4 years time (1 Viewer)

lifeskyblue

Just said on the Leicester champions league programme that 4 years ago this week Leicester lost to milwall in league one
Not for a minute suggesting we will emulate that but it does show fortunes can change very quickly. So should we dream the impossible or should we lay down and accept we are also rans?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nathccfc

One difference is that, their owners were throwing a hell of a lot of money at the club, in league one and also the championship. Surely wouldn't get away with that now with FFP

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

steveo1987

One difference is that, their owners were throwing a hell of a lot of money at the club, in league one and also the championship. Surely wouldn't get away with that now with FFP

Reading a few stories recently about some very clever accountancy involving a certain ex FA big wig and some alleged phantom companies makes this irrelevant

Captain Dart

Then along came.. a little help
upload_2016-9-14_20-13-14.png

clint van damme

Just said on the Leicester champions league programme that 4 years ago this week Leicester lost to milwall in league one
Not for a minute suggesting we will emulate that but it does show fortunes can change very quickly. So should we dream the impossible or should we lay down and accept we are also rans?

we were saying the same thing in the car on the way to work this morning but to be honest I think there's more chance of us been extinct in 4 years than back in the prem never mind winning it.

JulianDarbyFTW

If there was no hope then we may as well pack it all in now. But football is full of underdog stories. It's why we love it so much. As unlikely as it is, why shouldn't we dream big?

skyblue1991

Bollocks, Leicester were promoted from League 1 in 2009, that was seven years ago.

Kingokings204

4 years time we will be in league 2 by then. In my opinion. we are still failing and it's lasted 15 years now. Another few years left yet of misery

dongonzalos

Or owners who had the balls to go for it abd understand that unfortunately footy doesn't play by the sabe rules as any other business

Broken Hearted Sky Blue

4 years time we will be in league 2 by then. In my opinion. we are still failing and it's lasted 15 years now. Another few years left yet of misery
And that misery is being shared by less and less. But never mind not one of the parties give a toss anyway our owners only want to win in court,our council gratefully got rid of us, our landlords think that once were gone they will be the number one sporting club in the city. All of them want the inconvenience of the club gone.
Ultimately the catalyst for this was SISU and their antagonistic business practices. However I didn't in my wildest dreams think that a Labour a Labour council would preside over the destruction of a club supported by an overwhelmingly working class city in numbers over the years.

stupot07

Well that's wrong, 4 years ago (September 2012) they were in thr championship and finished 6th that season. In fact their last season in league one was 2008/09.

But the turning point was a rich owner who spent something like £125m in 3 1/2 years.

As for us, we'll probably still be in league one in 4 years time.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Moff

And that misery is being shared by less and less. But never mind not one of the parties give a toss anyway our owners only want to win in court,our council gratefully got rid of us, our landlords think that once were gone they will be the number one sporting club in the city. All of them want the inconvenience of the club gone.
Ultimately the catalyst for this was SISU and their antagonistic business practices. However I didn't in my wildest dreams think that a Labour a Labour council would preside over the destruction of a club supported by an overwhelmingly working class city in numbers over the years.

Couldn't agree more. A very depressing but spot on assessment.

Grendel

Or owners who had the balls to go for it abd understand that unfortunately footy doesn't play by the sabe rules as any other business

No they had an owner who couldn't care less the money they were losing - well over £100 million

Nick

Administrator
Yeah Dong. Don't question the owners. You know it upsets Nick. You bully.

It was more of me asking what he was trying to get at in the other thread ;) As there is a pattern when he does it, the same as when Grendel does things like that.

skybluetony176

It was more of me asking what he was trying to get at in the other thread ;) As there is a pattern when he does it, the same as when Grendel does things like that.

Grendull does things like that? Strange you never pull him up on it. Must be who he's asking the leading questions of that's the difference ;)

ccfcway

should we dream the impossible or should we lay down and accept we are also rans?

depends what you define as also rans.

We could well be league 2, but if that's what it takes to get our house in order financially and be self sufficient and build a base for the future, it has to be better than sh1t or bust

Rodders1

4 years? More like 8.

Users who are viewing this thread