Tony Mowbray confident targets will sign up when players start to come back for pre-season (1 Viewer)

ccfcway

Coventry City boss Tony Mowbray believes he will make progress on his summer transfer targets once clubs report back for pre-season.

The Sky Blues threadbare squad will return to Ryton for training next week when the manager is confident deals will start falling into place.

“Our players are back on the 30th and they’ll be training Thursday, Friday and Saturday morning,” said Mowbray.

“I think it’s a big day when Sky Sports starts rolling as players come back for training and then that creates an urgency with players phoning their advisors and asking ‘what’s going on –I need to get back to work because the players are back and I don’t want to be unfit and behind anyone else who might be in front of me.’

“So that’s a big day when clubs return to training and when a few get off the sofa and hopefully it will make some make some decisions move quicker.”

Asked if he’s close to completing any business, he said: “In terms of anyone signing the answer is no but in terms of progress then yes.

“I met another player in my office on Tuesday. He has got other choices, had met another club the day before so we have to wait and see.

“Ultimately these things will depend on a number of things, whether he just wants more money, whether he feels the football environment he’s coming into is going to give him more of a chance to be successful, whatever the reason.

“It’s continuing and I am due to sit down with another player before the weekend so while we haven’t actually signed anyone the conversations are going on.”

“But at some stage they need to go back to work and at some stage we need to put a team on the pitch.”

http://www.coventrytelegraph.net/sp...coventry-city-transfers-tony-mowbray-11514938

Users who are viewing this thread