4 points behind 2nd (1 Viewer)

Sky Blue Harry H

Good that only Luton look nailed on - frees up another automatic place to scrap for

higgs

County had two players sent off aswell one was their keeper hope the wheels are starting to fall off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

D

Deleted member 4232

County had two players sent off aswell one was their keeper hope the wheels are starting to fall off

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk
Banned players will have an impact in their next couple of games. Here's to another loss or two

Londonccfcfan

After 29 games last year. Plymouth were 2nd with 59/60 points.

Top two teams were averaging 2ppg after 29/30 games. Top 10 seems a lot tighter.

This probably indicates to me that the Automatic points target will probably be lower than the 84-90 plus points.?

clint van damme

After 29 games last year. Plymouth were 2nd with 59/60 points.

Top two teams were averaging 2ppg after 29/30 games. Top 10 seems a lot tighter.

This probably indicates to me that the Automatic points target will probably be lower than the 84-90 plus points.?

thought for a while that it won't be as high as last year but at least one of the top 10 teams other than Luton has to start showing a bit more consistency surely?

Esoterica

Notts County have only taken 9 points from their last 8 games and have been sucked right back into the pack. I can even seen Luton getting dragged back a bit - they've just lost consecutive away games and have tough home matches against Wycombe and Exeter coming up. Their home form is still excellent but any little wobble there and they'll be looking over their shoulder. Accrington have won 4 on the bounce and Wycombe 3. That Wycombe are goal difference off the autos is incredible - they've won 1 game in 11 against the top 10 teams.
Any kind of unbeaten run over 6 or 7 games now is going to put teams in a very strong position. The key for us is to turn the narrow defeats into draws, especially away from home - we've lost more games than anyone else in the top 7 and 6 of our 9 defeats have been 0-1, only scoring 1 in our last 4 away games.

Nick

Administrator
Accrington's 2 games in hand over Notts County mean then can start to catch up.

It is painful to sit and look at all of the silly goalkeeper mistakes and the points lost and where we would be now.

Liquid Gold

Notts County have only taken 9 points from their last 8 games and have been sucked right back into the pack. I can even seen Luton getting dragged back a bit - they've just lost consecutive away games and have tough home matches against Wycombe and Exeter coming up. Their home form is still excellent but any little wobble there and they'll be looking over their shoulder. Accrington have won 4 on the bounce and Wycombe 3. That Wycombe are goal difference off the autos is incredible - they've won 1 game in 11 against the top 10 teams.
Any kind of unbeaten run over 6 or 7 games now is going to put teams in a very strong position. The key for us is to turn the narrow defeats into draws, especially away from home - we've lost more games than anyone else in the top 7 and 6 of our 9 defeats have been 0-1, only scoring 1 in our last 4 away games.
To be honest I'm happy for Luton to have the title and rather they take points off Wycombe and Exeter than condense the pack even more.

Gosb

As per my recent posting, 2 points per game from now on yields 83 points and this season that should be enough for automatic promotion. Continuing our current beat rate yields 77 points and that's almost certainly a play-off spot. So just need to up our game a little. PUSB.

Esoterica

As per my recent posting, 2 points per game from now on yields 83 points and this season that should be enough for automatic promotion. Continuing our current beat rate yields 77 points and that's almost certainly a play-off spot. So just need to up our game a little. PUSB.
We're already there on home form but have some catching up to do away:
Points Per Game at Home: 2.07
Points Per Game Away: 1.29
Overall for the season that puts us at Points Per Game (all matches): 1.68. Although that is on the rise - Points Per Game (last 8 matches) 1.88.
For me the introduction of a ball carrying central midfielder has been key and in the 7 league games Bayliss has played we have taken 15 points from 21 at 2.14 Points Per Game.

In context of form required, Luton have scored at 2.04 Points Per Game (all matches) this season.

Last edited:

better days

Hopefully this won't come back to haunt me but I fancy us to go on a good run now
JMD and Barrett coming in maybe makes up at least partially for the loss of Andreu and JJ and if Biamou gains confidence from opening his account we should start to score more goals than we did in the first half of the season

Mucca Mad Boys

League 2 is always tight league, and fortunately for us, the league tends to reward teams with the best defence over 46 games.

I think we need a good run now, beating Swindon at home was a massive result. We need to now build a 4-6 game win streak now.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Accrington is actually a really big game. We need to beat them, and that's why it's also hats off to the club for this one. Putting the tickets so cheap should generate a good crowd.

We have to be looking at both 2nd and 3rd place spots. We can do it, but we need another striker in.

Esoterica

Accrington is actually a really big game. We need to beat them, and that's why it's also hats off to the club for this one. Putting the tickets so cheap should generate a good crowd.

We have to be looking at both 2nd and 3rd place spots. We can do it, but we need another striker in.
Strangely, I'm more concerned about FGR, especially if they hang on to Doidge - our away form is average at best, they've signed loads of new players and had an immediate upturn in results. Think it has the potential to be a real banana skin.

Johhny Blue

Accrington's 2 games in hand over Notts County mean then can start to catch up.

It is painful to sit and look at all of the silly goalkeeper mistakes and the points lost and where we would be now.
Keep in mind it's only due to a silly Goalkeeper mistake that we are 4 points back of Notts County

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
for me we need a 3 game win streak keep us in and around 3rd and 4th as we are too inconsistent it cover if we slip up otherwise well just drift away from 2nd.

Hobo

Game at a time. Long way to go.

ccfcchris

Luton are no way a done thing. Won three but lost two in their last 5 games. The two games they lost were to low placed teams. Plenty of time for things to go wrong for them.

Sky Blue Harry H

Luton are no way a done thing. Won three but lost two in their last 5 games. The two games they lost were to low placed teams. Plenty of time for things to go wrong for them.

Don't see this - look at their goal difference (tells you a lot) and look at the teams chasing (all of whom take points off each other) plus dropping them to lower clubs (like last night). Would likely help us if they beat most around them, as they will be taking points off our contenders (happy for them to get tonked at The Ricoh, of course !)

Amcoventry

K
Keep in mind it's only due to a silly Goalkeeper mistake that we are 4 points back of Notts County
Keep in mind the number of opportunities when we have had reasonably easy chances to score and missed them.

ccfcchris

Don't see this - look at their goal difference (tells you a lot) and look at the teams chasing (all of whom take points off each other) plus dropping them to lower clubs (like last night). Would likely help us if they beat most around them, as they will be taking points off our contenders (happy for them to get tonked at The Ricoh, of course !)
I take your point about goal difference as it's a very good indicator as to how well a team is performing. Maybe it's blind hope,but it's not good to concede 4 goals to Port Vale and also lose to Chesterfield.
All I'm suggesting is it's very easy to hit a run of bad form. Will they? We don't know but can hope.

skyblue025

We are 4 points behind due to 4 goal keeping clangers and at least 15 sitters missed. It's going to happen we are Div 4 with Div 4 players.
To just blame it on the 2 keepers is ridiculous.

Esoterica

We are 4 points behind due to 4 goal keeping clangers and at least 15 sitters missed. It's going to happen we are Div 4 with Div 4 players.
To just blame it on the 2 keepers is ridiculous.
The goalkeeping errors made a much bigger impact on games than any of the chances we missed. They were all at 0-0 and 3 out of 4 were inside the first 30 minutes of games. Newport, Yeovil and FGR all parked the bus afterwards, with us going on to lose each game. By their nature a goalkeeping mistake changes the game, it's primary impact is on the scoreline and secondary impact on the players, whereas with a missed opportunity the landscape stays the same and the impact is on the players only. People will always look at the goalkeeping errors - the impact was quantifiable whereas a missed chance is speculation, a 'what if'.

Johhny Blue

The goalkeeping errors made a much bigger impact on games than any of the chances we missed. They were all at 0-0 and 3 out of 4 were inside the first 30 minutes of games. Newport, Yeovil and FGR all parked the bus afterwards, with us going on to lose each game. By their nature a goalkeeping mistake changes the game, it's primary impact is on the scoreline and secondary impact on the players, whereas with a missed opportunity the landscape stays the same and the impact is on the players only. People will always look at the goalkeeping errors - the impact was quantifiable whereas a missed chance is speculation, a 'what if'.

luwalla

missed chances have as much an impact, if not more , than goals conceded
Concede one mistake for a goal ( be it defence or goalkeeper error ) , but miss half a dozen chances to score up front and you could have won the game , which is more to blame ?[/QUOTE]

Users who are viewing this thread