2013 A Fresh Start? (1 Viewer)

samccov1987

So with things on the pitch looking good what do we all think 2013 will bring? My thoughts below:
-Sisu buy 50% share of acl from Higgs charity so rent issue resolved.
-Win the JPT trophy
-Make the play offs but lose over two legs due to dodgy penalty decision
-Robbins has us top of the league 6 points clear by the end of the year ready for promotion in 2014.

Would love us to go up this year but think the poor start may still cost us as we have to go through the lottery of play offs. Would still have a Wembley win and rent resolution as a good year and with the way things are going at the moment wouldn't mind another season being the big club in league 1.

Sky Blues

This is why I fervently hope we manage to sneak into the automatic promotion places. The play-offs are such a lottery. But I have noticed the teams which make a late charge into the play-offs often do well - so let's hope we count as the late charge and someone else doesn't turn it on soon like Bournemouth and us have.

sky_blue_up_north

Think the JPT is nailed on, we could get automatic promotion but its hard ask still 9 points from the leaders,so they need to lose games as well. However I have always fancied promotion from a play off final, its the ultimate way to go up.

Ashdown1

Lets really dream.
City to win the league and be promoted as Champions
55,000 Sky Blues witness a JPT Final victory in the spring sunshine.
Wealthy consortium of Asian investors see the single club City as great potential and plough in £200 million to secure ownership of club, assets, stadium, land in CV6, training ground, and new players.
Villa relegated to Championship
Leicester finally liquidated as Thai's pull out leaving huge debts.

Mucca Mad Boys

This is why I fervently hope we manage to sneak into the automatic promotion places. The play-offs are such a lottery. But I have noticed the teams which make a late charge into the play-offs often do well - so let's hope we count as the late charge and someone else doesn't turn it on soon like Bournemouth and us have.

Us and Bournemouth can go on and get top 2, Sheff U lack a striker (we could have 2!), Tranmere aren't going to make it, Donny will be playoffs, MK will get their steady play off place, Swindon and Notts County have a good chance to get playoffs. IMO.

Probably look like:
1. CCFC
2. Bournemouth
3. Sheff U
4. Donny
5. MK
6. Swindon or Notts County (we could have our say here ;) )

If we keep McG I'm 75% sure we'll top the table. Hopefully Clarke does well if McG leaves.

Sky

Lets really dream.
City to win the league and be promoted as Champions
55,000 Sky Blues witness a JPT Final victory in the spring sunshine.
Wealthy consortium of Asian investors see the single club City as great potential and plough in £200 million to secure ownership of club, assets, stadium, land in CV6, training ground, and new players.
Villa relegated to Championship
Leicester finally liquidated as Thai's pull out leaving huge debts.

i know theyre all stupid but 55,000 for a jpt final..?

kg82

I think Brentford will be up there.

Sbun, this is true but who would've thought sheff utd would lose to hartlepool?!

Sky Blues

Us and Bournemouth can go on and get top 2, Sheff U lack a striker (we could have 2!), Tranmere aren't going to make it, Donny will be playoffs, MK will get their steady play off place, Swindon and Notts County have a good chance to get playoffs. IMO.

Probably look like:
1. CCFC
2. Bournemouth
3. Sheff U
4. Donny
5. MK

If we keep McG I'm 75% sure we'll top the table. Hopefully Clarke does well if McG leaves.

Everyone seems to keep writing off Tranmere, but they're top of the table with 25 games played and have the second highest goal difference. I wouldn't be so hasty. They could well be still in the top 6 at the end of the season.

Covstu

sadly I don't think we will top the league but second is a possibility, however I think it is between us, b'mouth and sheff utd for the top two. I would love a trip to Wembley so hopefully we will get a decent crowd for preston. Don't really care about the FA cup but just don't want to be embarrassed.

Ashdown1

In all fairness we should take the Robins approach...........Stay organised, don't make too many changes, play well, have the heart to come back from a goal down and take each challenge as it comes. Shrewsbury up next......we owe them f@ckers !!

Stevec189

So with things on the pitch looking good what do we all think 2013 will bring? My thoughts below:
-Win the JPT trophy
-Robbins has us top of the league 6 points clear by the end of the year ready for promotion in 2014.

Would love us to go up this year but think the poor start may still cost us as we have to go through the lottery of play offs. Would still have a Wembley win and rent resolution as a good year and with the way things are going at the moment wouldn't mind another season being the big club in league 1.

1) They want all the stadium not just 50%.
2) agree we could win the Paint Pot
3) think we might sneak an automatic place as long as off field
Matters don't effect ability to do the business on the field
4) Robins has us top 6 in Championship!

Possibly too much wine drunk this holiday!

PUSB!

Mucca Mad Boys

Everyone seems to keep writing off Tranmere, but they're top of the table with 25 games played and have the second highest goal difference. I wouldn't be so hasty. They could well be still in the top 6 at the end of the season.

They could be, but their form is slowing dramatically, I think they'll come 7-8th, their manager is surprised at where they are so I don't think he'll be harsh if they start sliding done the table.

dongonzalos

Having watched them live this season I can see why they are getting written off

SkyBlue_Bear83

Probably look like:
1. CCFC
2. Bournemouth
3. Sheff U
4. Donny
5. MK

Brentford and Tranmere are going to be tough to displace, not worried about Notts County or Stevanage.

dongonzalos

I agree, give SISU success driven incentives to get that share of the stadium.
Community projects. Financial stability. Success on the pitch. Leads to discounted ownership of the stadium bit by bit.
Over the long term. This should be ok, SISU are in it for the long term.

Last edited:

SkyBluesAndy

Facebook User
As much as I would love us to get into the automatics, I personally think it's way too early to claim we are going to win the league. True we are on good form as it stands but it's a long old season. If we get a stint of sitting pretty in the play off positions then I think we can start talking about making it into the top 2. Our home record is letting us down at the moment with our fantastic away record carrying us up the league. We've only won 3 out of 12 league games at home. I suppose it is possible if you look at Reading last season, I'm pretty sure they were at the bottom end of the Championship for a while at the start of the season and went on a crazy late surge which eventually saw them win the league? Either way I'm not looking any further than getting into the top 6 as it stands!

Sky Blues

-Win the JPT trophy

Utopian ending:
We get automatic promotion this season.
Win JPT and FA Cup following a miracle run (and Bale getting sent off for diving twice!)
Sisu reach an amicable rent deal with ACL in January (or strike a surprise deal to buy the Ricoh and reunite the club and ground under one ownership structure - CCFC - after Joy gets the football bug from seeing Cov climb the league/win cups and sanctions Robins to pursue an all out assault on the Premiership with the aim of making a return that way).

Dystopian ending:
CCFC forced into administration over the rent dispute, bringing a 10-point deduction, destroyed team moral and causing a slide back into relegation form, resulting in us dropping down to League 2 on the last day of the season.
Unable to return bounce back to the Championship, SISU decide to stop chasing losses and wind the club up.
ACL tries to carry on but ultimately fails and a few years later the stadium is left in the hands of Yorkshire Bank.

torchomatic

Gary Hoffman finally takes over the club with money from his Chinese Investors. They insist we play in red and nickname is changed to the Red Sky At Nights. The Ricoh is bought by the new consortium and the ground is renamed the Amazon Arena. The rent is trebled.

torchomatic

BrisbaneBronco

In 2013 SISU will buy 100% of stadium and rent issues and lack of income streams will be a thing of the past. SISU can afford it and price will be less than it cost to build due to slump in property market.
Also if as expected, we gain promotion to the Championship, without ownership of the ground we will be expected to pay more rent than we are currently refusing to pay in League 1.:claping hands:

Users who are viewing this thread