U18/U21 Development Thread (4 Viewers)

ccfc121

I know you didn't quote the post but are you talking about the U23 players who are out of contract? That's how the post reads to me but possibly I'm wrong

Sorry it was worded badly, I meant two of the under 18's were told they wouldn't be getting professional contracts. And its the two you doubted in your post

SlowerThanPlatt

Sorry it was worded badly, I meant two of the under 18's were told they wouldn't be getting professional contracts. And its the two you doubted in your post

Not surprised if true. I think Hendricks is a good player who could find himself another club but haven't seen much of the other guy. They both came from West Brom

SlowerThanPlatt

Another win for our U18s this morning. 2-0 against Watford. Billy Stedman with his 5th goal of the season and Jordan Ponticelli with his 13th goal.

It's now 12 wins from 18 games and 38 points from a possible 54 for Jason Farndon's side

shelby76

Not surprised if true. I think Hendricks is a good player who could find himself another club but haven't seen much of the other guy. They both came from West Brom
Good luck to Mantsounga and hendricks i guess because they have not been at the club long last in first out scenario.

lifeskyblue

I;m considering starting to get down to these more!

While they still play under the ccfc name. I think that's a good plan to watch and support youngsters. What days/times do the youth teams usually play?

PUSB
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1966skyblue

While they still play under the ccfc name. I think that's a good plan to watch and support youngsters. What days/times do the youth teams usually play?

PUSB

Under 18s Saturday morning. The under 18s were brilliant again today. I am sure they would beat the first team. Stronger in every area of the pitch.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator

PUSB
That would be a good protest wouldnt it, probably see some goals and make a statement!

lifeskyblue

I only work Monday and Tuesday now. How many of their games are on the rest of the week?

PUSB

SlowerThanPlatt

Here are the remaining fixtures: Premier Academy League

They usually play on a Saturday but I think they will have one or two fixtures in midweek because a few games have been postponed recently (Palace and Cardiff).

The next home fixture is against Colchester on Saturday Feburary 11th with a noon kick-off

Last edited:

SlowerThanPlatt

U23s against QPR (1pm): Addai (GK), Whitmore, Finch, Harries, Leahy, Trialist, Trialist, Trialist, Shipley, Dev. Kelly-Evans (C), Ponticelli.

Subs: Skuza (GK), Maycock, Spence, Sayoud, K.Thomas.

Two of the trialists are most likely the ones who played against Palace (Wharton and Nasseri). Not sure on the other yet because Diakite isn't on trial anymore. Kyle Spence and Kwame Thomas back in the fold.

Otis

Yep, we had three trialists, we let Diakite go, so we have the same two as before (presumably) plus a new one.

I have my fingers crossed that he blocks three goalbound efforts off the line, sprays the ball about in midfield like Glenn Hoddle, puts in a number of Dennis Wise style crunching tackles in and around the half way line and scores a hat-trick, assisting with fabulous crosses for the other two goals in a five nil rout.

Otis

No sign of Stokes again.

Could he be done for the season maybe.

I know they said it was only a tight groin last time he played, but that was against Brighton in the EFL Trophy. If it were only a tight groin he'd have been back in before now wouldn't he.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Nick

Administrator
No sign of Stokes again.

Could he be done for the season maybe.

I know they said it was only a tight groin last time he played, but that was against Brighton in the EFL Trophy. If it were only a tight groin he'd have been back in before now wouldn't he.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Yeah they said it was a precaution. Stokes said the injury was recurring before too.

ceetee

Despite having three trialists in they lost 3 0
You would think if trialists were good enough for the first team they would add to the U23 squad

MusicDating

Euro 2016 Prediction League Champion!!
Under 18s Saturday morning. The under 18s were brilliant again today. I am sure they would beat the first team. Stronger in every area of the pitch.
I gather the first team play a team made up of the u23/u18s quite often in training and the kids win 2 out of 3 games...

steve82

That's 11 U18s in the squad of 16. First year scholar Billy Stedman is on the bench too

Yes Stedman looked very good on Saturday. Small winger with very quick feet linked up very well down right hand side with hickman

Should smash watford today easy bottom of the league!

2016-17 Professional Development League 2 - YouthHawk

Did any of you see this game how did Micheal Folivi look, aparently there no 10

SlowerThanPlatt

Did any of you see this game how did Micheal Folivi look, aparently there no 10

He's played against our U23s twice this season. In the most recent one he won a penalty after he was fouled by our goalkeeper but we played mostly an U18 side that day against their U23s.

In the other one, he played 90 minutes but didn't do anything of note. We won 5-3 that day and the only Watford player who looked anything like a 'prospect' was their winger Dion Pereira who came on at half time

Watford's U23s are rock bottom of the league but I believe Folivi has scored a few goals for them

shmmeee

That U18 side looks pretty decent. Maybe we should make them play in another kit and get Slade to loan a few in?

(half joking)

SlowerThanPlatt

U18s away at Cardiff this morning: Skuza, Hickman, Thompson, Ford, Camwell, Doyle, Eccles, Bayliss, Smith, Stedman, Ponticelli

Bench: Naylor, Johnson, McMahon, Burroughs, Whitmore

The two unfamiliar names on the bench (Burroughs and Whitmore) are U16s. Aaron Whitmore is the brother of current CCFC player Jacob Whitmore, he's a right-back too

Users who are viewing this thread