Touch Screen drivers (3 Viewers)

Brighton Sky Blue

So after 2 years my touchscreen no longer works as a touchscreen. The driver 'hid user compliant touch screen' is completely missing and can't find a download for it anywhere. The laptop also now thinks it doesn't have touch capability despite having worked for years as one.

Can anyone help?

Nick

Administrator
If it's a laptop one, is there anything on the manufacturer's site for the model?

Brighton Sky Blue

Already tried it, the driver is missing. More to the point HP also don't seem to have live chat support or even a phone number.

shmmeee

Have you tried reinstalling the device in device manager or is it not even recognised?

shmmeee

I have tried everything short of doing a factory reset

Reading this thread it seems there’s not a distinct display driver and you need to update the chipset and BIOS drivers instead:

Just double check that’s the same model

Brighton Sky Blue

Reading this thread it seems there’s not a distinct display driver and you need to update the chipset and BIOS drivers instead:

Just double check that’s the same model
I have gone through all the threads and tried just about everything in them. All that's left is an HP cloud recovery which can reinstall the drivers as the one consistency is that when the touchscreen driver went, the device ceased to recognise that it even had touch capability.

It's extremely frustrating for this to happen for seemingly no reason on a device that cost around £1k, along with the hinges breaking after just 2 years. Won't ever buy an HP machine after this.

shmmeee

I have gone through all the threads and tried just about everything in them. All that's left is an HP cloud recovery which can reinstall the drivers as the one consistency is that when the touchscreen driver went, the device ceased to recognise that it even had touch capability.

It's extremely frustrating for this to happen for seemingly no reason on a device that cost around £1k, along with the hinges breaking after just 2 years. Won't ever buy an HP machine after this.

Only laptops I’d touch for build quality these days are MacBooks and Surfaces.

It’s got to be a driver issue unless something has actually come unplugged. You shouldn’t need to do a reset, any decent driver detection software should pick it up 🤔

I’m afraid I don’t know the ins and outs of windows these days as a Mac user at home and work.

Brighton Sky Blue

Only laptops I’d touch for build quality these days are MacBooks and Surfaces.

It’s got to be a driver issue unless something has actually come unplugged. You shouldn’t need to do a reset, any decent driver detection software should pick it up 🤔

I’m afraid I don’t know the ins and outs of windows these days as a Mac user at home and work.
Won't be able to afford those for the next 3 years most likely. From looking at most of the support forum posts, a Windows update of some kind normally causes the driver to go missing. I have used about 3 different driver detection kits which can't even identify this as a touch device, despite it having worked as one for about 2 years.

Funnily enough following HP's advice to uninstall the driver and then restart the laptop caused the driver to completely vanish.

shmmeee

Won't be able to afford those for the next 3 years most likely. From looking at most of the support forum posts, a Windows update of some kind normally causes the driver to go missing. I have used about 3 different driver detection kits which can't even identify this as a touch device, despite it having worked as one for about 2 years.

Funnily enough following HP's advice to uninstall the driver and then restart the laptop caused the driver to completely vanish.

That’s why I thought maybe the chipset and bios would do it. 🤔

shmmeee

I tried both, no joy.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Brighton Sky Blue

Indeed, so the chap on the phone reckoned a cloud recovery would put back in the missing drivers. If this doesn't work I'll probably have to trade this one in for a cheaper model with a working touch screen as it's kind of essential

Brighton Sky Blue

I have called up the idiots who told me to just try it again and to call them back if it doesn’t work. Will just let it fail again and then try to get the people who advised it in shit with management

Nick

Administrator
I have called up the idiots who told me to just try it again and to call them back if it doesn’t work. Will just let it fail again and then try to get the people who advised it in shit with management
Not sure that will do anything.

What's it doing now? The drivers should be online somewhere

Users who are viewing this thread