Torch's Counselling Thread (1 Viewer)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
If you send me a PM on Monday I will try and find out for you. :)
Hi SB, I managed to get hold of a good camera at last, thanks. It's "pre-loved" but in immaculate condition. It's a Canon EOS 550D. They're normally around the £500 mark but I got one for £239 including EFS 18-55mm lens.

torchomatic

Latest news is I will have to have some "intensive chemotherapy" at University Hospital as an in-patient for a couple of weeks in January sometime before having the transplant. No donor yet, my brother wasn't a match. I have to go to Heartlands next Friday to see this consultant guy who will talk about the process, etc.

covmark

Latest news is I will have to have some "intensive chemotherapy" at University Hospital as an in-patient for a couple of weeks in January sometime before having the transplant. No donor yet, my brother wasn't a match. I have to go to Heartlands next Friday to see this consultant guy who will talk about the process, etc.
All the best to you mate

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using Tapatalk

torchomatic

I reckon he would do a public signing for you as well? ;)

He can sit at the end of my bed anytime he likes! I wonder if we will see him tomorrow? ;)

torchomatic

That makes it read like I am going to be in your bed tomorrow?

I'm so sorry you said PM only didn't you?!

SkyBlueCoco88

Just seen this thread and like so many others can only wish you the best as we have been affected by terrible illnesses in our families. You positivity is inspirational though makes my rubbish day at work embarrassing at best! Keep your chin up and the support will be here from everyone

torchomatic

Just seen this thread and like so many others can only wish you the best as we have been affected by terrible illnesses in our families. You positivity is inspirational though makes my rubbish day at work embarrassing at best! Keep your chin up and the support will be here from everyone

Cheers Coco.

Gazolba

<snip>. I'm no expert but this type of health issue has become quite common these days [ Why ?, will we ever get any answers on that ? } <snip>
My theory is pretty much everything we eat, drink and touch, and the air we breathe contains poisons. Have a Happy Christmas! Just don't eat, drink or touch anything or breathe too deeply.

skyblueinBaku

Hi SB, I managed to get hold of a good camera at last, thanks. It's "pre-loved" but in immaculate condition. It's a Canon EOS 550D. They're normally around the £500 mark but I got one for £239 including EFS 18-55mm lens.
I've got similar, HH - a Canon 40D. The only thing 'iffy' about it is that it tends to under expose. For most shots I need to use the exposure compensation and adjust it up by just under one stop.

skyblueinBaku

Best of luck, Torchy.

torchomatic

More news today. I have to have a Hickman Line inserted first week in January. Sounds uncomfortable. Now stuff is happening it makes me realise how serious this thing is. December was a bit of a lull really, wandering down to Warwick Hospital having a weekly blood test and basically staying at home and chilling out all day, now it is starting to happen it is getting scary!

Nick

Administrator
More news today. I have to have a Hickman Line inserted first week in January. Sounds uncomfortable. Now stuff is happening it makes me realise how serious this thing is. December was a bit of a lull really, wandering down to Warwick Hospital having a weekly blood test and basically staying at home and chilling out all day, now it is starting to happen it is getting scary!

Just googled it, doesnt look nice. Although I guess its better than needles all the time!

torchomatic

Just googled it, doesnt look nice. Although I guess its better than needles all the time!

True. I'm sure it looks worse than it actually feels. Has to be in for a few weeks too.

trevelfarandwide

True. I'm sure it looks worse than it actually feels. Has to be in for a few weeks too.

Best of luck to you, mate; whether you believe in The Almighty or Jesus Christ or not, I'll include you in my prayers tonight. The Lord has truly been there for me during this past 3 years, where my life hasn't been touched by illness or ailment, but great turmoil, drug addiction and emotional upheaval. I gave myself to Him, and although I'm not by any means a 100% scripture-abiding Christian, the Lord has helped me. Truly. (Cue much ribbing and sarcastic remarks, but hey ho.)

Also, and I'm genuinely not being facetious here, have you looked into an alternative treatment? Chemotherapy is brutal, my friend, and there are many more 'veiled' treatments you could look into, depending on finances. The 'oxygen injection' method is an interesting one, look it up. Or indeed, homeopathic methods, which are not as hippy-ish and wimpy as people think; herbal treatment is indeed effective in Cancer cases, and believe me, I wouldn't suggest it unless it was. A relative of mine has had bowel cancer for almost 3 years now, she's a fighter, but it's the Chemo that's obstructing her recovery. Of course, it's my opinion, but I only ever make (odd) recommendations with a sincere heart.

God bless, hope you're doing ok by the way. :)

Houchens Head

Best of luck to you, mate; whether you believe in The Almighty or Jesus Christ or not, I'll include you in my prayers tonight. The Lord has truly been there for me during this past 3 years, where my life hasn't been touched by illness or ailment, but great turmoil, drug addiction and emotional upheaval. I gave myself to Him, and although I'm not by any means a 100% scripture-abiding Christian, the Lord has helped me. Truly. (Cue much ribbing and sarcastic remarks, but hey ho.)
God bless, hope you're doing ok by the way. :)
I am 100% total atheist and do not believe in any God whatsoever, but when someone comes along and offers to include someone in their prayers, I feel very humble. I sometimes wish I had a God to turn to sometimes, believe me, I've tried, but I just don't believe. I hope you don't get any ribbing or sarcastic remarks over your beliefs. It wouldn't be right. Stick with them. If they give you comfort in life then they must be doing some good. I'm sure Torchy will gain some comfort knowing a fellow City fan will be praying for him. I would, but as I said, I have no God to pray to. All the best.

trevelfarandwide

I am 100% total atheist and do not believe in any God whatsoever, but when someone comes along and offers to include someone in their prayers, I feel very humble. I sometimes wish I had a God to turn to sometimes, believe me, I've tried, but I just don't believe. I hope you don't get any ribbing or sarcastic remarks over your beliefs. It wouldn't be right. Stick with them. If they give you comfort in life then they must be doing some good. I'm sure Torchy will gain some comfort knowing a fellow City fan will be praying for him. I would, but as I said, I have no God to pray to. All the best.

Very gracious of you, HH, very gracious indeed. :) I know how difficult it is to actually BELIEVE in The Almighty, but I took the route via Jesus Christ, and through Him I've grown much closer to God. It's hard to describe, it's like a comforting sensation that washes over me when I ask The Lord for guidance, and all I did was put myself in His hands, completely. It's never too late to find Him, HH. :)

Again, thanks for your exceptionally gracious and compassionate words. God bless, and trust me, He is always with you. :)

bawtryneal

Apologies, I have only just caught up with this thread. Must have been on a different planet the last month
All the best to you and your family. Keep them involved and I am sure they will offer lots of support and comfort.
Your circumstances puts the rest of the nonsense we discuss on here into perspective.
All the best to you and let's all hope for a return to good health during 2017.

Houchens Head

Very gracious of you, HH, very gracious indeed. :) I know how difficult it is to actually BELIEVE in The Almighty, but I took the route via Jesus Christ, and through Him I've grown much closer to God. It's hard to describe, it's like a comforting sensation that washes over me when I ask The Lord for guidance, and all I did was put myself in His hands, completely. It's never too late to find Him, HH. :)

Again, thanks for your exceptionally gracious and compassionate words. God bless, and trust me, He is always with you. :)
I wouldn't like to get into a debate why I am an a total atheist, but let's just say I was brought up in a Catholic convent in the 1950's by extremely strict nuns and priests. So badly, in fact, that I wrote my autobiography to explain my childhood. I'm afraid God and Jesus abandoned me years ago, but these days, I have no problem with people who have their beliefs whether they be Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Sikh. I've been bitter against religion for most of my life but now I seem to have mellowed in my old age. :)

Houchens Head

Apologies, I have only just caught up with this thread. Must have been on a different planet the last month
All the best to you and your family. Keep them involved and I am sure they will offer lots of support and comfort.
Your circumstances puts the rest of the nonsense we discuss on here into perspective.
All the best to you and let's all hope for a return to good health during 2017.
Thanks for those kind words Bawtryneal! Means a lot ;)

Otis

Houchen's Head grows much closer to God with every heart attack. ;)

The Reverend Skyblue

Really sorry I've just noticed this thread as I rarely come on to these threads.
I hope all goes well in the coming month or so regarding treatments, I can promise you that you will be in my daily thoughts Torch, I know it might get pretty tough quite soon but I know you have the strength and the love of your family and friends to help you pull through this.
Keep positive and after February you will start the slow climb back to full health.

Best regards

trevelfarandwide

I wouldn't like to get into a debate why I am an a total atheist, but let's just say I was brought up in a Catholic convent in the 1950's by extremely strict nuns and priests. So badly, in fact, that I wrote my autobiography to explain my childhood. I'm afraid God and Jesus abandoned me years ago, but these days, I have no problem with people who have their beliefs whether they be Christian, Muslim, Hindu or Sikh. I've been bitter against religion for most of my life but now I seem to have mellowed in my old age. :)

Well, therein is the issue, HH. I too was raised Catholic and went to staunch, assimilating Catholic schools and regarded the entire Catholic doctrine repellent and oppressive. Knowing what I know now, about the foundations and true doctrines of the Catholic Church are, uh, well...can't say much without causing controversy, but take it from me, Catholicism is NOT what Christ called His Church. I'll leave it to you to interpret and research that as you wish.

Anyhoo, sorry for digressing, back on topic.

Users who are viewing this thread