i was in full coventry shirt and scalf in a pub full of tottenham supporters if was only after the match they took their coats of and took their scalfs out even today when i try to talk to them they look around first to see who is listening

Welcome eamo63, it sounds like your friends are embarrassed to be Cov fans,looking round to see who is listening before they talk to you, is it that bad in Ireland to be a Cov fan.

They should set up some sort of large house in the miiddle of the country, where all the fans can meet under the cover of night, and talk all things skyblue.

Or do you have meetings like AA meetings, where you stand up and say, "hello my name is eamo and i support Coventry City, please help me".

Tell them they are not alone, we will fight this discrimination as one to our dying day,lets unite together and wear skyblue out in public and feel proud, and yell it from the rooftops, I LOVE COVENTRY CITY FC

Tell them not to be ashamed , tell them we are here for them and we will do everything we can to help them to come to terms with supporting the skyblues.

My name is Rev and i LOVE supporting Coventry, there is a future for us all

Last edited:

eamo63

not really ashamed just that you have to be thick skinned over here with all the utd, liverpool,chelsea and as of last year man city fans as i told them watching the matches on tv does not make you a fan just a couch pottato they never seen any team live

TommyAtkins

just really learning this computer thing have been missing out on all the news on coventry for years only really got info of the tv but since been online found out there is a lot more news behind the scenes
the ccfc fan club in ireland were going mad over mcgoldrick leaving but no-one made a fuss was that already done and dusted before he left and everyone knew about it ????

How could the club sign McGoldrick?

ACL and the Council would have destroyed the club if we had signed him

Users who are viewing this thread