77% households have internet access (1 Viewer)

Godiva

Source: http://www.ons.gov.uk/ons/rel/rdit2...ndividuals/2011/stb-internet-access-2011.html

This means there is quite a good chance that AT and his players have internet access and if they have they are probably reading this forum.

I am just letting you know, because it may help a few to think twice about how they portrait and ridicule the manager or the individual player.

Otis

Indeed. We should leave the fat, sweaty bastard alone.

And his half-witted pondlife, overpaid prima-donnas.

ajsccfc

You needed to look up nationwide internet coverage to suggest that people on football salaries in the Midlands might have internet access? Really?

Greggs

More importantly, IF I SHOUT REALLY LOUD they can hear my on a Saturday

Sutty

They're quite kind people really. They'll even SHOOT or STOP MESSING ABOUT WITH IT BACK THERE, if you ask nicely.

Godiva

Excellent reply.
You sarcastically make the point you already are fully aware they are reading your ... ehmm witty? ... posts and are happy with that.

I was merely on a fishing expedition and it seems I got all the scavenger fish in the pond.

Godiva

More interestingly, what percentage don't have running water, cannot read and live in Lesta?

:thinking about::thinking about::thinking about::thinking about:

102%.

Some of your punts are actually quite funny. Like this one.

shy_tall_knight

hopefully AT can use the internet to research tactics, Bell to watch quality players and how they impact a game rather than a few stepovers and a 5 yard pass.

Hateley's Heed

Otis

Can I just point out to the manager and any players who may be tuning in here ..... that was all tongue in cheek.

But you did all already know that surely didn't you?

ccfc92

Can I just point out to the manager and any players who may be tuning in here ..... that was all tongue in cheek.

I dont know, people do take things to heart :thinking about:

Astute

This sort of thing has been put on here previously. Why would it not be believed to be the truth of what some people think?

Don't find it funny myself. I must be missing my SOH sometimes. I see it more of having a go at someone who is part of the club I love. I am not for personal attacks on people that can't defend themselves.

Otis

Well I saw the Deegan thing for what it was and it was a joke and I wasn't at all offended by it, so there you go.

SkyBlue_Bear83

Is this the kind of "tongue-in-cheek" comment that Deegan made about the IRA as a joke to his mate choosing to play for Ireland rather than Scotland that resulted in severe cases of indignation to so many on this forum?Tongue-in-cheek works both ways people or not at all.(beginning to enjoy this forum thingy)
Difference is Deegan plays for Cov and all his comments will be analysed and scrutinised by the public where as nobody gives a flying fook about what Otis says

Otis

Difference is Deegan plays for Cov and all his comments will be analysed and scrutinised by the public where as nobody gives a flying fook about what Otis says

You've obviously been talking to my missus.

dadgad

Tbh, footballers by and large do not care about the impact they have on us fans or the impression they give to society.
The planet they live on bears no resemblance to the real world. A touch of sanity needs to return to their world and if a few home truths on tinternet helps then bring it on.
When you compare an Ernie Machin for example with some of the inept imbeciles that have played for us recently you'd have to be an imbecile yourself not to realise that football is ridiculously over hyped and largely populated by arrogant pricks.

Nonleagueherewecome

I think if footballers can handle the banter in the dressing room, they should be big and brave enough to cope with a fan's forum. If not, they don't have to read it. If they do read it-what do they expect?! I'm sure they are aware that even the most sober and reasonable person in the world often comes across as rude and nasty on the internet.

Equally, I guess if I think a player is struggling to cope with fan pressure and their body language implies that they think the fans hate them (eg Baker), or they are a youngster (so needing backing/more likely to be naively on here) then yeah, I guess I do try and spare them too many harsh words in case word gets back to them.

Nonleagueherewecome

Tbh, footballers by and large do not care about the impact they have on us fans or the impression they give to society.
The planet they live on bears no resemblance to the real world. A touch of sanity needs to return to their world and if a few home truths on tinternet helps then bring it on.
When you compare an Ernie Machin for example with some of the inept imbeciles that have played for us recently you'd have to be an imbecile yourself not to realise that football is ridiculously over hyped and largely populated by arrogant pricks.

Yes, and phrases like "well, he's only on 3k a week" really do need stopping and thinking about for a minute..

Users who are viewing this thread