What Powers Does the Football League Have? (1 Viewer)

Flying Fokker

In relation to the events of the past day regarding court and the possibilty that City will play away from Coventry:

What options does the Football League have regarding protecting the interests of Coventry City supporters?

ajsccfc

I think they've got some kind of legislation against relocating more than a certain distance unless it's demonstrably a temporary measure only.

torchomatic

How long is temporary though? A season, two, three? I still can;t really see us playing away from the Ricoh. Surely common sense MUST prevail eventually?

Flying Fokker

This all seems to be leading towards a takeover. Is SISU trying to gain extra leverage to ensure that they get a better deal under administration?

It is surely part of their end game because they will not get any support from the majority of City fans if they are still in control after administration.

Nonleagueherewecome

Given who passes the Fit & Proper Person's test, I'd say the FL has the power of being able to turn a blind eye..

covboy1987

This all seems to be leading towards a takeover. Is SISU trying to gain extra leverage to ensure that they get a better deal under administration?

It is surely part of their end game because they will not get any support from the majority of City fans if they are still in control after administration.

Good quote thats how i see things

skybluegod

In relation to the events of the past day regarding court and the possibilty that City will play away from Coventry:

What options does the Football League have regarding protecting the interests of Coventry City supporters?

Well they have a limit of how far out of cov we can play I think?

And not just for today but ATM don't they own the golden share?

SkyBlueHomer

At which point does the Football League protect others 1st though? Can we honestly say to the league we can definatly fulfil our fixtures next season.
At the minute we have no ground to play in, no season ticket details, shirt sponsor with Citylink is up, no details of any new strip, no club shop so any income is vry little or non-existent

georgehudson

just when will the football league ever qualify the exact definition of,
'fit & proper owners'
one has only to consider our plight,
& the conclusion is ?????????????

RoboCCFC90

I think they've got some kind of legislation against relocating more than a certain distance unless it's demonstrably a temporary measure only.

The Football League will allow any club to travel within 50 Miles of there namesake to play there home fixtures over a 3 year period if they show plans to return there after that time period.

covlad1986

What I can't understand is that the golden share is there so we can play in the football league so surely if the football league have records that the GS was in CCFC LTD and not in CCFC (HOLDINGS) surely they would have the final word.

ajsccfc

The Football League will allow any club to travel within 50 Miles of there namesake to play there home fixtures over a 3 year period if they show plans to return there after that time period.

Woah, that's a bit further than I thought it'd be.

RoboCCFC90

3000 maybe 4000 max

In this current predicament yes, but lets say SP is able to build a strong squad (When we come out of Admin) and we start pushing at the top of L1 Table, good run in the JPT and potentially a few mouth watering ties in Capital One FA Cup's, that place would be full.

Big_Ben

In this current predicament yes, but lets say SP is able to build a strong squad (When we come out of Admin) and we start pushing at the top of L1 Table, good run in the JPT and potentially a few mouth watering ties in Capital One FA Cup's, that place would be full.

And along the same lines - we've already had, allegedly, Baker saying that the team would prefer to play away from home because of the section of the crowd that's always moaning, booing and shouting abuse, whilst those that made the effort to travel were brilliant and the players really got lifted by them. Time and time again on here we hear about the 'fans in the next row' who are a disgrace, so if those that boo etc are the ones that will be most likely to stay away, and the ones that lift the team are the ones that will follow I can see that the gates will be affected in the short term, but good results will have the effect of increasing gates as Robbo suggests.
Then all the moaners can get together as keyboard warriors without having a demoralising effect on the team during the matches.

davebart

I think the moaners will continue to attend. They are becoming an ever larger proportion of the crowd as disheartened fans fade away.

CCFCDan87

What crack pipe you smoking? This club is going downhill rapidly and talk of been top of the table is ludicrous. We will struggle next year. We could easily do a pompey

Users who are viewing this thread