0-0!!!!! (1 Viewer)

ovduk78

Just back from my long weekend away to watch CCFC against Blackpool & Rochdale and not too disappointed with what I saw. The last 4 times I have watched CCFC it has finished 0-0, Chesterfield at home last season & Oldham away 2 seasons ago, but the football we are now playing is a totally different, more enjoyable experience. Very impressed with RCC and the defence looks fairly solid, although it took Phillips some time to settle down last night. Morris was very poor last night as was Fortune for both games, for a big guy he gets bullied off the ball far too easily. You could see how good Cole is, despite his lack of match fitness, and at times he was on a different wavelength to the rest of the team. I think his lack of fitness is why he was almost playing up front where he would be more effective a bit deeper, it will be interesting to see how him and Fleck play together. It is good to watch a team with pace and how hard the player's work for each other. My son is happy with his new kit but not with me as I wouldn't buy him a CCFC towel cause it was £21!!! It is a great feeling to be part of the crowd again and they were a lot more positive towards the team, although I don't get how obsessed some are with other games that are going on, I am only interested in 1 game and that is the one I am at!! My next game planned is Blackpool away so get your bets on it being 0-0!!!

SkyBlueSid

Surely 3 0-0's in a row would be a club record? Seem to be breaking records every game at the moment

Afraid not. During February & March 1992 we drew 4 games on the trot 0-0. Liverpool (h), Southampton (a), Manchester Utd (h) and Norwich (h). They were the tedious days of Don Howe, although a couple of those results were decent ones.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Can't stand 0-0 games. I watch football to see goals scored. If we must drag out a draw, I'd prefer 1-1, 2-2 etc.

SkyBlueSid

That's right, we lost 4-3 at White Hart Lane in a game totally out of character for both teams, as Spurs were poor then too and hadn't won for months. After that we reverted to type and scored one more goal that season in the remaining 7 games. Strange times, they were.

Users who are viewing this thread