The Walking Dead - Season 7 (2 Viewers)

Houchens Head

Fairly well known member from Malvern
Am I the only one on here that's never seen Game of Thrones? I've seen one or two trailers and it just doesn't appeal to me at all. Anyway, apart from that, has anyone been watching Fear the Walking Dead. Not a patch on the main TWD, but it's okay.

stupot07

Am I the only one on here that's never seen Game of Thrones? I've seen one or two trailers and it just doesn't appeal to me at all. Anyway, apart from that, has anyone been watching Fear the Walking Dead. Not a patch on the main TWD, but it's okay.
No, you're not the only one.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

skybluegod

Nope never watched it, doesn't appeal to me at all.
Although I said that at first about the walking dead, and then suddenly I watched one episode. And now I I have watched it all the way through about 6 times

Otis

I would recommend it and that's coming from a bloke who doesn't go for sword and sorcery stuff and fantasy kingdoms and battles etc.

It's so much more than that though. A lot of plotting and intrigue and richly drawn characters.

You might be surprised if you gave it a go.

Houchens Head

I would recommend it and that's coming from a bloke who doesn't go for sword and sorcery stuff and fantasy kingdoms and battles etc.

It's so much more than that though. A lot of plotting and intrigue and richly drawn characters.

You might be surprised if you gave it a go.
You're like me Otis, whereby I like a good plot, but I find these fantasy things really hard to follow. I much prefer a good thriller, psychological or otherwise. Even my missus, who is absolutely nuts about fantasy films and books such as Tolkien's stuff and films like Snow White and the Huntsmen, vampire stories etc, said she couldn't get into GoT at all and gave up after one episode. Have to say, (going slightly off topic here), we've been watching Band of Brothers on Kodi. We both thought it was brilliant. Then we noticed how old it was! Made in 2001! Wonder why I'd not heard of it before? It's a 2nd world war story, based on actual events. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Stars Damien Lewis and also in a small role, Michael Cudlitz (Abraham from TWD). (How's that for a Walking Dead link! ;-) )

skybluegod

You're like me Otis, whereby I like a good plot, but I find these fantasy things really hard to follow. I much prefer a good thriller, psychological or otherwise. Even my missus, who is absolutely nuts about fantasy films and books such as Tolkien's stuff and films like Snow White and the Huntsmen, vampire stories etc, said she couldn't get into GoT at all and gave up after one episode. Have to say, (going slightly off topic here), we've been watching Band of Brothers on Kodi. We both thought it was brilliant. Then we noticed how old it was! Made in 2001! Wonder why I'd not heard of it before? It's a 2nd world war story, based on actual events. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. Stars Damien Lewis and also in a small role, Michael Cudlitz (Abraham from TWD). (How's that for a Walking Dead link! ;-) )

Band of brothers was my favourite series before walking dead. Brilliant.
If you liked that. Then HBO did another series like it called -the Pacific- which is very similar and made by the same people, but as the name suggests it is about the battle in the Pacific Ocean against the Japanese.

RegTheDonk

Good post, have to agree with a lot of that.

Rick and Daryl really make it for me too. And if Daryl is ever killed off which seems likely as everyone is expendable in this series, then I might just shed a tear.
With regards to you asking about Daryl's back story, Norman Reedus, just recently gave an interview, where he said that the directors had originally planned to kill him off, and that he was meant to be exactly like his brother. He was supposed to be anti-social, racist and aggressive, but he changes the role himself, and it has clearly worked.
I think Glenn was a big loss, but it is what makes the series so great, Glenn was always the one that seemed to balance the group for me, and was always the voice of reason, when Daryll and Rick were pissed.

How about when Rick bites the guys throats out when he is in the bear hug? That is one hell of a scene.

What is amazing about this series, is that to me it's very realistic, in the sense, you see the lengths that people will go to survive and the mental effect that it has on ordinary people. In most zombie films, all humans get along and try to survive whereas this truly shows people's selfish nature, and the development of different factions.

The girl scene didn't effect me too much personally, but the young girl you talk about played the role really well tbf to her, to act so dark and so convincingly is impressive.

I agree on Negan as well, a character that people love to hate, and he really is a sick Son of a bitch. In the comics I have been told he survives and is chucked in jail, but I just don't see that happening in the tv show, as he has pissed off, Maggie, Rick, Daryl, Tara and Rosita, to the point where they all want to kill him.
And as Rick has promised him. He will kill him, so will be interesting to see how it develops. Role on October.

Cheers god, yes agree with that, we always see the non-dead in horror films as the good guys, all doing the right thing. Never mind zombies, take away the government and the police and it wouldn't be long before anarchy reigned, despite initial good intentions. Glad to see Normal Reedus was able to shape his character he's definitely one that would be missed. Also spot on with Glenn - with Rick swinging between the good and the dark side, Glenn was the big moral compass and showed the most vision. His decision to abandon Rick and take Maggie along with Abraham and Eugene to Washington showed he wasn't comfortable with the way Rick was turning out, both in the way of leadership and morals, and he wanted to find some resolution for the future and not just bum around surviving. He was so good they had to kill him twice :D

Chap at work, who initially told me to get into TWD, gave this prequel a go but he said it was a bit soapish and even slower...he watched about a dozen episodes and gave up.
On GOT, loved Series 1 but got a bit confused after that, so I stopped. I'm going to give it a proper shot though next week, on the head of Otis, so I'll be blaming him for any loss of my life :)

Otis

Cheers god, yes agree with that, we always see the non-dead in horror films as the good guys, all doing the right thing. Never mind zombies, take away the government and the police and it wouldn't be long before anarchy reigned, despite initial good intentions. Glad to see Normal Reedus was able to shape his character he's definitely one that would be missed. Also spot on with Glenn - with Rick swinging between the good and the dark side, Glenn was the big moral compass and showed the most vision. His decision to abandon Rick and take Maggie along with Abraham and Eugene to Washington showed he wasn't comfortable with the way Rick was turning out, both in the way of leadership and morals, and he wanted to find some resolution for the future and not just bum around surviving. He was so good they had to kill him twice :D

Chap at work, who initially told me to get into TWD, gave this prequel a go but he said it was a bit soapish and even slower...he watched about a dozen episodes and gave up.
On GOT, loved Series 1 but got a bit confused after that, so I stopped. I'm going to give it a proper shot though next week, on the head of Otis, so I'll be blaming him for any loss of my life :)
Okey dokey!

I get confused with GOT, hence I often forget who is who and what is happening. Have to Google quite a bit to get up to speed.

I tried Fear of the Walk Dead and I agree on the slowness and on the soap feel.

Never really got into it.

skybluegod

In the most reason series, I have been thinking how much the group could do with someone like Shane. While he was nuts, he was right from the start about what was needed to survive, and he would be invaluable to the group, even though I hated him.

Also had a discussion at work in terms of rick, he argued that Rick always seemed to make the wrong decisions for the group, whereas I feel he made the decisions that I would probably have made as well.

Houchens Head

Band of brothers was my favourite series before walking dead. Brilliant.
If you liked that. Then HBO did another series like it called -the Pacific- which is very similar and made by the same people, but as the name suggests it is about the battle in the Pacific Ocean against the Japanese.
Cheers SBG. I'll look out for it on Kodi.

Captain Dart

Series 7, that's a hell of long walk if you're dead.

Otis

Still makes me chuckle that they have been walking and walking for hundreds of miles, for years and years and have not yet once reached the ocean.

They have never aimed for the ocean. As the walkers seemingly can't swim and they have no idea how far the virus spread and the obvious idea would be to get a boat and try and sail away to a different Island or country where there may be no infection.

Houchens Head

Still makes me chuckle that they have been walking and walking for hundreds of miles, for years and years and have not yet once reached the ocean.

They have never aimed for the ocean. As the walkers seemingly can't swim and they have no idea how far the virus spread and the obvious idea would be to get a boat and try and sail away to a different Island or country where there may be no infection.
They're in the ocean in Fear the Walking Dead, Otis. The zombies just float about till they hit a bit of land again!

Houchens Head

Yep, clocked that. But why not in TWD?
It's set in Georgia which is the state above Florida. Maybe they just keep heading inland. The USA is a big place and it would take some time to walk across! Just my opinion! :smuggrin:

Otis

It's set in Georgia which is the state above Florida. Maybe they just keep heading inland. The USA is a big place and it would take some time to walk across! Just my opinion! :smuggrin:
Yeah, exactly my point. They have had years! Get that they are inland, but they have always managed to get their hands on vehicles. The sea surely can't be anymore than 2 or 3 days drive.

King of the Lesbians

Didn't Tara stumble into somewhere called oceanside last season when she fell of that bridge?
I imagine it got it's name from being by the side of the ocean... ;)

Otis

Didn't Tara stumble into somewhere called oceanside last season when she fell of that bridge?
I imagine it got it's name from being by the side of the ocean... ;)
Oh yes, true. Forgot about that.

You would have thought she would have asked 'which way to beach?'

Houchens Head

Yeah, exactly my point. They have had years! Get that they are inland, but they have always managed to get their hands on vehicles. The sea surely can't be anymore than 2 or 3 days drive.
This apocalypse looks like it's been going on for a number of years now. I'd love to know how they keep managing to start those vehicles? :emoji_thinking:

Nick

Administrator
I didn't watch any of the last series, it got really boring with the same pattern.

Is it worth getting back on it?

Otis

I didn't watch any of the last series, it got really boring with the same pattern.

Is it worth getting back on it?

Errm, I would say probably not. Was pretty much the same pattern. 2 or 3 cracking episodes, but a lot of padding and plodding too.

I am just about hanging in there with it.

skybluegod

Well I guess after the prison, where they were comfortable and had to stay for the babies sake, they were trying to cure the disease because of Eugenes lie, so they were heading a lot further inland to DC.
Then when you find somewhere to rebuild why would you leave?
No point in running, best thing to do is just rebuild

Otis

Yep, get that, but they have never really sat down at any point and discussed if there is anywhere in the country or world that is infection free.

skybluegod

Yep, get that, but they have never really sat down at any point and discussed if there is anywhere in the country or world that is infection free.

Fair point, but I guess when everyone is infected dead or not,as said by Jenner at the start, then it is just a matter of time before wherever there isn't zombies there soon will be, so nowhere is safe/zombie free?

skybluegod

Oh yes, true. Forgot about that.

You would have thought she would have asked 'which way to beach?'
Just watching the walking dead through again for the billionth time, but just on season 3, and just to settle your mind. Michonne actually intends on going to the coast when she leaves Woodbury, for the reasons that you said, to look for an island, or just to have the ocean on one side. Obviously, it doesn't happen because of everything that goes on, but at least they did think about it!

Otis

Just watching the walking dead through again for the billionth time, but just on season 3, and just to settle your mind. Michonne actually intends on going to the coast when she leaves Woodbury, for the reasons that you said, to look for an island, or just to have the ocean on one side. Obviously, it doesn't happen because of everything that goes on, but at least they did think about it!
Season 3? Seems a lifetime ago. Was Rick still in short trousers?

Sky_Blue_Daz

Entire series is being shown on sky box sets

Users who are viewing this thread