Weight and working out (3 Viewers)

Really pleased with my progress lately. I've made a lifestyle change as well as a dietary change and it's been a steady loss since January. When I look really short term it appears I've stalled but looking at the monthly progress I'm still trending the right way. 1000002734.jpg 1000002735.jpg

shmmeee

What do you mean fuck all works long term? Diets?

Yeah. Read the paper I shared earlier. Long term very few weight management interventions of any sort stick. After a few years three quarters have put the weight back on.

That doesn’t mean don’t do it. But recognise if you manage to lose and keep weight off you’re very much in the minority. It’s why i wouldn’t be harsh on people trying whatever works for them and insisting on the “correct way”. You might be slightly less likely to rebound on a balanced diet, but chances are still high that you will rebound. Give people all the tools possible against what’s a very difficult problem to beat IMO.

covcity4life

Yeah. Read the paper I shared earlier. Long term very few weight management interventions of any sort stick. After a few years three quarters have put the weight back on.

That doesn’t mean don’t do it. But recognise if you manage to lose and keep weight off you’re very much in the minority. It’s why i wouldn’t be harsh on people trying whatever works for them and insisting on the “correct way”. You might be slightly less likely to rebound on a balanced diet, but chances are still high that you will rebound. Give people all the tools possible against what’s a very difficult problem to beat IMO.
Chill out fatty

Sky Blue Pete

And enjoy life in the meantime

I'm now 8lbs down since the start of Feb. It's a nice continuous decrease with a lifestyle change and not a diet. I'm still eating toffee yum yums from Lidl and whatever junk comes my way at the weekends. Really happy, feeling stronger and loving getting a sweat on at Revs a couple of times a week.

LastGarrison

Dual purpose to this post but Pathways Coventry is a group for men who might be struggling with their mental health, had a traumatic event or just need people to talk to and is linked in with walks, exercise etc.

As part of this they run a free class at Revolution Hiitbox to help engage other people so if anyone on here, or anyone you know, might benefit from this please forward them the links:

shmmeee

Are they only on insta? Cos AFAICT you need an account to view and it’s been my last hold out against modern social media 🤣

LastGarrison

Are they only on insta? Cos AFAICT you need an account to view and it’s been my last hold out against modern social media 🤣
Apologies, I didn’t see that you needed to log in when I pasted the links.

Just grabbed the Modem out the attic and fired up the dial up and although there was nothing on MySpace or Bebo I did find something on Facebook

In all seriousness for anyone who has thought about reaching out to something like this, then this is a the perfect opportunity.

Skybluefaz

Ordered some Huel black edition and huel daily greens.

anyone tried it?
Any tips on how to use it?
I have black edition for lunch every day.

Try and put the water in first then add the huel so it doesn't all clump at the bottom.

Shake fuck out of it.

Chocolate is my favourite flavour.

No idea what the daily greens are like, would be interested in your thoughts.

Nick

Administrator
Ordered some Huel black edition and huel daily greens.

anyone tried it?
Any tips on how to use it?

I've got Banana / Strawberrys and cream Black Edition.

I do have it but I can't get full of just that, sometimes I just put in peanut butter etc in the Nutribullet and hammer it for a bit.

I have tried other daily greens but cant comment on the huel ones. Very earthy!!

Nick

Administrator
Just ordered some more Black Edition and a couple of the meal bags with pasta in, haven't tried those yet.

Decent offer as well, donate a fiver to the Hardest Geeza and save 20% so still saving a bit.

Shamelessly, my Huel signup link - Get £10 off

Users who are viewing this thread