Women's European Championships in Netherlands (1 Viewer)

Otis

Typically of England, they make a silly mistake after being on top.

All over I think unless we can hit back very, very quickly. Too much of England's play is all rather predictable though. Long ball to Taylor, followed by long ball to Taylor, who may well be a great finisher, but also has a touch of Huckerbyitis about her, constantly getting caught offside.

lifeskyblue

England blown it. Silly mistake...no obvious game plan. Never really looked like winning this one.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

wingy

I've watched them on and off over the last ten years and I'd say the quality has gone from Hope Powells era although in a tournament the same pattern would emerge re quality and more importantly style and method employed to get through.
I think Sampson inherited a far better set of players than he's now selecting who could 'Play',I've seen this group do that as well in qualifiers.
The outfield players seem really small as well, especially against tonight's opponents.

Captain Dart

Really poor quality especially from England. 1st goal shit marking, 2nd goal a gift. 3rd goal spirit had gone by then.
Virtually no competitiveness England were never going to win this match,

Meanwhile Calvert-Lewin looks like he will send a few shock waves through the Premier League.

Gazolba

Just watched the game. Had to wait till I got home from work and got stuck in traffic on the way. Put my recording on.
Huge disappointment. The first England game I've seen in this tournament.
Why is it England teams are never as skillful as the opposition?
Can't fault them for effort and they had way more chances than the Dutch.
But their tactics were just hoof it up and hope for the best.
My interest in the tournament is over. I don't care who wins
Is there a 3rd place game?

vow

The Dutch are playing football, ball to feet, triangles etc.
Would this Sampson guy get a shot at a lower league mens team?
Same with the Women, could any of them cut it in Div4?
It reckon Bronze could at RB.
I was thinking the same as I watched her, dynamic full back could play in lower league Men's team. Sorry if that comes across a tad patronising, but it's not meant to be.

Gazolba

I was thinking the same as I watched her, dynamic full back could play in lower league Men's team. Sorry if that comes across a tad patronising, but it's not meant to be.
The best women players are easily as good or better than average male players in skill. They just lack the stature, speed and power, and thank God for that. I don't want to watch a team of female men.
Did anyone notice the right-winger for the Dutch; she looked like a man or rather a man in drag due to the bright red lipstick. But I must admit, she was a thorn in England's side all game.

lifeskyblue

Agree that skill levels are similar and as you say strength, speed and power not there in the women's game. I also think that until a generation of women have grown up whose mothers/grandmothers are steeped in football culture there will not be an inbred understanding of the finer points of the game. One of my daughters played at a reasonable level but then gave up...until her daughter is given a ball as a matter of course the game won't develop to its full potential.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Am guessing so.
The best women players are easily as good or better than average male players in skill. They just lack the stature, speed and power, and thank God for that. I don't want to watch a team of female men.

Don't ever go on holiday to Thailand then.

Reactions: vow

vow

Did anyone notice the right-winger for the Dutch; she looked like a man or rather a man in drag due to the bright red lipstick.
Yes, but I thought she looked more like a clown. toby fayre, however, she didn't play like one, unfortunately.

Gazolba

Decided to watch the Netherlands vs Denmark final and I'm glad I did.
Spanish commentary but who cares.
What a fantastic game. If you are not watching this, you are missing a real treat.
2-2 so far, some amazing goals.
Whoever rated England higher than these two sides must be deluded.

Gazolba

Great game. One of the best women's games I've ever seen.
All the skills, thrills and spills of the best men's finals.
Netherlands were worthy winners but Denmark pushed them all the way.
Both these teams are light years ahead of England.

wingy

Great game. One of the best women's games I've ever seen.
All the skills, thrills and spills of the best men's finals.
Netherlands were worthy winners but Denmark pushed them all the way.
Both these teams are light years ahead of England.
Couldn't agree more!

Users who are viewing this thread