Theo Wharton and Samba Diakite (1 Viewer)

Captain Dart

Samba looks more like the beast you need in midfield in this bloody league.

Esoterica

Samba looks more like the beast you need in midfield in this bloody league.
Don't normally judge players by their stats but 77 appearances at the age of 27 is awful! Smacks of a lack of ambition to me unless he's had serious injuries and then either way, is he the right person for a League 1 relegation scrap?

Last edited:

shy_tall_knight

Marcus has played more games than both of these over the last three seasons, I recognise we are desperate with limited funds but can't see what these will add

Dimi_Konstantflapalot

Seem to remember Diakite coming in for a load of criticism in that QPR relegation season in 2012/13. One of a number of players at the time on inflated wages (Bosingwa, SWP, Taarabt etc) giving half-arsed performances and was outcast by Redknapp, barely played 2nd half of the season.

Looks like he bled his QPR contract dry and no-one’s touched him with a bargepole since the summer. May well add quality in League 1 and still only 27. Would we be prepared to gamble? I don’t know. Lots of questions over his fitness and commitment to the cause I think, though we are rapidly approaching last-chance saloon.

Cavan O'Doherty

A fit Diakite would be quality at this level but it's whether or not we have time to mess around with players who aren't fit. We need players who can come in and play straight away

andyboy81

Seem to remember Diakite coming in for a load of criticism in that QPR relegation season in 2012/13. One of a number of players at the time on inflated wages (Bosingwa, SWP, Taarabt etc) giving half-arsed performances and was outcast by Redknapp, barely played 2nd half of the season.

Looks like he bled his QPR contract dry and no-one’s touched him with a bargepole since the summer. May well add quality in League 1 and still only 27. Would we be prepared to gamble? I don’t know. Lots of questions over his fitness and commitment to the cause I think, though we are rapidly approaching last-chance saloon.

Being on inflated wages is hardly the players fault. QPR did that with alot of players at one point and couldn't get them off the books as nobody wanted to pay anything near what they were.

In all honesty, if most of us were in the same position we would stay and see the contract out!

skybluedan

I mean that's the point of trials seeing if there fit , and up for it is it not ? If there not so be it
But one does look like the beast we need

trevelfarandwide

I do trust RS's judgement, he seems the sort of guy who won't just give any old mercenary a contract...let's see how the lads do, and if they're up to the task, I'm sure RS can be trusted to make the right call.

higgs

We need a beast in the middle a midfield general

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk

Great_Expectations

Diakite is a good player, I just worry a little about fitness and attitude.

Still, that's the point of trials and I'm pleased RS is making use of that option. That's four potential signings today, which once again shows a) it can be done and b) he doesn't mess around.

ecky

Don't normally judge players by their stats but 77 appearances at the age of 27 is awful! Smacks of a lack of ambition to me unless he's had serious injuries and then either way, is he the right person for a League 1 relegation scrap?
Maybe out of the Henderson mould?

Brylowes

Hopefully they impress and we sign them up, can't help thinking it's too little too late though.

wingy

On the basis of what's transpired up to now have we spent any of the budget surplus saved over from the summer?

steve82

Samba Diakité sounds like a waste of time... sent off on his full debut for Watford and seen red for a 2nd yellow in half hour for QPR.

This is my first post, so please go easy!

I have a mate who’s a QPR nut (follows them home and away, and has done so for years), so I mailed him yesterday and asked what he knows about Samba Diakite.

This is his reply, verbatim…

“Hardly played for us. Sending off waiting to happen. Cannot tackle to save his life. Sent off on his debut after 20 mins. Went on loan to Watford and was sent off on his debut. Also had some mental health issues we think as well. Would not touch him with a barge pole.”

CovisGod

Your right, Fernandinho has just been sent off 3 times in 6 games for Man City, terrible player, will probably never play for them again......

I'm not sure how a view about a player could change due to a couple of sendings off ? Especially on debuts ? Maybe he was over excited, really wanted to show he was committed so was a bit over zealous, how do you know his temperament hasn't been worked on ?

Surely we should give any player a chance to prove themselves here

shmmeee

I liked this one:

With the ball at his feet, Diakite looks a proper player. Without it, he's hilarious - his collection of random assaults on Fulham players that was his debut is one of the most entertaining things I've ever seen at Loftus Road.

Nick

Administrator
Can we not sign him for 1 game to watch him just take out the opposition?

giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Users who are viewing this thread