£750k for Leon Clarke (1 Viewer)

skybluebeduff

That is what BBC Sport has reported it to be...

I think we holded out for £1mill but due to the mardy gob shites attitude we sold below our estimated value of him.

What time does the deadline close tomorrow? And do you think we'll sign a striker or get on in on loan?

jesus-wept

That is what BBC Sport has reported it to be...

I think we holded out for £1mill but due to the mardy gob shites attitude we sold below our estimated value of him.

What time does the deadline close tomorrow? And do you think we'll sign a striker or get on in on loan?

No, Steve Waggott's trying desperately to get someone through the door but it's fucking locked

jimmyhillsfanclub

£750K is a great price.

Clarke cost us nothing except his wage, scored us loads of goals & we still made a handsome profit on a player who wanted out....

...and we've stitched Wolves right up cos hes not that good & he's got a shit attitude.....he reminds me of a far, far less talented Jay Bothroyd

Good business. Well done City.

Otis

Good price for a player in league 1 going to another league 1 side.

Fantastic price for him. We were never going to get a million. £750,000 for a 29 year old journeyman with a history of injury niggles and alleged attitude problems is excellent business. He has never commanded such a fee before so it is a great deal for us for sure.

Higgi21

£750K is a great price.

Clarke cost us nothing except his wage, scored us loads of goals & we still made a handsome profit on a player who wanted out....

...and we've stitched Wolves right up cos hes not that good & he's got a shit attitude.....he reminds me of a far, far less talented Jay Bothroyd

Good business. Well done City.
Sisu's investers have made a handsome profit on the player me thinks

End of the Leon Clarke story - lets move on to the next disaster. Will Leon play against us later in the season or did we make that part of the transfer deal?

diggerdaley

I don't believe that fee,he only signed for 18 months surely a league one club wouldn't pay the equivalent of £500,000 a season plus wages for Clarke.

skybluebeduff

I don't believe that fee,he only signed for 18 months surely a league one club wouldn't pay the equivalent of £500,000 a season plus wages for Clarke.

2 factors: It's January so prices are always inflated

He's scored over 30 goals in one year, hence our valuation.

Ashdown1

I couldn't care less about fees paid for players or wages paid out to others, none of it seems relative to me now. I've never felt so disenfranchised and unattached to the club since I've supported them. I used to like to think our £800 family spend per annum made a small difference but now who knows what happens to the clubs money as it's wrapped up in so many layers and tiers of tyranny. Does this cash reduce our debt, pay for a new player or help fund the management charges, no fucker really knows !
SISU OUT !!

Stafford_SkBlue

If he secures auto promotion for Wolves - it will be good business for them, as well.
Wolves are likely to score 50 goals now to end of season with Dicko and Clarke.
Also with Wolves gates increasing to 20,000 of late, they can afford it.

torchomatic

IF he keeps scoring the way he has then Wolves will be guaranteed promotion. So, it would be worth it, wouldn't it?

Wolves holding out for £1 million from Celtic for 13 goal striker - we sell top scorer for £750k yes the deal is good money - but Wolves are cheeky bastards holding out for a Million from Celtic.

True but Griffiths is an International player.

He is, but it's for Scotland - and Wolves have not bought him to score goals for Scotland they have brought him in to continue to score goals in this league - even if we do accept that being an Scottish International makes him more valuable £250k more valuable?

cyril

I can say this now. Met him in mechu club in Birmingham with JC and mcsheffrey.
Was an odious c**t who hared pressley. JC was really nice though

Leon Clarke reminds me of Harvey price

Joy Division

Here's hoping he looks back on his time at Coventry thinking, "fuck me that team created loads of chances for me and no wonder I scored so many goals"

Leon, top scorer yes but your not THAT good really.

Users who are viewing this thread