Total eclipse of the sun! (1 Viewer)

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Without trying to be distasteful, The Sun, and in fact the police were not solely to blame for the Hillsborough disaster were they?

It just winds me up a little that even though the police weren't helpful, and The Sun spread lies, there is much more to it than that, involving supporters themselves.

Sky Blue Pete

Without trying to be distasteful, The Sun, and in fact the police were not solely to blame for the Hillsborough disaster were they?

It just winds me up a little that even though the police weren't helpful, and The Sun spread lies, there is much more to it than that, involving supporters themselves.
Go on then? Prove what happened

Sky Blue Pete

Nah significant research has been done and no one would have died but for the errors at the hands of professionals.

clint van damme

Significant research to come to the easiest most convenient conclusion

are you mad?! It took the family 20 years. The easiest and most convenient conclusion was the one the authorities tried to promote throughout that 20 years with the help of fabricated evidence from the police.
We were one closed pen away from it being us.

Liquid Gold

I don't like Liverpool so I'm going to find a way, despite all evidence to the contrary, to continue to blame them for the death of their own fans.

Get a fucking grip.

clint van damme

so Heysel proves Liverpool are at fault for Hillsborough?
Both incidents were investigated, one lead to Liverpool fans being found guilty and prosecutions followed, one lead to them been exonerated once the web of lies and corruption created by the authorities had been unravelled.

rob9872

I think you're writing your own story there.

I merely referenced to highlight that they bang on about the injustice of one event, for which they were all now saintly (and anyone who went to a game v LFC in the 80's of course knows that wasn't always the case) but Heysel, where 14 people served an average of 1 year in jail for the death of 39 lives barely sounds like justice to me. CCFC missed out on a European trail post 1987 largely because of that incident - who knows where we might be now. Perhaps the Sheikhs might even have purchased a different set of Sky Blues.

clint van damme

I think you're writing your own story there.

I merely referenced to highlight that they bang on about the injustice of one event, for which they were all now saintly (and anyone who went to a game v LFC in the 80's of course knows that wasn't always the case) but Heysel, where 14 people served an average of 1 year in jail for the death of 39 lives barely sounds like justice to me. CCFC missed out on a European trail post 1987 largely because of that incident - who knows where we might be now. Perhaps the Sheikhs might even have purchased a different set of Sky Blues.

I was at plenty of games against them in the 70s and 80s and have no time for the club or it's support.
I agree length of the sentences handed out for Heysel were paltry, but that is a matter for the Belgium justice system.

None of which alters the fact that what happened at Hillsborough was a disgrace and a stain on the British justice system because of the way it treated (working class) football supporters. Hillsborough could have been us, let no one delude themselves that the tories, the police and the Murdoch press would have treated us any different.

covcity4life

anyone who brings up heysel when it comes to hillsbrough clearly has it in for liverpool. probably calls them murderers too.

Users who are viewing this thread