17 points in 11 games since the sacking (1 Viewer)

SkyBlue_Bear83

Not exactly automatic promotion form but comes out to 71 points over a season which would mean we would be around top 8 and pushing for the play offs (coincidentally exactly what a lot of people were saying we should be doing with this squad)

Don't meant to go over old stuff but looks like we sacked him just in time, another 3/4 games and it would have been too late. I'm convinced we'd have been at least 5-7 points worse off had we stuck with him and staring relegation in the face.

ptr

Pressley should've gone long ago, if Mowbray came in before jan and got some decent singings in then you never know

Otis

Not exactly automatic promotion form but comes out to 71 points over a season which would mean we would be around top 8 and pushing for the play offs (coincidentally exactly what a lot of people were saying we should be doing with this squad)

Don't meant to go over old stuff but looks like we sacked him just in time, another 3/4 games and it would have been too late. I'm convinced we'd have been at least 5-7 points worse off had we stuck with him and staring relegation in the face.

Most definitely. At least 5-7. There is a definite change in our approach to games and now we seem to be trying to win rather than not lose.

Kingokings204

Most definitely. At least 5-7. There is a definite change in our approach to games and now we seem to be trying to win rather than not lose.

Spot on. SP was awful and will be lucky to find another job in league 1 or higher ever.

Tonylinc

That is exactly the point. I have a very good friend who is a ST holder at Hearts who told me at the time of SP's appointment that he would set the team up not to lose rather than to win and everything which he did bears that out.

Evo1883

I think pressley won 4 in his last 24 in charge ..but hey whose judging lol

pusbccfc

I still find it hard to criticise Pressley as much as others. He'll be remembered by me for his work last season when we were playing the most exciting football this club has seen.

I still feel he would have (just) kept us up.

Tonylinc

I still find it hard to criticise Pressley as much as others. He'll be remembered by me for his work last season when we were playing the most exciting football this club has seen.

No he wouldn't. We were heading towards relegation and if he had still been in situ that is exactly which would have happened.

Astute

And I feel that last season if we would have had a decent manager who could have organised the defence to go with the half decent midfield and best strike force in our division we would have made the playoffs at least. You saw how good he was last season once he lost the strikers that saved him.

Johnnythespider

I will remember him for his brown shoes and being fortunate enough to have Callum Wilson and Leon Clarke both firing for the first half of the season. After that it was all downhill and luckily Mowbray has levelled our slide out. We would most certainly have dropped into league 2. Talked the talk, couldn't walk the walk.

I am a preacher when I got it on me, and I got it on me,
but holy cow these fuckers are ignoring me, I'm from another century

hill83

Good manager with a squad assembled by a bunch of utter cunts. I'll take those points.

Philosorapter

This is my favourite stat from this whole sorry mess. They say a picture is worth a thousand words.

attachment.php

Attachments

• Capture.PNG
    Capture.PNG
    13.7 KB · Views: 110

Covstar

4 wins in 24 for Pressley yet Mowbray has 4 wins in 10 this season and even the games we've lost have been by just an odd goal apart from the Doncaster Game. Under Mowbray , we have been much more positive but he can only work with the god awful players Pressley has bought in to this club. Mowbray came in and bought in Ward on loan which I believe has made our team better and more stable. If he was given a whole transfer window to work with, I'm pretty sure we would be sitting comfortably in mid table right now or even top half.

Last edited:

olderskyblue

Ward has given us a good chance to stay up. Mowbray spotted the main problem that we had seen all season, and fixed it..

rupert_bear

Football ! the game of opinions but all I can say regarding this opinion is what have you been watching to say we played our most exciting football ever under Pressley, a bazzar statement. I would say the exact opposite and I witnessed some of the worse football I ever saw us play. Steven Pressley should have been fired after the Worcester cup-tie imo.Instead he stayed and was allowed to draft in different players a number of who are simply not good enough.

Skybluenutterman

Port Vale was TM's first game in charge so his stats are even better. 4 wins from 9 which is 44% win ration and those 4 wins coming in the last 7.

Users who are viewing this thread