Things Fall Apart - CCFC film on now at the old CET building (1 Viewer)

skybluedunc

A heads up for anyone who might be interested...

I have a short film called Things Fall Apart showing in Coventry at the moment. It's a film about the emotional impact of the exile to Northampton in the 2013/14 season. It's showing in an art exhibition at the old CET building on Corporation St, 11am - 6pm every day through to Sunday 22nd Oct.
Free parking in the CET car park off Chapel St.

Sunday coming is the last Sunday, I hope a few people can make it. I definitely recommend having a good look around the old CET building whilst you're there, it's a fascinating piece of Cov history. It's a massive building, so if you ask the folk on reception for the sky blues film, they'll direct you how to get there.

Oh, and it's FREE to get in. No need to book, just turn up.

Otis

Yep, been mentioned in another thread. Definitely going to go and have a look.

Gazolba

A heads up for anyone who might be interested...

I have a short film called Things Fall Apart showing in Coventry at the moment. It's a film about the emotional impact of the exile to Northampton in the 2013/14 season. It's showing in an art exhibition at the old CET building on Corporation St, 11am - 6pm every day through to Sunday 22nd Oct.
Free parking in the CET car park off Chapel St.

Sunday coming is the last Sunday, I hope a few people can make it. I definitely recommend having a good look around the old CET building whilst you're there, it's a fascinating piece of Cov history. It's a massive building, so if you ask the folk on reception for the sky blues film, they'll direct you how to get there.

Oh, and it's FREE to get in. No need to book, just turn up.
Why not make the film available online (on YouTube?) for folks who cannot get to Coventry?

skybluedunc

Why not make the film available online (on YouTube?) for folks who cannot get to Coventry?

I put a lot of effort into how the film sounds, and unfortunately all of that gets lost on YouTube etc. I'm trying to make a certain kind of experience, and a bit like watching something in the cinema the experience isn't the same watching it at home on your PC or whatever. Maybe sometime in the future, but for the moment its not likely...

CJ_covblaze

Went today and it's really good. Great work Dunc. Sad to see a building with so much history so quiet and empty though.

skybluedunc

Went today and it's really good. Great work Dunc. Sad to see a building with so much history so quiet and empty though.

cheers. I know what you mean about the building, that place would've been a hive of activity for many, many years. Somebody told me the other day how many papers per day they were printing off the presses in there in the 60's, I can't remember the numbers now but it was something phenomenal

Users who are viewing this thread