Why has Sunday (1 Viewer)

japandy

become more important for football than Saturday?

As a kid I would go to Highfield Rd or away and then just relax with my mates on Sunday. For me it's not about the religious side of things but I do feel in this urbanised world adults and children do not get time to just 'relax'.
As a kid in a large family we used to also get up early and drive to Wales. We'd take a picnic and I'd always throw up in Bala. To this day that name has me reaching for the sick bag. But it's memories. Do you think kids today will feel the same in 30 years?

Gray

Sunday matches are normally premiership matches so looks like cov will be playing on Saturday for years to come

japandy

You must be joking. Remember Fletcher's 3 year plan well Mr.Cov Joe has a two year plan to get us in premier.

LastGarrison

It hasn't. Saturday is still the day for football for the majority of clubs in this country.

A couple of Premier League games are played on a Sunday and more when our clubs are involved in Europe but surely this is a good thing to give them the extra rest?

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
It hasn't. Saturday is still the day for football for the majority of clubs in this country.

A couple of Premier League games are played on a Sunday and more when our clubs are involved in Europe but surely this is a good thing to give them the extra rest?

Rest? Rest!!?? Bleedin' 'ell! The poor darlin's! Try working solidly for a full 40 hour shift and then they can earn a bleedin' rest! Ferkin' pansies! :mad:

stupot07

But would you say Sunday is more important than Saturday for football as was the question posed in the OP?

Not for me, probably because we play on Saturdays. When I was a bit younger before wrecking my knee I used to play Saturdays and Sundays, but the fact Saturday matches wee in the afternoon, Sundays were important to do things as a family in the afternoon.

ccfcway

Saturday should be football day. Sunday is for relaxing. Its just better on a Saturday

Cant you relax watching football ?

I've just enjoyed the Sunderland match and will watch the FA Cup semi..

I wouldnt have seen either if they were 3pm on sat, as I was listening to Sky Blues Player shaking my head

ccfc92

Cant you relax watching football ?

I've just enjoyed the Sunderland match and will watch the FA Cup semi..

I wouldnt have seen either if they were 3pm on sat, as I was listening to Sky Blues Player shaking my head

i would have relaxed if celtic won in 90 mins :mad: fucked up my accumulator :mad:

Users who are viewing this thread