What would we do? (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
If we were at the Ricoh and owned it and another team say shrewsbury wanted to ground share, not really a rival but local.

It would bring us in a nice chunk of cash we could use towards paying for better players and could mean signing a couple of decent players, not to mention a boost to the local industry.

How would we react?

VegetableSamosa

With open arms. If I knew another club was going through what we have been, then I'd want us to help however we can.

Just as long as they look after the pitch.

CovFan

If another club was being moved to the Ricoh against the fans wishes I'd be dead against it, regardless of any benefits we may receive.

Sisued

If the club in question were in our position id be against it. Not just because their fans are getting screwed over but because our owners have a history of not paying their bills. Any deal struck with SISU is not worth the paper its written on....if they bother to sign it

VegetableSamosa

Even if said fans were against the move?

If the decision had been made and nothing could be done about it, then I wouldn't begrudge them using the ground.

If it was the last choice of the club, it is play at the Ricoh or be kicked out the league, then yes, come straight on in.

I think I've answered this question resigned to the notion that we're never going back to the Ricoh so I'm seeing this hypothetical situation as such.

Brighton Sky Blue

Depends if Shrewsbury had been evicted or forced out a la Brighton or were on a vendetta against whoever owns New Meadow.

wingy

Depends if Shrewsbury had been evicted or forced out a la Brighton or were on a vendetta against whoever owns New Meadow.

Then how their fans felt ,If they were inclined to just shrug their shoulders and say why bother ,they'd get what they deserve and be Hypocrites .

dongonzalos

Some naively said on here morals don't matter if a decision suits your club then that is fine. However I think those who said that were supporting SISU's actions at that time. I sm sure they realise that wasn't the best call now.
It is not the case, you need to keep your morals if most of the fans of Shrewsbury didn't want it, I wouldn't back it.

Brighton Sky Blue

Then how their fans felt ,If they were inclined to just shrug their shoulders and say why bother ,they'd get what they deserve and be Hypocrites .

The thing is, if we had been evicted from the Ricoh because of SISU's actions (one of the options which ACL have always had available to them), then other Midlands clubs would be more sympathetic and offer their assistance. As it is I only see Northampton's chairman wanting us because the rent money will speed up the repayment of their loan from the council for ground development. No other clubs want anything to do with it, even the likes of Walsall and Blues, both cash strapped for well documented reasons.

Cobblers36

Just to clear up - our loan will be repaid by the sale of land which will actually earn more than the £12million loan, it's a complex and complicated scenario.

Brighton Sky Blue

Just to clear up - our loan will be repaid by the sale of land which will actually earn more than the £12million loan, it's a complex and complicated scenario.

Still, a few bob to go into the Cobblers' coffers won't go amiss I assume.

Cobblers36

Certainly not, Boothroyd has more Clive Platts to find.

Seriously our chairman will think he is helping and doing Coventry fans a favour, you're best bet is to email him directly and talk sense not abuse and it's relatively likely he will pull out of the deal if there is enough explanation from Coventry fans.

Brighton Sky Blue

Certainly not, Boothroyd has more Clive Platts to find.

Seriously our chairman will think he is helping and doing Coventry fans a favour, you're best bet is to email him directly and talk sense not abuse and it's relatively likely he will pull out of the deal if there is enough explanation from Coventry fans.

Has he been living on Mars for the last 12 months?

Brighton Sky Blue

To be fair, until today (or yesterday as it is now I guess), this hasn't had much media coverage.

Fair point, though surely if anyone comes knocking on your door suggesting a groundshare then you do your homework on them?

mark82

Fair point, though surely if anyone comes knocking on your door suggesting a groundshare then you do your homework on them?

You would think so. Problem is he/they will have to put their own club first. If SISU are offering enough money and its up front so they can't decide not to pay then you can't really blame them. I don't really know NTFC financial situation but a few hundred thousand would come in handy for most league 2 clubs.

Users who are viewing this thread