5 reasons to go to Blackpool match (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

We've listed five reasons (like you need one) to get yourself down to the Ricoh Arena on Saturday, October 17th...
Tickets are now on sale for the Sky Blues’ second home league game of October against Blackpool on Saturday, 17th October at the Ricoh Arena.

The Sky Blues face the Seasiders as they look to continue their impressive start to the season against the former Premier League side and here are five reasons you should get down to the Ricoh Arena.

1. Unbeaten home form!

In the first five home games of the season, the Sky Blues have won four games and drawn one. Not only are Tony Mowbray's side winning games but they have also scored 11 goals in the process, conceding just four.

image: http://www.ccfc.co.uk/cms_images/armstrong-w144-2741179.jpg
armstrong-w144-2741179.jpg

2. Adam Armstrong and Ryan Kent return!

The Newcastle and Liverpool loanees return to Sky Blue action this Saturday having missed the 1-0 win over Fleetwood Town due to international duty.

Adam Armstrong is currently City's top-scorer with eight goals in nine appearances, already overtaking last season's top-scorer Frank Nouble.

image: http://www.ccfc.co.uk/cms_images/kent-w144-2741180.jpg
kent-w144-2741180.jpg

Ryan Kent may not have scored yet but his performances have shown plenty of promise and Kent scored the winning goal in the 2-1 win for England U20s against Turkey.

3. City demonstrate the art of defending!

The Sky Blues have kept three consecutive clean sheets in their last three games and have only conceded 10 goals in League One this season.

Captain Sam Ricketts has been the architect with Reda Johnson and Aaron Martin providing a solid basis for Tony Mowbray's side this season.

image: http://www.ccfc.co.uk/cms_images/ricketts-w144-2741282.jpg
ricketts-w144-2741282.jpg

Also, since making his league debut against Shrewsbury Town, Reice Charles-Cook hasn't conceded a goal yet in some eye-catching displays.

4. Best start to a season since....

The Sky Blues haven't made such a good start to the season since the 1981/82 season, according to historian Jim Brown.

Tony Mowbray's side are now on 22 points from 11 games and just three points off the top of the table with a game in hand on the rest of the top-half.

image: http://www.ccfc.co.uk/cms_images/mowbray-w144-2741284.jpg
mowbray-w144-2741284.jpg

Dare we say it, but it's looking promising and you've got to be there to witness it!

5. The Prices!

As well as being the only club in the country to fully recognise the Football Supporters' Federation Twenty's Plenty campaign, the Sky Blues boast some of the cheapest matchday tickets in the league.

Read more at http://www.ccfc.co.uk/news/article/...s-league-one-2741375.aspx#qGPdKfldYCpESGSM.99

usskyblue

Yeah.. but
1) The pies are too hot
2) There's too many people in queues
3) Burge is shit
4) The bloke behind me smells like boiled onions
5) NOPM

Sky Blue Pete

I think it's excellent! Should be all over the media

Add in Thursday that they are expecting a big walk up and sales are going well

nunchuckas

Only been to 1 home game this season, as I usually go to away games. But picked up 2 tickets and looking forward to this Saturday already!

Wouldn't miss this fixture. Will be coming to the match with my two Blackpool supporting sons.If the worse happens and we lose I'll never hear the end of it.

pipkin73

Give it a rest will you its boring

Sent from my SM-G920F using Tapatalk

What is wrong with what he says???
The advert is aimed at stayaways, what is wrong with that?
I am glad CCFC are doing this, as for to long you would not even know they were playing as zero advertising.

pipkin73

Wouldn't miss this fixture. Will be coming to the match with my two Blackpool supporting sons.If the worse happens and we lose I'll never hear the end of it.

There are a fair few Blacpool fans living out here, for the life of me all i can remember since we started palying them is draws or Blackpool victories. Seems like they always beat us but probably only because they rub it in so much. Anyone know our resent record against them?

If they do have the better record then i guess it's just another hodoo we have to break.
Lets all sing together
PUSB
While we sing together
Charles-Cook will never loose

With that, i think i need my bed.
Sure would give Charles-Cook a confidence boost if he ever needed one.

fernandopartridge

There are a fair few Blacpool fans living out here, for the life of me all i can remember since we started palying them is draws or Blackpool victories. Seems like they always beat us but probably only because they rub it in so much. Anyone know our resent record against them?

If they do have the better record then i guess it's just another hodoo we have to break.
Lets all sing together
PUSB
While we sing together
Charles-Cook will never loose

With that, i think i need my bed.
Sure would give Charles-Cook a confidence boost if he ever needed one.

Our record against them is dire. The season we got relegated from the championship we drew at home (after conceding a late equaliser having just gone ahead) and lost away (after conceding twice in the last two minutes). We got beat 4-0 there once as well when I think Kevin Kyle got sent off

Skyblueweeman

Is it just me or are the club slowly but surely starting to get a lot of things right? Previously it was mentioned, quite rightly, that we weren't doing enough to get fans to the Ricoh but a nice little positive promotional piece.

Well done CCFC. I was going to go as I have an awards dinner in Brum on Saturday night so was going to go before hand but the wife is joining now so won't have enough time to get ready!

Leaving her at home for the Swindon game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

covmark

Is it just me or are the club slowly but surely starting to get a lot of things right? Previously it was mentioned, quite rightly, that we weren't doing enough to get fans to the Ricoh but a nice little positive promotional piece.

Well done CCFC. I was going to go as I have an awards dinner in Brum on Saturday night so was going to go before hand but the wife is joining now so won't have enough time to get ready!

Leaving her at home for the Swindon game!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I agree WM, they seem to be promoting us far more these days. One example yesterday, CCFC created an event on their Facebook page for the Blackpool game. I know it's only a small thing, but it could make a difference. It's the first time I've seen them do this so it seems they're finally pulling their finger out, to get as many bums on seats as possible. Not before time btw.

Covstar

Coming down from Sheffield for this one with 2 of my blades supporting mates who are curious to find out why/how we are doing so good! Hopefully a decent crowd for this one and we go on to smash the seasiders. Don't let me down city!

Evo1883

Well thats it then , bringing sheffield united fans down we are bound to lose 2-0 lol.
Nothing would please me more than to win 5-0 and for them to go home and mark our games off as disasters , for them ofcourse lol

stupot07

I imagine there will still only be 11-12k on Saturday.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

skybluesam66

we will certainly be 12k + . But i expect it will just creep up slowly now
Unless there is an unexpected bandwagon game - ie built up without reason , like the leeds at home under bothroyd

Ian1779

If there's a bigger than usual crowd I'm not going, will be too hard to park.

To be honest the ticket price is still ludicrously high... even though I spent twice as much on a Wasps ticket for the following Saturday*

*awaits italiahorse to come on and defend Wasps pricing stricture

covcity4life

Has stupot had a go on your Mrs or something, because you're always on his case?

hes very negative and im not sure hes happy for cov to do well thats all. only time i seen him happy is when council deducted us 10pts

if he shows me different, ill glady stop

stupot07

you mean you 'hope'

it depends on weather for me, if its bright and sunny we could hit 13-14k

No I don't "hope", that's what I expect it to be.

What you having a go at me for, I've done my bit I've got 4 ST's and will be at the game.

Given some see the price as too high still and we're in league one, and given the crowd was particularly high at the Shrewsbury game despite the Oktoberfest offer, I think that crowds will remain relative static, unless a the away following is big, the Boxing Day gate is always high, or towards the end of the season and we're still flying high.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Last edited:

covcity4life

No I don't "hope", that's what I expect it to be.

What you having a go at me for, I've done my bit I've got 4 ST's and will be at the game.

cant seem to forgive you about the 10pt deduction smugness

i will try though as its a mowbray revolution...peace my brother

Sick Boy

hes very negative and im not sure hes happy for cov to do well thats all. only time i seen him happy is when council deducted us 10pts

if he shows me different, ill glady stop

How old are you? 15? Last time you called him negative it was for criticising shit players like Noble, that you bizarrely idolised.

Let's not forget playing the race card either, which will probably now put down to trolling.

torchomatic

Users who are viewing this thread