100% of ACL, 250-year lease, £20m. C'mon Mr Fisher! (1 Viewer)

duffer

Surely this represents 'ownership' of the Ricoh in its broadest terms.

This is what SISU wanted, and it's a lot less hassle than building a new, smaller stadium further away.

Tim, if you're reading - get a formal expression of interest in now and shoot down this Wasps abomination!

SkyBlue_Bear83

Agreed, I don't understand why they don't match the bid. They will spend more building a worse stadium and probably lose another few k off the fan base if it isn't within the boundary of coventry.

Either way it's still disgraceful of the council if it goes through.

Why's it so disgraceful of the council? SISU aren't prepared to pay for it. So the council do what is right for them and the taxpayers money.

oldfiver

The Council have invoked a pre-emption clause that gives them the right to buy Higgs shares

CCFC effectively have been blocked as AL will not sell to CCFC

JimmyHillsbeard

wonder what plans London Wasps Holdings Ltd have to regenerate the area around the Arena. This was of course a prerequisite of looking at any SISU bid according to the Council

letsallsingtogether

No they didn't Sisu lost that clause when they moved way.
It is just another Fisher excuse for doing fuck all..
The Council have invoked a pre-emption clause that gives them the right to buy Higgs shares

letsallsingtogether

wonder what plans London Wasps Holdings Ltd have to regenerate the area around the Arena. This was of course a prerequisite of looking at any SISU bid according to the Council
Well from what we have been told that is the main reason for buying it.
Apparently RFU have said they cannot play all their games there don't know how true that is but it was mentioned at the protest?????

aviles

Surely perfect chance for sisu to make some money buy the ricoh and then rent it out to the wasps ?

Hobo

Ahhh franchising is ok now

The trouble is Nick you and I might be outraged by franchising as football fans. But Wasps are a Rugby Union Club. I accept some Wasps fans might not be happy either, but some are open minded on their forum. But more importantly franchising is well established, have a look at the Rugby Union set up and there are franchise teams all over the place in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The Pro 12 league is built on franchised teams.

So it would appear in Rugby Union it has been okay since about 2004...so your outrage along with others on here has come a bit late!

RFC

Ahhh franchising is ok now

Far too many poster only look one-way, Northampton, London, Coventry!

CCFC, why did CCC want the club to return while these negotiations have obviously been going on for quite sometime?

Oh yes I can see why, they (CCC) should hang their heads in shame.

letsallsingtogether

CCFC, why did CCC want the club to return while these negotiations have obviously been going on for quite sometime?

Well do tell all after all you keep telling us how well informed you are.

Stop listening to Tim I have had many a meeting with him it is all spin.

Hobo

Has a counter bid crossed your mind? Anyway a few weeks ago everything was roses in your garden, bigging up the new stadium and we were all fools for doubting it. What has changed RFC?

duffer

The trouble is Nick you and I might be outraged by franchising as football fans. But Wasps are a Rugby Union Club. I accept some Wasps fans might not be happy either, but some are open minded on their forum. But more importantly franchising is well established, have a look at the Rugby Union set up and there are franchise teams all over the place in England, Wales, Scotland and Ireland. The Pro 12 league is built on franchised teams.

So it would appear in Rugby Union it has been okay since about 2004...so your outrage along with others on here has come a bit late!

Most Wasps fans aren't happy. Let's not pretend otherwise, eh.

And most rugby teams aren't franchised either - so let's not use that as an excuse.

torchomatic

But it shouldn't be happening! Regardless of whether some fans are "open minded" or not. I can't see why you are struggling with the concept. RFC seemed open minded even happy at Sixfields, so does that make that move OK in your eyes?

aviles

would the sale mean cov badge removed from the ricoh and the chairs changed to their colours and wasps written instead of ccfc ?

aviles

something i have just picked up off the wasps page

................if the rumours are confirmed?

By my reckoning, ABSOLUTELY NOTHING.

There has been so much press conjecture about Wasps buying the Ricoh. London Wasps Holdings have no assets and are beholden to Derek to keep them afloat. No bank or other financial institution, is going to lend them money!

Any deal will be done between Derek and his band of mystery men who form the consortium to acquire the stadium from The Alan Higgs Charity and Coventry Council, the current shareholders.

Wasps, in theory would still be tenants, as would CCFC. Who gets primacy of tenure?

Derek's worth was estimated to be around £45 million. He will not be chancing a huge slice of that in the venture. So the mystery men will be stumping up quite a significant chunk of folding for the deal, if approved, to go ahead. There is a rumour of football interest within the consortium.

One hell of a lot still to unfold and the Due Diligence guys must be making a fortune out of this.

by the sounds of it their owners are just as bad as ours they dont seem to confident of a deal actually going through

chiefdave

They should still submit a bid in my opinion. At the moment we're a bit in limbo as everything the club is saying states they are building their own stadium and have no interest in the Ricoh. If they said our first choice is an ownership stake in the Ricoh and here is an offer at the very least we have something to rally behind and a means to put considerable pressure on the council.

Hobo

Most Wasps fans aren't happy but it is not the only opinion. But are you saying Ospreys, Scarlets, Gwent Dragons, Cardiff Blues, Glasgow aren't franchised? What is London about London Irish and London Welsh? These clubs are at least regionalised if not franchised and there is very little difference. Glasgow has been funded by the Scottish RFU to succeed at the detriment to others, something a lot of Scottish clubs aren't happy with. So Rugby Union seems to recognise the franchising if you don't.

My point is the franchising argument isn't a very strong one to oppose this deal.

The best way would be for our owners to show some interest and intent about the Ricoh. Because without that we as fans seem to have a hollow protest, if the owners have a different plan for Coventry City FC

Sky Blue Dal

Surely this represents 'ownership' of the Ricoh in its broadest terms.

This is what SISU wanted, and it's a lot less hassle than building a new, smaller stadium further away.

Tim, if you're reading - get a formal expression of interest in now and shoot down this Wasps abomination!

Agree.. now is the time for SISU to redeem themselves come out and make an offer. Many fans opinion of them will change for the good.

Surely that's what they want.

Nick

Administrator
If they publicly come out and say they want that deal but it isn't accepted for some reason it would surely be a massive PR boost for SISU. I'd throw it out there anyway.

duffer

Most Wasps fans aren't happy but it is not the only opinion. But are you saying Ospreys, Scarlets, Gwent Dragons, Cardiff Blues, Glasgow aren't franchised? What is London about London Irish and London Welsh? These clubs are at least regionalised if not franchised and there is very little difference. Glasgow has been funded by the Scottish RFU to succeed at the detriment to others, something a lot of Scottish clubs aren't happy with. So Rugby Union seems to recognise the franchising if you don't.

My point is the franchising argument isn't a very strong one to oppose this deal.

The best way would be for our owners to show some interest and intent about the Ricoh. Because without that we as fans seem to have a hollow protest, if the owners have a different plan for Coventry City FC

I'm sorry Hobo, but it's not a hollow protest - and those clubs mentioned other than London Welsh and Irish are aggregations rather than franchises per se. It's by far a done argument in English Rugby.

Welsh are on their arses at Oxford, and Irish, despite being at Reading for a long time still generally only get half-full games or less.

The point is that there are over 7,000 regular fans at Wasps - and the vast majority stand against this, in the same way that we stood against going to Northampton.

It's a very simple argument, either you're for franchising teams away from their support or you're not.

If you're against franchising , then you should stand against this, and the council shouldn't be enabling something that they stood against when we were moved to Northampton.

Hobo

But it shouldn't be happening! Regardless of whether some fans are "open minded" or not. I can't see why you are struggling with the concept. RFC seemed open minded even happy at Sixfields, so does that make that move OK in your eyes?

I don't see why you can't really read my posts properly as I have clearly stated today I don't want Wasps to come to Coventry. I don't think it would be good for the clubs who represent Coventry. I don't agree with business men moving traditional clubs around to suit them. But look at how Rugby Pro 12 is organised and it is well established. A franchise argument isn't our strongest case. A counter bid from SISU would be more worthwhile as the fans could support that and give CCC a dilemma. At the moment SISU's stance is the Ricoh is temporary and they are to go away and build a new stadium of their own, hardly a strong case to oppose a sale to Wasps is it! Regardless of whether you or I don't fancy it.

SkyBlueSid

If they publicly come out and say they want that deal but it isn't accepted for some reason it would surely be a massive PR boost for SISU. I'd throw it out there anyway.

This is exactly what I have been saying. The council, now they have agreed to sell the place, are legally obliged to get the best price they can. If Sisu bid more than Wasps then it would put the council in a very difficult position if they refused it. Sisu have never had any intention of purchasing other than in a distressed situation for peanuts.

Sky Blue Dal

I don't see why you can't really read my posts properly as I have clearly stated today I don't want Wasps to come to Coventry. I don't think it would be good for the clubs who represent Coventry. I don't agree with business men moving traditional clubs around to suit them. But look at how Rugby Pro 12 is organised and it is well established. A franchise argument isn't our strongest case. A counter bid from SISU would be more worthwhile as the fans could support that and give CCC a dilemma. At the moment SISU's stance is the Ricoh is temporary and they are to go away and build a new stadium of their own, hardly a strong case to oppose a sale to Wasps is it! Regardless of whether you or I don't fancy it.

By them putting a bid in now would unsettle everything for the CCC. But that's SISU for you. They were never good at listen to the fans till its late.

So nothings changed.

Last edited:

Chipfat

This has been the problem from day 1 Sisu can say all they want, what they do and what they say are completely different... The reason they are not banging the CCC door down is they have no money to counter bid, no money for playing staff and certainly no money to bulid a new stadium... They had enough to go to court and see if they could force a sale,, well they have managed that but not to them... Im sick of them crying, im sick of TF wanting it his way or no way,, the CCC have done the only thing they stated they will listen to any serious offer and vote on the findings...

Do i agree with Wasps buying the Ricoh NO do i think Sisu have played poker with the club YES and the problem they have had with the game is CCC knew from the start of trying to secure the bank loan with them they had no money..... Club is slowly dying with many hands around its neck from all parties but CCC do not own the club or have any control of the decision making at it. The game of poker is hard when the opponent knows your hand!!!!, fold was the answer TF, not telling JS to move out and go to court!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sisu ,, SHOW THE MONEY, BUILD OR PLEASE FOOK OFF...

Nick

Administrator
This has been the problem from day 1 Sisu can say all they want, what they do and what they say are completely different... The reason they are not banging the CCC door down is they have no money to counter bid, no money for playing staff and certainly no money to bulid a new stadium... They had enough to go to court and see if they could force a sale,, well they have managed that but not to them... Im sick of them crying, im sick of TF wanting it his way or no way,, the CCC have done the only thing they stated they will listen to any serious offer and vote on the findings...

Do i agree with Wasps buying the Ricoh NO do i think Sisu have played poker with the club YES and the problem they have had with the game is CCC knew from the start of trying to secure the bank loan with them they had no money..... Club is slowly dying with many hands around its neck from all parties but CCC do not own the club or have any control of the decision making at it. The game of poker is hard when the opponent knows your hand!!!!, fold was the answer TF should of been pushing not lets move away......

Sisu ,, SHOW THE MONEY, BUILD OR PLEASE FOOK OFF...

Not even show the money, just a public statement saying "Tell us the terms, we want in". Stir the pot up a bit, see the council reaction.

Surely if they did that, they would get a lot more fans from it (especially if it went through) and some more if the council turned it down or said piss off.

Sky Blue Dal

Not even show the money, just a public statement saying "Tell us the terms, we want in". Stir the pot up a bit, see the council reaction.

Surely if they did that, they would get a lot more fans from it (especially if it went through) and some more if the council turned it down or said piss off.

Are you saying that make just make a statement or bid so just to stir them up but not take it seriously but just to see the CCC reactions.

Well SISU have tried that and look where we are now.

Look .. if they going to make a counter bid or statement it has to be for real and business like and definately no fannying around.

We fans have had enough of it.

Last edited:

Evo1883

Makes you laugh doesnt it , SISU have spent what they say is in the region of 70 million to keep us afloat , when in reality they couldve got the same deal as wasps , spared us relegations and administrations , and we would probably be sitting pretty in the premier league right now , where they wouldve made 60-80 million based off the promotions and sky money etc etc , walah .... No debt ....mongs

ccfcway

Cllr Skipper: “Loyalty to a football club runs deep - football is a real passion.

Over the years there has been an enormous amount of good will between the Council and the club, but it concerns me that supporters have been given misinformation.

“The owners of the club can come forward with an offer at any time.”

Evo1883

Cllr Skipper: “Loyalty to a football club runs deep - football is a real passion.

Over the years there has been an enormous amount of good will between the Council and the club, but it concerns me that supporters have been given misinformation.

Im sure tim and joy are too busy with their colouring books and crayons

ccfcway

not wanted it for 7 years, but the afternoon its being sold they want it.

My lad has loads of toys he doesn't play with, yet his mate comes round and starts playing with a toy, and all of a sudden he wants it as well !

Sky Blue Dal

Is this statement officially out there in public for SISU to see?

If so then what are they waiting for?? the next train at the ricoh station!!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread