Period
American 'Culture'
Saccar
Cont
Baseball caps the wrong way round
Gluttony
Facebook braggers
SISU

Farage? Corbyn. Cameron. Sturgeon Chakrabhati. Stephen Hawking, Jeremy Kyle, homes under the hammer, Gloria hunniford and Angela Rippon. Simon Cowell
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammong, James May.

Tbc

wingy

The get go.
Period
American 'Culture'
Saccar
Cont
Baseball caps the wrong way round
Gluttony
Facebook braggers
SISU

Farage? Corbyn. Cameron. Sturgeon Chakrabhati. Stephen Hawking, Jeremy Kyle, homes under the hammer, Gloria hunniford and Angela Rippon. Simon Cowell
Jeremy Clarkson, Richard Hammong, James May.

Tbc
We didn't start the fire. :-o

Captain Dart

NRA

NorthernWisdom

(Prompted by a thread on here reminding me)

People who say 'No offence' before or after telling you something which, absolutely, they know full well is going to cause offence.

So why say it? Or if you must say it, why follow with no offence? Surely you should at least be upfront and say how you absolutely mean to cause as much offense as possible?

Macca

Was that the drug dealer?

Yep. Thoroughly nasty piece of shit. Don't mourn anyone like that. Though because he is from a minority background we have the usual appeals for calm. Please don't riot because a self proclaimed gangster who dealt in violence misery and intimidation has been eliminated from your community. Fucking annoys me

Captain Dart

Yep. Thoroughly nasty piece of shit. Don't mourn anyone like that. Though because he is from a minority background we have the usual appeals for calm. Please don't riot because a self proclaimed gangster who dealt in violence misery and intimidation has been eliminated from your community. Fucking annoys me
Did you see the address he lived at 10 CCTV cameras covering the front of the house! Go figure.

Bumberclart

This

M62 police shooting: Yassar Yaqub's family attend vigil - BBC News

Communities feeling wronged by the death of a scumbag

He was shot less than half a mile from my house. The guy was an utter shitbag who was involved in major drug dealing and gang activity.
Local people from his area seem to be trying to portray him as some sort of saint.

I also hate 'community leaders' referring to similarities between him and Mark Duggan in order to stir up tension. His skin colour and religion are irrelevant, he was a scumbag who got what he deserved.

trevelfarandwide

Another thing that annoys me is girlfriends sisters who refuse to take part in threesomes.

They want to, but they're just selfish.

trevelfarandwide

Sean Paul, the alleged singer, really annoys me. Not him personally, just his chosen style of singing...all I hear is "Allybobbadeebarindabobbydardeeeeeear!" whenever his less-than dulcet tones appear over the car radio...maybe it's my age, dunno, but his singing really gripes me. In fact it gripes my 4 year old too, she says "Dad I can't stand him, his singing makes me angry." :)

Nick

Administrator
The silly old twat this morning who decided that on a 50 road to pull out without looking cutting people up and then drive at 25 - 30 and then when I overtake him he sits flashing his lights and waving his arms about.

trevelfarandwide

The silly old twat this morning who decided that on a 50 road to pull out without looking cutting people up and then drive at 25 - 30 and then when I overtake him he sits flashing his lights and waving his arms about.

I had a similar incident around New Year, on my way to Brecon to see family. 50mph stretch, junctions on either side, some old fool in a Fiesta pulls out at 10mph on the right hand junction, cutting up oncoming traffic and there's me expecting him to speed up a bit when he's out of the junction and in the left hand lane...nope...still going 10mph, and I had to brake like a maniac to avoid rear-ending him.

What made it worse, was that he flicked the V's at me and looked genuinely bemused why I was honking and losing my mind at him.

Fair enough, most people between 60 and 70 still retain some of their coordination and reflexes/judgement etc, but after that, it's laughable that the government don't introduce mandatory yearly tests to see if that person is still fit to drive a car.

Nick

Administrator
I had a similar incident around New Year, on my way to Brecon to see family. 50mph stretch, junctions on either side, some old fool in a Fiesta pulls out at 10mph on the right hand junction, cutting up oncoming traffic and there's me expecting him to speed up a bit when he's out of the junction and in the left hand lane...nope...still going 10mph, and I had to brake like a maniac to avoid rear-ending him.

What made it worse, was that he flicked the V's at me and looked genuinely bemused why I was honking and losing my mind at him.

Fair enough, most people between 60 and 70 still retain some of their coordination and reflexes/judgement etc, but after that, it's laughable that the government don't introduce mandatory yearly tests to see if that person is still fit to drive a car.

They are much more dangerous than me doing 47 on a 40 dual carriage way. They have absolutely no idea what's going on around them.

trevelfarandwide

They are much more dangerous than me doing 47 on a 40 dual carriage way. They have absolutely no idea what's going on around them.

Sums it up perfectly, Nick. Yes, they're old, yes they should still have independence, but so many older OAP's have no cognizance of what they're doing, or rather what they're NOT doing. No mirror checks, nothing.

I_Saw_Shaw_Score

Live: Teen who killed mum in taxi horror crash is sentenced

Sentencings again!

Drives drunk with no insurance or licence at 65 in a 40 kills somebody and She will be out at the age of 20.

The system is so so wrong!

"
Judge issues sentence
In handing out the sentence, the judge said: “I have to have regard to the guidelines that are placed down for this type of case.

“You were driving at night, at excess speed for a significant period of time.

“This is in the upper part of the category of cases of careless driving.”

Taking into account her guilty plea and the psychiatric evaluation which said she may be more vulnerable than others in prison, Bartlett was handed three years in a young offenders institution.

She will serve half of that time, with the rest being served on licence.

She was also disqualified for driving for two years, with an extra order of 18 months disqualification for her time in prison. She has also been told that any driving test she takes will be an extended one."

Gazolba

On a 50 road, 50 is the maximum speed, not the recommended speed. You are supposed to drive at a speed safe for the conditions, not necessarily 50. If someone is driving legally at a slower speed, you should have plenty of time to slow down and then overtake them whenever it is safe to do so. If you cannot do that, you are driving too fast even if you are going less than 50. There is way too much road rage on the roads now.

Gazolba

Sums it up perfectly, Nick. Yes, they're old, yes they should still have independence, but so many older OAP's have no cognizance of what they're doing, or rather what they're NOT doing. No mirror checks, nothing.
I find it's mostly younger people who do those things, not older people. Older people are far safer drivers, that is why insurance companies insure them for much less. Younger people are far more likely to be drunk or distracted or texting.

Nick

Administrator
On a 50 road, 50 is the maximum speed, not the recommended speed. You are supposed to drive at a speed safe for the conditions, not necessarily 50. If someone is driving legally at a slower speed, you should have plenty of time to slow down and then overtake them whenever it is safe to do so. If you cannot do that, you are driving too fast even if you are going less than 50. There is way too much road rage on the roads now.

Yes, what happens after they have just pulled out without looking and carry on driving at about 25 in a 50 when it is perfectly safe to do 40 - 45?

trevelfarandwide

I find it's mostly younger people who do those things, not older people. Older people are far safer drivers, that is why insurance companies insure them for much less. Younger people are far more likely to be drunk or distracted or texting.

If you read my remarks correctly, mate, I clearly stated that there are many older drivers who are still good drivers, it's just that when drivers are over 70, their reflexes, coordination and motor skills are reduced by over 50%.

I'm 37 and am a particularly careful driver, and yes, I've seen many young driver in absurd little cars performing idiotic manouvers and disregarding the rules of the road. But NEVER have I been closer to an accident than when I've encountered an old person driving erratically or driving in a manner that's oblivious to other drivers.

Dangerous drivers are both young and old though, but in very different ways.

Sick Boy

Completely disagree with you.

Gazolba

Completely disagree with you.
And I completely disagree with you and the insurance companies strongly agree with me and disagree with you also.

Users who are viewing this thread