The Walking Dead - Season 7 (1 Viewer)

ajsccfc

Decent episode, although a few downers: the cheesy grinfest from people who've still just had friends and loved ones killed, Lucille catching a bullet like Derren Brown, Carol and Morgan being dull, showing us the Kingdom but no Ezekiel and tiger, and most importantly Negan being clean shaven. That just looks weird.

Otis

Decent episode, although a few downers: the cheesy grinfest from people who've still just had friends and loved ones killed, Lucille catching a bullet like Derren Brown, Carol and Morgan being dull, showing us the Kingdom but no Ezekiel and tiger, and most importantly Negan being clean shaven. That just looks weird.
Maggie also appears overly chirpy.

Don't get all the big smiles at all.

Daryl is a mental mess, another two Alexandrians just got topped, Eugene has just been taken and there was also still the two very gruesome deaths of Glen and Abraham to mourn.

Understand the steely determination. Don't get the buddy, buddy beaming grins.

Carol has become increasingly dull for sure. Yes, we get we are waiting for the explosion, but come on, just how many episodes has it been now of the dull, lonely widow?

chiefdave

So now that run has finished is it worth going back and watching them, gave up when it all went mental with Carol.

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Disappointed with last night's episode. Typically though, they leave it on a cliff-hanger. Which one of them will take out Negan? Has Eugene walked his last few steps? When will it return?

Otis

Very glad that .....
Spencer was topped
but am now wondering what at all his point was at all. Was at least expecting Negan to give him a go and us all watch him totally fook it all
up.

Never known such a pointless, annoying character, which such longevity before.

Glad he's
dead
though.

ajsccfc

Who does that leave of the Alexandrians? I can only think of Aaron, his boyfriend who appears once every five years and Missing Black Guy

covcity4life

final 30 mins was good
yeah lucille catching bullet is bit silly but it was done well, least they didnt show him throw her up in defence like she is a lightsabre

Sky_Blue_Daz

Slow, long and boring
Work was pretty tedious too

SkyBlueScottie

So, not the greatest season so far, I cant see why it was so slow for a time and then piled in a load of stuff for the mid season break. Daryl's escape could have been an episode itself. Carols scenes could have been added to another episode which would have at least told the story that some people are unhappy and want to fight Negan. Im not sure who edited it all but they need to up their game its been very disjointed.

Sky_Blue_Daz

Starts again Monday night

Can't stand mid season breaks

But looking forward to its return

Houchens Head

Well! Who did Rick smile at, at the end of that? Carol maybe? Or Gabriel the Vicar?

Otis

Well! Who did Rick smile at, at the end of that? Carol maybe? Or Gabriel the Vicar?
Yep
Would say the latter, but it could have been Carol I suppose.

Makes sense that Gabriel took the food to this new group as a peace offering and to get them on his side.

Possibly Gabriel AND Carol, somehow working in tandem.

The third option is Morgan and that he's been keeping everything up his sleeve, but the obvious one is Gabriel. Why else would he take all that food? And who else was in the car with him at the start of the episode?

Good episode and the soundtrack was very intense, which knocked it all up a notch too.

Otis

Hmmm, not sure I buy the internet chatter to be honest.

General opinion seems to be that Rick is just smiling at potential. The potential of a large group of possible allies.

Sounds a tad ridiculous that, because they could simply just kill the whole Alexandrian group right there where they stand, as has happened throughout the whole show. Shoot now, ask questions later.

Bit lame I think, that angle.

Otis

Unanimous verdict with no dissenters I see on the one simple 'He sees potential' theory.

I think that is poor if it is indeed the case.

1. How does anyone known that this new group have encountered the Saviours, or even are aware of them?

2. If they have encountered them, what's to say they have been wronged by them? What if they are affiliated with them?

Doesn't make sense that theory to me, because Rick has no idea if they are friendly, hostile, or whether or not they are going to be killed right there as they stand.

The King turned Rick down, what's to say that this new group wouldn't do exactly the same.

Think the whole thing only works if there is the group and then Rick spots Carol or Gabriel at the back of the group. That gives him the link, the hope, the potential.

As it stands these are just an armed , hostile group who could wipe out Rick's gang in an instant.

Rather disappointed if it is just as has been suggested, that Rick sees potential, without knowing if this group would ever be onboard or have ever even heard of the Saviours.

ajsccfc

It's got to be Gabriel surely? He left them a note leading them right there, unless he's dyslexic, found a farm and meant to say GOAT.

Gregory said no to fighting as did Ezekiel and for the exact same reasons, but boo Greg and yay Zeke for some reason?

SkyBlueScottie

A nice start, lets just get it out of the way though, we could have seen a bit of this in the earlier episodes. However a decent episode, progression made or otherwise with other communities, a reminder of the threat from The Saviours, I cant wait to see the Lieutenant fella get done in. The clothesline from hell scene with Rick and Michonne was excellent. The reactions to the tiger also made me snigger.

Otis

I liked it, but did think it was the great background music that made it. Really cranked the tension up.

Might help because I watch it with my headphones on and then the music is all heightened and bassy.

skybluegod

Preferred this episode to last, developed the story nicely, not a huge amount of action, but it's built it up more.

For all those asking why he was smiling, Rick is literally asked that in the episode. Exactly as predicted really, it made sense.

Will talk more once everyone has watched it tonight

Houchens Head

Well, that was a pile of shite! Not sure if I'll bother watching too much more. It's all going downhill very fast!

Otis

Is it no better?
We are now in the realms of the odd talking leaders, first the Rasta king and now the bowl hair cutted, Mad Maxine.

Also, Carol needs to put down her novel and knitting, stop making hearty soups and go kick some ass.

Definitely some padding to be found again last night.

Last edited:

Nick

Administrator
We are now in the realms of the odd talking leaders, first the Rasta king and now the bowl hair cutted, Mad Maxine.

Also, Carol needs to put down her novel and knitting, stop making hearty soups and go kick some ass.

Definitely some padding to be found again last night.

I stopped at the one where he had a tiger I think and haven't bothered watching since.

From what I keep reading I should probably delete them off series link too.

Otis

Yeah. I am sorry, but I didn't hear hardly anything Mad Maxine was saying and just kept staring at that ridiculous fringe.

I thought that Ezekiel was the comedy, pantomime character, but now I am not so sure.

Pudding Bowl Girl takes the biscuit.

'The boat things you took, got taken.

Your words now.

Want something now.

We take, we don't bother.

Guns, a lot.

Guns and jars. Jars and guns.'

WTF?

Houchens Head

I struggled to hear what she was on about as well Otis. Nearly caused a big row! I turned the TV up so I could catch what she was bangin' on about and the missus glares across at me and says, "Do you HAVE to have it so loud?" Jeez!

skybluegod

Surprised, that people didn't like it, didn't have a problem with it personally, and understood it all.
One character that is pissing me off is Rosita, everyone wants Negan dead, yet she just wants to get it done in the flip of a switch, which clearly isn't going to happen, I understood her being pissed off at first, but she seemed to be coming around to the fact that the group needed to bide it's time and get ready to strike back.
As she put it herself, 'we both only shagged the same dead guy', it doesn't mean she has to be some loose cannon, that's already got another two people killed and Eugene taken.

Rant over.

But Yeah I enjoyed the episode, thought it gave us a lot more in terms of story, in the way that we have now found an ally strong enough and willing enough to fight. Rick is clearly back to being himself, and the Kingdom is clearly edging closer and closer to war with the Saviours.

Users who are viewing this thread