3 4 3 (1 Viewer)

SBAndy

Maybe not the most secure and cohesive we've looked this season, but I actually found it quite fun to watch. Could have done with Haynes at LWB rather than Ricketts though. And the WBs were too high up the pitch, which left no room for them to run into.

cmoncity

I just thought we lacked movement in general and fleck and cole were so deep in the 1st half they couldnt influence anything.

steve82

The 352 worked very well to nullify them getting forward and putting crosses in our box. I had hoped TM had a plan when I seen Maddison was playing as he left Phillips very exposed Saturday.
Top marks TM!

SBAndy

The wing backs were very high, it neutralized theirs. It worked well

Not quite as I saw it. It meant they could never receive a pass in front of them as they were too close to the opposition full backs, and left a lot of space for their wide players - I'm thinking Kyel Reid in particular there. But hey ho, we won, so it obviously wasn't as terrible as I thought.

cmoncity

I really think if we had played a team on there game we would have got hammered tonight. But a wins a win so we will take it.just hope we can score a few goals before end of season

stupot07

I thought the system (352)was poor and didn't work with the players we had playing, Armstrong was far too isolated, lamieres and maddison play too deep and done make runs in behind, that meant it was often 361, ricketts has no left foot and because of Reid's pace Phillips really didn't get much further forward than the halfway line. We were forced to have a lot of ball in our own half, Armstrong came deeper and deeper at times

It wasn't until the introduction if rose, a player who will look to make runs in behind armstong, that we scored from such a run, then gave their defense something different to think about.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Last edited:

torchomatic

Maybe not the most secure and cohesive we've looked this season, but I actually found it quite fun to watch. Could have done with Haynes at LWB rather than Ricketts though. And the WBs were too high up the pitch, which left no room for them to run into.
I thought it was 3 5 2.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

SBAndy

I thought it was 3 5 2.

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

The way I saw it was 3 at the back (Vincelot, Martin, Stephens), 4 in 'midfield' (Phillips, Cole, Fleck, Ricketts) and 3 up top (Maddison and Lameiras slightly withdrawn from Armstrong).

Users who are viewing this thread