Three girls (1 Viewer)

Nick

Administrator
Caught it on Goggle box as well and you could see the disgust the asian fellas had with it all. No doubt how the majority think (same goes for the woman at that meeting in the last episode).

Captain Dart

SlowerThanPlatt

DM are reporting that Darren Osborne developed his hatred of Muslims whilst watching Three Girls and wrote a note to Jeremy Corbyn and Lily Allen the night before the attack about the Rotherham grooming scandal.

Adge

Jeez! I recorded this and have just caught up with it:emoji_cry:. How the he'll did the authorities let these "victims" down so badly? I just hope lessons have been learned by all sides.
Unfortunately it happened to my niece but luckily the police and her parents(my sister and husband) managed to nip it in the bud before she was going to "meet her friend". All it takes is general chit chat initially and where do you live etc-what do your parents do for a job and unfortunately this is then a trap to use the line "I know where where you live and where your parents work" to manipulate them and have them in their grasp. And just for the record we are talking about an ordinary 14 year old who comes from a respectable family and background and wanted for nothing.

oakey

With social media platforms grooming is now so easy. All it takes is a lethal combination of cunning, patience and the gullibility of innocents. Thankfully, schools are now overtly teaching children about the methods used and how to stay safe but they are only kids and are no match for a devious adult. I'm a teacher and the stories I hear are horrendous, including grooming, sexting, trafficking, self harm and suicide attempts.
If you have kids I urge you to be vigilant. Stuff respecting their privacy, put every parental setting on their phones and insist on it being switched off at a certain time. Check it yourself regularly and be sure you know every name on their contact list. This is not scaremongering. The scale of this has not yet been realised.

oakey

Incidentally, the kids in my form are only 11 and many admit that their parents have no idea what they see, who they contact and what they are being exposed to.

Otis

Yep, big problem. My daughter has now been approached twice. Have taken Instagram off her and have set up Qustodio, a parental program where I can monitor what she is on and what she is doing.

She was only 11 first time when 3 sick paedophiles decided it was a really jolly idea to send her pics of their erect penises.

Kids are so desperate be in on and seen on social media they can be very sneaky unfortunately.

After the first incident I reported to Instagram and deleted her account.

I then set up a new account for her and told her in no uncertain terms that she could only have people she knew as followers.

Find out a few months later she secretly set up 5 more Instagram accounts too and on one of them every single follower was a grown adult male. Hence my now setting up the control program and banning Instagram for good.

She has always wanted Snapchat, but police have told me that is the worst of the lot.

You have to check your child's acoounts unfortunately. I started doing it, but then wished to give her a bit if freedom. The minute I did that the problems started to happen.

Timing wasn't at all great this last time either, resulting in my missing our Wembley cup final trip for the EFL Trophy.

Been the reason I went so quiet on here too for quite some time.

You have to be so, so careful and that is with me describing myself as a very vigilant parent on the whole.

She is still only 12, but has now got a boyfriend of 13 who I discover has already had sex with one other girl.

They are all trying to grow up so fast these days, yet are still filled with innocence. It is worrying. They are talking and behaving like adults, but are still so naive and innocent at the same time.

My daughter is a really good kid, but I have lost count now on the times I have had to delete acoounts and ban programs and delete 'friends' or followers.

All quite distressing and upsetting.

Nick

Administrator
Just say these blokes can meet up otis, just as there's a van full of people there to meet them ;)

Do the police not do anything at all?

Otis

Nope. As much for the reason that I nipped it all the bud immediately I think.

Instagram should have done something. They had all the info, all the IP addresses etc.

Never heard back from them.

Otis

There were other girls the police came out for the year previous, when the girls were all 10. Didn't affect my little un, but several girls had this lad 'Danny Boy' contact them on Instagram and he was clearly a paedophile and he was trying to get children to meet up with him.

Police came to the school and everything on that one. Don't know what the outcome was though. All went quiet, but as I say, my girl wasn't involved.

Last edited:

Otis

Interesting to note also on the kids trying to grow up too fast, last week we went to Allesley Park and saw a bunch of kids. They were 11 tops. Most looked about 10.

They didn't look or sound like what you would describe 'rough' kids, but they were all talking about social media and especially about being on and using Snapchat. Snapchat's recommended user age is 14.

They also had a portable speaker and were playing rap/hip hop with what you would say is very much inappropriate lyrics and themes for 10 year olds. Very much adult content. Guns and bitches and that kind of thing.

Sick Boy

I was 14...this was in '99 though, not the '50s. ;)

In all seriousness, sorry to hear all that Otis, sounds horrific. Why was she creating so many Instagram accounts and why one with only adult men following her? Hope all is better.

I think I'd adopt the Tony Soprano approach, out there it is 2017 but in this house it's 1955!

Last edited:

Otis

I was 14...this was in '99 though, not the '50s. ;)

In all seriousness, sorry to hear all that Otis, sounds horrific. Why was she creating so many Instagram accounts and why one with only adult men following her? Hope all is better.

I think I'd adopt the Tony Soprano approach, out there it is 2017 but in this house it's 1955!
Because she is naive and thought it a good idea to talk to lots of different people. She didn't target men, but set up an account and it was all men who followed her.

She had a normal account, a beauty account, a gaming account and not sure on the other two.

Still haven't forgiven her for my missing the cup final. Ticket still sat stuck on shelf in the kitchen.

Otis

Cheers, Vow.

Yeah, was a bit shitey. And then on the day I reminded my daughter of what she had made me miss and she just came out with 'I don't know what the problem is, it's on TV isn't it?'

Grrrr!!!!!! ;)

oakey

Really sorry to hear of your experiences on this, Otis. Good of you to share this as others need to know. Thankfully my kids are grown up and missed all of this. Parents need to hear these stories as the majority have no idea. They worry about their kids when they're out the house and give them a phone thinking this will help keep them safe.
Of course the opposite is true. They are not safe in their own homes with these devices exposing them to all kinds of horrors. Sadly, it's too late to change the mindset of parents who think their kids NEED a phone. We can only now educate them in their use but I am horrified by the direction we are heading in.

On another note I was in our local park for over an hour on Saturday late morning. I did not see even one child over the age of 7. Where are all the children and teens on a Saturday morning in June?

Otis

Cheers, Oakey.

I didn't let my daughter have a phone until she was 11. Wish now I had left it longer.

They are so naïve at 10-12, yet try so hard to act grown up and there's some very dodgy people out there lurking on social media sites.

Heard so many worrying tales and this is just from one year group at one single school.

Otis

I did want to talk about it on here and share with fellow posters at the time, but really didn't want to piss on anyone's parade for the cup final and for once this place was full of joy and high spirits.

I loved watching the game on TV but felt none of the euphoria that was obviously on display in the Wembley stands and coming back home. Felt I really missed out on the ambience and feel good factor.

Had to stay home though. It was the right and proper thing to do.

Adge

I did want to talk about it on here and share with fellow posters at the time, but really didn't want to piss on anyone's parade for the cup final and for once this place was full of joy and high spirits.

I loved watching the game on TV but felt none of the euphoria that was obviously on display in the Wembley stands and coming back home. Felt I really missed out on the ambience and feel good factor.

Had to stay home though. It was the right and proper thing to do.
And you were dead right to stay at home. At the end of the day it's a game of football-never mind what Shankley or whoever it was said.

chiefdave

Sorry to hear what's bee going on Otis. I really struggle to get my head round things like this. I can kind of see a mid 20s chap hooking up with a 15 year old girl who is in a club on a fake ID or something similar but targeting girls of 10 and 11 is just incomprehensible to me.

I wouldn't randomly message people I've met a couple of times on social media let alone complete strangers.

Otis

Sorry to hear what's bee going on Otis. I really struggle to get my head round things like this. I can kind of see a mid 20s chap hooking up with a 15 year old girl who is in a club on a fake ID or something similar but targeting girls of 10 and 11 is just incomprehensible to me.

I wouldn't randomly message people I've met a couple of times on social media let alone complete strangers.

Yep, unfathomable isn't it.

When I looked at some of the usernames they were stuff like Suck My Dick and Pussy Whore. My daughter thought it was all a joke. Hard for us as adults to comprehend that for sure as it seems bleedin obvious, but for a naive 11 year old it's something different. These are the sort of silly playground names they throw at each other to try and impress, but of course we all know when that's an adult's username and he's talking to children it's quite another thing entirely.

lifeskyblue

Sorry to hear all that you and your daughter been through. Very worrying times for teenagers and their parents with the internet and social media. Having got four grown up daughters I am thankful we got through the last few years pretty much unscathed. Our son, who is the youngest, is still going through the teenage years and is on snapchat etc. We are worried and always try and balance his freedom with our intrusion; it has caused a few arguments between him and us but we are able to talk it through.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Otis

Sorry to hear all that you and your daughter been through. Very worrying times for teenagers and their parents with the internet and social media. Having got four grown up daughters I am thankful we got through the last few years pretty much unscathed. Our son, who is the youngest, is still going through the teenage years and is on snapchat etc. We are worried and always try and balance his freedom with our intrusion; it has caused a few arguments between him and us but we are able to talk it through.

You have to don't you, lifeskyblue. It's the only way. I always try and talk through the reasoning of saying no rather than just say no and always try to be rational and calm in my explanations.

Ian1779

My Daughter is 8 - she doesn't have a phone as yet, but some of her friends do already. She's not having one until she gets to secondary school and she has accepted it... for now.

It's hard enough as it is now and she only has a tablet for playing games and watching You Tube videos.. but I've found you have to be vigilant with them. My son is 6 and loves watching these videos where they open surprise Eggs (Kinder Egg style) - but I noticed one he wanted to watch which had a similar title to the others but had some content that was someone pretending to hang themselves with a rope????? Reported the video but nothing has been done about it.

IMO companies like Facebook, You Tube, Snapchat and Instagram need to start taking a lot more responsibility for managing their content.

lifeskyblue

You have to don't you, lifeskyblue. It's the only way. I always try and talk through the reasoning of saying no rather than just say no and always try to be rational and calm in my explanations.

Absolutely you do. My wife found a condom in the purse of our eldest (then 15 now 31)...she was ready to hit the roof but we discussed it and sat our eldest down and talked through all the issues. It turned out it was more a case of bravado and wanting to show off to her friends but also some responsibility as she had started going out with a lad. We spoke to the boys parents and took a joint approach of talking to the teenagers and being supportive re their relationship without being stifling.
Of course it's also important to remember we were all teenagers once and pushed the boundaries where we could. I wouldn't expect my kids, especially now they are grown up, to tell me all their secrets (and I do hope they experiment with life) but I would hope all would feel confident enough to come and chat with me and the wife if they wanted to.

covcity4life

Yep, big problem. My daughter has now been approached twice. Have taken Instagram off her and have set up Qustodio, a parental program where I can monitor what she is on and what she is doing.

She was only 11 first time when 3 sick paedophiles decided it was a really jolly idea to send her pics of their erect penises.

Kids are so desperate be in on and seen on social media they can be very sneaky unfortunately.

After the first incident I reported to Instagram and deleted her account.

I then set up a new account for her and told her in no uncertain terms that she could only have people she knew as followers.

Find out a few months later she secretly set up 5 more Instagram accounts too and on one of them every single follower was a grown adult male. Hence my now setting up the control program and banning Instagram for good.

She has always wanted Snapchat, but police have told me that is the worst of the lot.

You have to check your child's acoounts unfortunately. I started doing it, but then wished to give her a bit if freedom. The minute I did that the problems started to happen.

Timing wasn't at all great this last time either, resulting in my missing our Wembley cup final trip for the EFL Trophy.

Been the reason I went so quiet on here too for quite some time.

You have to be so, so careful and that is with me describing myself as a very vigilant parent on the whole.

She is still only 12, but has now got a boyfriend of 13 who I discover has already had sex with one other girl.

They are all trying to grow up so fast these days, yet are still filled with innocence. It is worrying. They are talking and behaving like adults, but are still so naive and innocent at the same time.

My daughter is a really good kid, but I have lost count now on the times I have had to delete acoounts and ban programs and delete 'friends' or followers.

All quite distressing and upsetting.

mate you need to put an end to this relationship asap. a 13 yo kid having sex? thats not right. hes not a lad or good on him. its pathetic

stop your daughter deciding its her time at 12 or even 13!

it could be a downward slope from there, drinking,smoking,drugs etc

oakey

Just a reminder ...

Documentary of the case was on BBC1 at 8.30 on Monday.
The betrayed girls
You can see it in iplayer

Users who are viewing this thread