18 Points (1 Viewer)

rob9872

Hope you're right but no realistic chance. Would snap your hands off for 13 more with our GD to 76 and see where it takes us.

Otis

Squad's not big enough and exhaustion and fatigue is going to be the most likely factor in our not quite making it.

Could do with another week off, but we have to go again on Tuesday.

No way we are going to win all 6 games I wouldn't have thought.

Martin180

I think Southampton are beatable , they have nothing to play for as they as safely in the playoffs so can see them resting players . Their recent form hasn't been great either

Martin180

Can't see 18 but Robins orchestrated a play off berth last season so knows how to get it over the line. Don't think that we're in pole position but sure that we'll give it a bloody good go.
Whatever happens it has been a brilliant season and the brand of football has made for some fantastic displays this season .
If we don't quite make it there is so much to look forward to for next season

Brighton Sky Blue

Mrs BSB said she’d be pretty frustrated if we ended up 7th, and would rather finish further away if we can’t make it. I explained that 7th would be our second best league finish in 23 years…some perspective is needed.

Yes go full pelt to try and make it in this year but next season is the time for this group to shine. Would be nice if we can get to the Ipswich game with something still to play for anyway, don’t really fancy just turning up to their promotion party.

itsabuzzard

Squad's not big enough and exhaustion and fatigue is going to be the most likely factor in our not quite making it.

Could do with another week off, but we have to go again on Tuesday.

No way we are going to win all 6 games I wouldn't have thought.
Crafty covering of all bases in that last sentence! It's the mark of a true supporter that in the wake of a barnstorming performance the seed is sown where they never lose another game, ever. Keep up the good work.

Otis

Crafty covering of all bases in that last sentence! It's the mark of a true supporter that in the wake of a barnstorming performance the seed is sown where they never lose another game, ever. Keep up the good work.
Yeah, needed the egg-face-saving little caveat in there. 🤪

Last edited:

Otis

We can afford to lose one more game I’d say but we need to win at least 4 if we want play-offs.
Yeah. I would say that's about right. Just then need Norwich to drop a few points here and there. They don't even need to necessarily lose. Just some draws, while we pick up wins.

Still a tough ask though.

skyblue025

If we win the game in hand the Baggies will only be 3 points ahead. Gives us 2 bites of the cherry then so too speak. If we can get to 75/76 points it will be unbelievable considering how poor we were for the first 15 games.

clint van damme

Mrs BSB said she’d be pretty frustrated if we ended up 7th, and would rather finish further away if we can’t make it. I explained that 7th would be our second best league finish in 23 years…some perspective is needed.

Yes go full pelt to try and make it in this year but next season is the time for this group to shine. Would be nice if we can get to the Ipswich game with something still to play for anyway, don’t really fancy just turning up to their promotion party.

I've got real concerns with this narrative about next season being the season we'll shine.

It's great that we shouldn't have the same churn of players we've had in the last few years and that should help us get off to a much improved start compared to this season and last.

But every season throws up new problems, new challenges and surprise contenders among our rivals.

A lot of people are talking as if next seasons a given, I'm not so sure.

BodicoteSkyBlue

I know a good win helps with the feel good factor. I reckon we’re going to just sneak into the playoffs on goal difference 🩵

Hertsccfc

I've got real concerns with this narrative about next season being the season we'll shine.

It's great that we shouldn't have the same churn of players we've had in the last few years and that should help us get off to a much improved start compared to this season and last.

But every season throws up new problems, new challenges and surprise contenders among our rivals.

Absolutely. It might happen but no guarantees at all.

If we don't go up we will lose O'Hare and maybe a number of others, especially if they shine at Wembley. I still feel we could regret not being more pragmatic in January and adding a couple of loans to the squad. This is a big opportunity which we might not get again.

SAJ

Absolutely. It might happen but no guarantees at all.

If we don't go up we will lose O'Hare and maybe a number of others, especially if they shine at Wembley. I still feel we could regret not being more pragmatic in January and adding a couple of loans to the squad. This is a big opportunity which we might not get again.
Whilst I understand those comments and views could we realistically expected more? I’m sure they tried to bring some I but for whatever reason it didn’t happen. Plus if you look since the turn of the year we’ve taken 29 out of 45 points so would they really have made a difference? In that period only Leeds, Ipswich and Norwich have taken more.

Martin180

Whilst I understand those comments and views could we realistically expected more? I’m sure they tried to bring some I but for whatever reason it didn’t happen. Plus if you look since the turn of the year we’ve taken 29 out of 45 points so would they really have made a difference? In that period only Leeds, Ipswich and Norwich have taken more.
The January window is always a minefield , it’s a horrible time to be buying players as the parent clubs are usually fighting at one end of the table or the other

itsabuzzard

It's a bit of a strange narrative given that this season we're an outside bet just to reach the play-offs. I don't buy the idea that the clubs coming down from the PL will be weaker than in previous years. Burnley and Sheff Utd were well ahead of us last season.

steve cooper

We can afford to lose one more game I’d say but we need to win at least 4 if we want play-offs.
Yes, I think we are going to need 77 points, and even that won't guarantee a place. I can see Norwich only picking up possibly 1 point from their next 2 games, but I can't see them picking up less than 10 altogether, with home games against Bristol and Swansea, plus away to Bham, but you never know.
West Brom, nailed on 3 points from their next game I think, but with games against Sunderland, Leicester, Preston, and even Sheff W, there is potential for them to drop points. They should take 5 or 6 points from those games though.

steve cooper

It's a bit of a strange narrative given that this season we're an outside bet just to reach the play-offs. I don't buy the idea that the clubs coming down from the PL will be weaker than in previous years. Burnley and Sheff Utd were well ahead of us last season.
And at least one of the "strong 4" this season will still be in the Championship next year

Users who are viewing this thread