5 points off the playoffs, your views?? (1 Viewer)

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
Considering all the doom and gloom robins seems to got us going I'm glad to see us going up the table, your views?

Jcap

If we could keep the current squad together then I'd put money on us finishing in top 2. But, and its a big but, we don't know who will be here by end of Jan so until then I don't think we'll know. What I do know is I trust Robins to find replacements for the likes of Bailey, McGoldrick etc should they not stay. I'd like to think at the very least we would still be pushing for a play off spot.

BrisbaneBronco

If we could keep the current squad together then I'd put money on us finishing in top 2. But, and its a big but, we don't know who will be here by end of Jan so until then I don't think we'll know. What I do know is I trust Robins to find replacements for the likes of Bailey, McGoldrick etc should they not stay. I'd like to think at the very least we would still be pushing for a play off spot.

Agree 100%.
Concerned SISU will not do the right thing
Concerned over consequencies of rent issue ie points deduction/transfer embargo.
For the first time in many years we have a team that we can feel proud of. Just hope SISU don't fcuk it up.

Astute

SISU will not do wrong with the transfers if it is within what they can do. They need us to go up. I put our squad as the best in the division. This is why I have had faith all season.

mrtrench

Considering all the doom and gloom robins seems to got us going I'm glad to see us going up the table, your views?

This is a site for Sky Blues fans. Are you really expecting anyone to be anything other than glad that we are going up the table?

Astute

This is a site for Sky Blues fans. Are you really expecting anyone to be anything other than glad that we are going up the table?

Sadly yes.

You know, the ones that only come on after a defeat telling us all how shite we are. There are a few posters with these views I haven't seen for weeks. Is it because they know they have been so wrong or is it because they can't gloat?

Are you still about NLHWC? :D

hill83

I'm not sure what to do with myself at the moment. I'm waiting for that bubble to burst dramatically, 5 away wins in a row is the stuff of dreams.
If we can sort the poor home form out top 2 is a possibility.
Obviously I'm ecstatic at the moment, but it is an alien feeling. I associate supporting Coventry with doom and gloom.

Whoever we lose I'm confident Robins will find the right replacements, I'm looking for playoffs minimum. :D

Sky Blues

I'm stoked at our current run of results. I want to dream the dream I really do, but I'm too used to Coventry past to let myself get to carried away by Coventry present or dreams of promotion in Coventry future. It is beginning to look like we have truly turned a corner on the pitch, but until I see what the January transfer window brings, and how that shakes out, I'm going to keep my hopes on a short leash.

PUSB!

Astute

This reminds me of 87. The further we go the more we know we have a chance of winning something, but we are CCFC and never win anything so will be let down in the end.

Otis

Unless Sisu are completely and utterly stupid they have to see the opportunity that is there in front of them. Promotion would mean millions. Promotion would mean much larger crowds in the Championship. Promotion would bring money to the club.

The momentum of achieving promotion and positivity and feel good factor of going up could also even result in a promotion push for the Premiership next season too.

We have to keep DMC and Bailey or bring in replacements of equal standing. It is that simple.

As for the City's form? Just worry that although we have a large squad, the quality within it is rather small. Also concerned that we will have another blip. Do that and it could blow everything.

We are only half way through the season, so still a long, long way to go. We need to keep the squad healthy and we need to sustain our form. It's still a big, big ask.

Would have liked to see us strengthen the squad in January rather than just try and bring parity and replace the ones we will lose.

For me Bailey and DMC are our two best players. Losing them could be a big blow unless we do indeed replace like for like. But we should be looking to strengthen too, as all the clubs around the top 6 will surely be trying to do as well.

Like Hill, half of me is still waiting for it all to go tits up. This is Coventry City after all. Isn't it?

covkid69

Sadly yes.

You know, the ones that only come on after a defeat telling us all how shite we are. There are a few posters with these views I haven't seen for weeks. Is it because they know they have been so wrong or is it because they can't gloat?

i'm wondering where Glen is....he is one of the first to start the doom and gloom threads when we lose :D:D

@richh87

Sadly yes.

And Lordsummerisle - where is he? He doesn't want to know right now does he! Only likes to rub it in when we're crap.

torchomatic

Fanbloodytastic.

V happy. I just hope it doesn't turn into 5 points off relegation when and now players are ending loans etc. If ever there was a time to gamble some money on keeping players it's now.

You'll Never Beat McPake

It is a very different situation to what almost all sky blues fans are used to. Unless you are in your 50's or older. I want to believe its real but those memories of failure and snatching defeat from the jaws of victory are always there at the back of your mind. I want success for the younger fans so that they can be proud of their club and their city. Coventry has suffered more than most with the decline of the manufacturing industry and other industries. The people of Coventry deserve the success.

Lord_Nampil

I think you have to look at Robins and what hes done here! in his stint as manager, we have scored in every game, (Including Arsenal Away) We Have gone from loosing 5 on the trot (including Robins first game) To winning 9 in 16! We Score goals for fun, we play some great football and slowly the stay away fans are returning. So you have to say 5 points off the play offs currently, if we carry on playing the way we are We will make that 0 points very quickly! I think once we are in the top 6 it will be very hard to budge us! We have a tough trip to MK coming up, and as it stands all i can see is that 5 point gap becoming a 2 point gap, even without Bailey and DmC!

Forget off the pitch matters for a moment and think of just on the field matters, Have we ever had such a great feeling about the place??? I can't remember it being this good for a sustained period of time i really cant! If we keep this up im sure our records set in the 66/67 season will be broken. On the pitch the future is very very bright!

Otis

I can only reiterate, what happens in January will be key to our fortunes.

We need 3 things to happen.

1. Retain DMC, Bailey and Adams. If we can't do this, replace them with like for like.

2. Strengthen the squad. Bring in a further 2 quality players to bolster our chances. 2 more of the quality of Bailey and McGoldrick would do us very nicely.

3. Get rid of the deadwood. Obviously 2 and 3 are intrinsically linked. We need to get rid of the deadwood to free up wages so 2 can take place.

BackRoomRummermill

Lets not forget many have a game in hand on us and some even two games.

What i do know is I trust MR now, we could end up auto promotion if we keep this going no doubt there is no team in league that want to play the early season whipping boys now (yes us)

If DMG goes I feel that MR has a back up plan and we will go up anyway.

lordsummerisle

And Lordsummerisle - where is he? He doesn't want to know right now does he! Only likes to rub it in when we're crap.

I'm here all the time, you blind bastard!

I'm really chuffed, then again I wasn't happy at supporting a previously shite manager, unlike others.

covcity4life

Sadly yes.

Haha forgot about nlhwc!! He didn't know jack shit about footy the miserable sod

Grendel

Haha forgot about nlhwc!! He didn't know jack shit about footy the miserable sod

Probably still on here but had to change his name - only applied while thorn was in charge.

Otis

He's on here still. He's changed his name from NLHWC to PTTCHWG.

*Promotion To The Championship, Here We Go.

He's still going to dismiss players after playing just one game for us though.

torchomatic

Agree. He knows his stuff. He got knocked off his bike before Xmas and has some broken ribs. Get better soon, mate.

Personally I found him a good member of the forum.

Alright Toby Merry Christmas.

jon92

Statement Tomorrow.
According to the BBC, a statement regarding Coventry City's future at the Ricoh Arena will be announced tomorrow.
The twenty one deadline set by Arena Coventry Limited in which City and their owners SISU must either pay the £1.1m owed rent or sort out a deal in order to avoid being wound up, passed by yesterday.
The only thing City have said on the subject in the last few days was a Christmas Statement from SISU boss Joy Seppala and a statement saying how little Doncaster Rovers pay for their 10,000 capacity Keepmoat Stadium, whilst ACL have that there has been no agreement and talks have stalled yet again.

Users who are viewing this thread