Tube Station Explosion (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Apparently people burnt and an explosion on a train in London, it doesn't "look" like a massive explosion like a bomb though.

clint van damme

I'd obviously hate to be caught up in a terrorist attack but the thought of being caught up in one in a confined space like a tube station is terrifying. Luckily the wanker who planted this is also a useless c**t.

oucho

I have been working in London and staying in Parsons Green for the last few weeks - fortunately didn't use the tube station today. Let's hope nobody has been seriously injured. I dno't agree with much of what comes out of Trump's mouth but when he calls the perpetrator a "loser", he's spot on.

Captain Dart

Gazolba

You would think somebody would have reported someone carrying a shopping bag with a large bucket in it.
It's a good thing it did not fully detonate as it would have killed dozens.
We cannot rely on the terrorists being incompetent in bomb-making in future.

jimmyhillsfanclub

Officer officer quickly over here look officer look see a bucket in a lidl bag...

......I've seen far weirder shit pretty much every time I step on public transport

(I try and avoid it nut needs must)

CJ_covblaze

Our brace authorities, services and forces need to be lucky 100% of the time. Sadly the cowardly enemy need to be lucky once.

speedie87

Must be time for a change of approach re these attacks. All the 24 hour news channels being all over them/ I bet the nutters are all sat around lapping it up.
Perhaps we should gonfor the minimal coverage approach like when tv doesn't show streakers

Sick Boy

Must be time for a change of approach re these attacks. All the 24 hour news channels being all over them/ I bet the nutters are all sat around lapping it up.
Perhaps we should gonfor the minimal coverage approach like when tv doesn't show streakers

I know what you mean but in the age of the Internet that isn't going to happen.

Liquid Gold

They say that's what should be done though. Same with school shootings in the states. These sad little wankers are desperate for notoriety and by putting them all over the news that's what they get which in turn inspires the next little nut job.

Gazolba

Streakers are exhibitionists, terrorists are not. I'm surprised you can't tell the difference.

NorthernWisdom

Perhaps we should gonfor the minimal coverage approach
Never sure about that. See the point, but would silence provoke people to do bigger attacks until they do get attention?

But do see the point about media restrictions too!

oucho

You would think somebody would have reported someone carrying a shopping bag with a large bucket in it.
It's a good thing it did not fully detonate as it would have killed dozens.
Travelling on the tube in London, people ignore each other and just tune out of what's going on around them. Nobody would have even looked twice at the bag.

chiefdave

so the 18 year old was a refugee who was arrested only 2 weeks ago. The trump tweet which caused outrage the other day was in fact correct.
It didn't cause outrage on the basis of if it was true or not it was because, once again, Trump had leaked information those dealing with the incident didn't want made public whilst the investigation was ongoing.

The Lurker

It didn't cause outrage on the basis of if it was true or not it was because, once again, Trump had leaked information those dealing with the incident didn't want made public whilst the investigation was ongoing.

So a politician tells the truth and there is outrage, usually people hate it when the politicians lie or hide info.

Leaked information? Didn't see the tweet where he mentions the person name. Just said the loser was on the watch list which is true. Wish our political elite were more open with the British public

Captain Dart

Captain Dart

Gazolba

Travelling on the tube in London, people ignore each other and just tune out of what's going on around them. Nobody would have even looked twice at the bag.
Not me, I'm a people watcher. I watch everyone and try to notice everything.
They'll learn once a real bomb goes off!
About a year ago after one of the last terrorist attacks I was on a train sitting opposite a Middle-Eastern looking woman.
She had a large handbag on her lap and was reaching inside of it and fiddling with something.
She looked nervous and was glancing all around her as she did it.
I immediately thought she was setting a detonation timer so I changed cars and got off the train at the next stop.
Nothing happened (maybe it was a trial run), but that's the kind of thing people need to be looking out for.
And they need to be able to report it without fear of being branded a racist or a racial profiler!

chiefdave

So a politician tells the truth and there is outrage, usually people hate it when the politicians lie or hide info.

Leaked information? Didn't see the tweet where he mentions the person name. Just said the loser was on the watch list which is true. Wish our political elite were more open with the British public
Its not about telling the truth or not its about their being an active investigation and those involved wishing for information to be kept out of the public domain while the investigation is live as releasing it aids the people we want to identify and arrest.

Are you real saying you're in favour of politicians doing things which make it harder for our authorities to capture terrorists?

SkyblueBazza

About a year ago after one of the last terrorist attacks I was on a train sitting opposite a Middle-Eastern looking woman.
She had a large handbag on her lap and was reaching inside of it and fiddling with something.
I immediately thought she was setting a detonation timer so I changed cars and got off the train at the next stop.
Nothing happened (maybe it was a trial run), but that's the kind of thing people need to be looking out for.
And they need to be able to report it without fear of being branded a racist or a racial profiler!
SO wrong on SO many levels!!!

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

oucho

Ok, so you reported her, right?

dutchman

Had a similar experience working behind the bar during the IRA pub-bombing campaign.

It's very hard to know what to do in those circumstances isn't it?

The Lurker

Its not about telling the truth or not its about their being an active investigation and those involved wishing for information to be kept out of the public domain while the investigation is live as releasing it aids the people we want to identify and arrest.

Are you real saying you're in favour of politicians doing things which make it harder for our authorities to capture terrorists?

have you really typed that nonsense up? What information did he tweet (140 characters long) to hinder the investigation? Instead of slagging off trump, the mainstream media should be looking at why two young refugees who come to shelter in the country end up tying to kill people here. We fed them, gave them a home and there thanks is setting a bomb off.

Macca

have you really typed that nonsense up? What information did he tweet (140 characters long) to hinder the investigation? Instead of slagging off trump, the mainstream media should be looking at why two young refugees who come to shelter in the country end up tying to kill people here. We fed them, gave them a home and there thanks is setting a bomb off.

As with most things British the concept is a noble one the execution shambolic

chiefdave

If it was insignificant why is it a diplomatic incident? We previously stopped sharing intelligence with the US after similar tweets from Trump regarding the Manchester bombings. the intelligence sharing was only resurrected when Trump promised to reign it in but first chance he got he's done it again.

Frankly I'd trust what our intelligence service state is acceptable over someone on a football forum.

Users who are viewing this thread