Welcome the messiah.. Russell Slade (1 Viewer)

no_loyalty

Just did this as a tread as you typed it

Must be on the same wave length.

I think you could be right about Ricketts being his number 2 or part of his coaching staff, otherwise why is he still at the club?

Terry Gibson's perm

Loves to manage a basket case club Cardiff,Charlton here he is going downhill fast, he should ask Tudgay to move on and certainly not put him in the side.

Warwickhunt

The Messiah ? Nope just another jobbing manager dropped into an impossible situation.

He is a good shout at keeping us in L1 though.

My prediction is he is in the job for 9 months.
Only if he has had an affair with Joy

Paxman II

Slade seems like the obvious available fit for our current position. Certainly will bring some immediate stability around the playing staff and open up some optimism. But the thing that stands out for me is "until the end of the season".

Otis

Slade seems like the obvious available fit for our current position. Certainly will bring some immediate stability around the playing staff and open up some optimism. But the thing that stands out for me is "until the end of the season".
Think the full sentence read as 'until the end of the season or Coventry City go bust, whichever comes first.'

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
Messiah ? No pressure or expectation then ;). A decent choice and good luck to him. I hope he makes the difference. He has the same tools as Venus at the moment so will be interesting to see who he can get in

First target is safety, avoiding relegation.

Have no confidence in their being money the budget, I think that's code for some players are leaving and that will free some money up

steve82

Messiah ? No pressure or expectation then ;). A decent choice and good luck to him. I hope he makes the difference. He has the same tools as Venus at the moment so will be interesting to see who he can get in

First target is safety, avoiding relegation.

Have no confidence in their being money the budget, I think that's code for some players are leaving and that will free some money up

Out of all the managers available or I no off he's the best to get us to safety foremost, and he's already said there will be some wheeling dealing being done,

Lets hope his little black book of contacts and ex player proves fruitful

Sick Boy

Interesting it's just till the end of the season
This continues the trend of short termism on most things recently
This could indicate that there are negotiations with a potential new owner
Or maybe not.....

Mowbray also initially signed on a 1 year deal. It's probably to protect both parties incase of relegation.

olderskyblue

The reason I hadn't posted on this thread before is because i thought he would be awful, but didn't want to appear negative.... ;)

steve82

A lot was hinged on getting a target man in, without one he was never gonna succeed given his style of play.
Big mistake on his part not looking deeper into the squad we had with just a transfer window to deal in and a limited pool of players to try and get in given the size of the task

ajsccfc

Definitely, it wasn't too long before my faith in him dwindled. The signings he made seemed exactly what we needed too, but then for some reason he set up a load of round holes for the square pegs he picked up.

covcity4life

Definitely, it wasn't too long before my faith in him dwindled. The signings he made seemed exactly what we needed too, but then for some reason he set up a load of round holes for the square pegs he picked up.

clarke,rawson,reilly and beavon all look good for league 1

he couldnt get strikers bar beavon right at all. yakubu,folivi,vernon. etc

but yeah we could have had ronaldo and messi and it wouldnt have worked with his tactics.

lowest PPG says it all. worst of the worst. makes zola look like jose mourinho

ajsccfc

I'd hope it's that we're largely willing to give something a chance to fail before screaming blue murder about how much of a failure it is.

Grendel

I was particularly enthused after that Bolton game, even though we lost the lead near the end. I just wanted some hope to cling to.

The problem was really discussed by Greg Downes on the phone in when Mowbray was still here. He said no manager can take over unless they manage like him and the problem was he tried to get players to fit a style they were never good enough to fit. He said they can't pass and yet play a passing game and can't play a physical game either.

Bolton was easily one of the better performances of the season as we competed strongly and showed some purpose upfront.

If we didn't concede those late goals in successive games we'd probably have been alright. Unfortunately Slade then seemed to panic and that game he bizarrely adopted mowbrays wing back bollocks I knew that it wasn't going to go well.

In the end though you can't stay up on home form alone and all 4 managers can't get this squad to perform on the road.

Users who are viewing this thread