18th most successful Prem team (1 Viewer)

Grendel

Who was the chairman then?

stupot07

It is quite depressing, especially when you consider 20th Wimbledon don't exist anymore, and 19th Sheff Wednesday have also struggled.

Grendel

It is quite depressing, especially when you consider 20th Wimbledon don't exist anymore, and 19th Sheff Wednesday have also struggled.

Do you think this has something to do with timing? When we and these clubs went down the parachute payments were worse and the ITV Digital collapse made the gap even wider. Was the payment £4million a year for 2 years? It's £11million for 4 years now isn't it?

stupot07

Do you think this has something to do with timing? When we and these clubs went down the parachute payments were worse and the ITV Digital collapse made the gap even wider. Was the payment £4million a year for 2 years? It's £11million for 4 years now isn't it?

Definitely, had we benefited from the level of parachute payments they have now, with some sensible planning and spending, we may have been able to reduce that debt considerably and had a competitive squad. We could point to portsmouth to contradict that theory, but as stupid as we were i dont think we'd have been paying players £60-80k p/w like pompy were reportedly doing.

I completely agree with the FFP rules, but I do think it will make it harder for chanpionship teams to compete against relegated premier league teams in the long run.

Users who are viewing this thread