1400 Members (1 Viewer)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

WOWAWEEWA Gone are the days of sitting here for two days waiting for some interaction, just hope it stays this way and the new members don't flood back to GMK if it ever comes online again!

sky_blue_up_north

There will soon be more on here than fans that go to the Ricoh :whistle:

ccfcway

consistancy.....

We've been moaning about it on the pitch for years, so why would anyone go back to GMK when this site is consistant.

Coventry La La La

I'm very happy, remember if you have any ideas to improve the site contact Nick with your ideas.

This must be the biggest & the best Coventry city fans forum around now! :)

Cobi Jones's Dreads

I'm very happy, remember if you have any ideas to improve the site contact Nick with your ideas.

This must be the biggest & the best Coventry city fans forum around now! :)

La_La_La. One little thing that was raised earlier is that we would like to be able to edit 'Title' names after posting the thread. :pimp:

egastap

Sorry, my last post should have said 'really dumb', which I now feel. I can't stand incorrect English spelling, grammar or punctuation. I feel I've let the people down who paid for my education!

egastap

Sorry Coventry La La La, that wasn't a snide comment. I've seen many comments about this GMK, but have no idea what it is. Just asking for some clarification. Didn't mean to offend!

smileycov

Facebook User
it stands for"gary mabbutts knee" (please dont ask the importance of that!!) is a fanzine and is now a forum on line!! not as good as this though :whistle:

rob9872

~Roger Van Goooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool :D

sw88

Chief Commentator!
I must admit I only started to use it whilst CET forum was down (and still is) but there is a lot more sensible chat on here than on there! CET just became as much of a play ground as Ryton must be these days! I was registered before that, but as there was very little activity, rarely used it! Good to see a decent forum being used properly though where fans can have decent conversations and banter that doesnt get out of hand or personal!

rob9872

CET was fine apart from a couple of users I thought. Multiple accounts to re-post the same drivel when a permant ban of ip addresses was required

Nick

Administrator
I liked the CET site and like Smithers, top fella for an Everton fan :)

Thanks for all signing up!

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
well this has been my 2nd home for a good while now, ive learnt shit loads about ccfc and made good friends espically with the boss nick we have some banter,when i call over nick for my first game im wrecking the palce ha.

AngryAnt

Not really sure what went down on GMK as i wasn't there often, but i do know that most of us are pretty fed up at the "cannot display page" you got when trying to visit (especially on match days).
Even if it does come back up most will probably use both there and here so i wouldn't worry about users disappearing.. This place is maintained pretty well :) (kudo's to Nick).

skyblue_islander

The trolling, it will be a constant, and an annoyance, and a necessity for a CCFC forum to exist. One of the reasons GMK worked and was so popular was the contribution of trolls...

If you build it, they will come...

skyblue_islander

You need the twats, as well as the regulars, they keep it ticking over when the chat subjects run dry. Happy medium was GMKs secret formula, if you steer away from that the posters will leave, SBT will be tumbleweed town again.

You've got our attention, just don't fook it up...

Rough with the smooth, newcomers and old stagers, trolls and jokers, lets them all play IMO, without the full spectrum, the site will never be as successful as GMK... To be top dog (you know you want it...) you must treat everyone with kid gloves....

Here endeth the lesson...

Nick

Administrator
I agree it needs to be a happy medium but somebody coming on saying "you need to let us walk all over your site, post crap and wind people up" is a bit strange?

Yes I love a bit of banter like the next person, but it is a city forum. Post about city or post in off topic.

I have owned forums that are bigger than every city forum on the net put together and times 5, you don't need to teach your granny to suck eggs fella :) :pimp:

95% of people like a post to stay on topic, if it is about a transfer then it should stay about that rather than going off about Nintendos. I dont mind the banter, I grew up with banter and it isn't a place without a laugh but people making accounts just to wind others up isn't on.

I know that we will need to find that line though, so thanks for pointing it out :)

skyblue_islander

I'm sure you know what you're doing... but you're after the GMK posters... better or not, GMK works and has lead the way in CCFC forums for many moons.

To keep the GMK posters you will need to replicate GMK. That is all.

Nick

Administrator
I'm sure you know what you're doing... but you're after the GMK posters... better or not, GMK works and has lead the way in CCFC forums for many moons.

To keep the GMK posters you will need to replicate GMK. That is all.

I know what you mean but this place has had a group of users for years, doesn't mean people can come on and start trying to wind them up or making loads of accounts?

I am not trying to replicate any other site and of course the more members the better but it isn't a troll's playground :)

Users who are viewing this thread