The official NFL Thread (3 Viewers)

skybluebeast

Absolutely gutted to hear the news about Kev Cadle, he was an integral part of growing the game in this country his enthusiasm and jovial approach to hosting the sky games helped bring it to part time fans.

Otis

Been a season of surprises so far.

More to come I'm sure.

Think that's probably Green Bay's chances over. Without Rodgers they are just not so potent and don't have that bit of magic about them.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
weve got the jets again we lose this playoffs for me are over, we should never lost to them in the first game, ajayi gets his running game against them like last season well ruin their D

ajsccfc

Horrible news about Kevin Cadle, the only bright spot is the subsequent tributes showing just how well-liked he was.

Liquid Gold

Zeke has managed to get a 14 day restraining order on his ban meaning he will be able to play against the Skins.

Otis

Wow, wow, wow!!!!!

What a game!!!! What a fantastic sport. Sensational.

Raiders v Chiefs.

Watch it!!

Otis

You going to be staying up for the game tonight? When we play prime time I have to have two sleeps to watch.
No, won't stay up. Usually get up about 3.30 and watch it recorded.

Have to get up at 4.15 anyway, so just get up a bit earlier, watch the first quarter or so, drop the missus off, come back and watch the rest.

Otis

Think the big concern tonight is interceptions.

The Redskins running game has now been poor for at least the last two games and the Eagles have the second ranked defence against the run.

That points to Washington HAVING to throw and when you do that it is much easier for the defence to anticipate and if they put pressure on Cousins we could see some wayward throws.

Think we need a few trick plays and maybe some screen passes and quarterback sneaks. Throw them off their rhythm.

Can't really afford to lose this. We have Dallas and Seattle coming up soon and both will be tough.

Otis

Ha!

Some real missed opportunities.

Skins had Wentz all but sacked and I think it was on 3rd down. We let him wriggle free when we had him right there in the defence's hands. He got a first down, they went on and scored. Pretty much left chasing our tails then.

Bad interception by Cousins and we had no running game at all. Also we had no deep threat. Cousins kept going for the short pass, but that I think was down to the constant blitzing of the Eagles. He didn't find much time on the ball to pass. Saying that though, he did hold on to the ball too long too on a few occasions when he really should have got rid of it.

Eagles moved the ball with ease and Skins had too many 3 and outs.

Tough schedule ahead and reviewing the season so far, I think the Skins just have too many deficiencies. Giving too much yardage away on the defence and very little running game.

Positives were Thomson and Reed from the night.

Eagles are good, but it could all have been different had the Skins sacked Wentz when they really should. Could have totally changed the momentum.

I think it will be the Eagles and Cowboys to proceed from the division.

CCFC88

You going to be staying up for the game tonight? When we play prime time I have to have two sleeps to watch.
I do the same!

Tough one to take last night, just couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs once again, when Wentz wriggled out of the collapsing pocket on 3rd and long to get the yardage you just knew it wasn't going to be our night.

Injuries looking to be a real issue now which isn't good considering our early bye week, our secondary looks a shadow of the one that shut down Oakland, having Norman all but shuts down one side of the field leaving Swearinger and Breeland to take the other, Swearinger just had too much to do last night without Norman and got burned on a couple of occasions.

OL looks bruised and battered also, Pryor has not done as well as I had hoped, considering he's on a 1 year contract you would think he'd be out to impress, Reed also looking out of sorts although came good towards the end last night.

Wentz was the difference last night for me I'm afraid, he really turned up, made all the clutch plays and seems to have a good footballing brain.

We kept their rushing (minus Wentz) to just 64 yards last night, I think we can stop Zeke next week forcing Dak to throw the ball which I think a healthy secondary can deal with, so much depends on our injuries.

With my optimistic head on 4 of the next 5 are definitely winnable and at 3-3 we certainly aren't out the wildcard race but we have to get healthy

Otis

I do the same!

Tough one to take last night, just couldn't get off the field on 3rd downs once again, when Wentz wriggled out of the collapsing pocket on 3rd and long to get the yardage you just knew it wasn't going to be our night.

Injuries looking to be a real issue now which isn't good considering our early bye week, our secondary looks a shadow of the one that shut down Oakland, having Norman all but shuts down one side of the field leaving Swearinger and Breeland to take the other, Swearinger just had too much to do last night without Norman and got burned on a couple of occasions.

OL looks bruised and battered also, Pryor has not done as well as I had hoped, considering he's on a 1 year contract you would think he'd be out to impress, Reed also looking out of sorts although came good towards the end last night.

Wentz was the difference last night for me I'm afraid, he really turned up, made all the clutch plays and seems to have a good footballing brain.

We kept their rushing (minus Wentz) to just 64 yards last night, I think we can stop Zeke next week forcing Dak to throw the ball which I think a healthy secondary can deal with, so much depends on our injuries.

With my optimistic head on 4 of the next 5 are definitely winnable and at 3-3 we certainly aren't out the wildcard race but we have to get healthy
They said last night that Norman is close to a return.

Yeah, we aren't out of the wild card race, but we seriously need to sort out our running game. It's been pretty poor lately.

Liquid Gold

Whoever is doing the conditioning coaching needs to be given his marching orders. Way too many injuries for it to be a coincidence.

Cousins has to do better in games like last night to justify being a franchise QB. I probably woke half the building up shouting at him to release the ball rather than take a sack that anybody can see miles away but he can be so ponderous. He's like a Giroud, can do it against weak teams but when it comes to the big game there is nothing there, 0-7 on MNF now and his stats against teams .500 or more is embarrassing. I just looked at Wentz driving them downfield last night and breaking tackles and I don't see that from Kirk. When you see players like Wentz, Goff and Prescott from last year's draft performing and Kaepernick (who took his team to the Super Bowl) sitting out I don't see the point of taking so much of your salary cap for a middling QB. Let's not even talk about how we is in the redzone.

Reed was much better last night, hopefully he's shaking off his injuries because we really need him if we have any chance of making a wildcard spot. Something else I noticed last night was the willingness of the Eagles runners to try and force and extra yard or two after contact and sometimes break the tackle, we weren't doing that. Maybe their defence was just better but it seemed like they went the ground too easily after contact.

Also Gruden, grab your players and tell them what you need them to be doing instead of mouthing 'not that' and doing that lost man look, some of his play calling can be bizarre too, is he there because his family are like royalty on US sports TV.

Very pessimistic about the rest of the season now. Yes the Eagles are the #1 rated team in the league but again we gave them the game through our own ineptitude. We have to beat the Cowboys next week now, such a huge game for all the wrong reasons. Followed by the Seahawks, Vikings and Saints it's not inconceivable that we could play the Giants as a 3-7 team.

Knowing this season in the NFL we'll be a completely different team next week and go on to a 7-3 team in which case you can disregard everything above.

CCFC88

Skins team that played Oakland 7-3, Skins team that played last night 3-7.

Agree on Kirk, I don't want us to break the bank on him at the end of the season but I also don't trust our front office to draft a decent prospect.

The redzone thing is such a strange one, he has 2 dominating TE's, the Redzone should be our strongest area but throughout all of last season and the start of this I have no confidence that we will convert inside the 25.

He also released some absolute bombs to DeSean Jackson last season, we haven't replaced his ability to stretch the field

Liquid Gold

That is the problem, we need to be able to draft a decent QB to replace him is he does go. To be fair when everybody isn't injured we have great O & D lines, good safeties, great TEs and a good running game so you only need a couple WR and a QB and you've got a very good team there. Hopefully games like last night mean the front office is doing it's job finding players to fill those positions instead of resting their laurels thinking what we have is good enough.

Otis

I think everyone was screaming at Cousins to get rid of it last night and not take the sack. Schoolboy error.

He has been much more mobile this season, but still there are so many other QB,'s much more mobile than him. It is a bit of an Achilles heel for us.

I also do not like Fat Rob Kelley at RB. Far too one dimensional. The Skins have had some really decent RB's over the years, Portis, Morris etc. , but Kelley lacks agility and so nearly everything is a straight run up the middle as a battering ram. Thomson has much better movement in his feet, but he is much better a utility player, half back and half receiver.

Perine hasn't shown enough so far.

I still think the Skins are lacking in key departments and are still letting themselves down on key plays at both ends of the field.

IrishSkyBlue

Facebook User
here come the ravens our bogie team they will prob smash us on Thursday night football, im glad that smokey joe dick cutler got injured, soon as matt moore came on starts driving play down field long balls and gets us the win! How he will far agaisnt the ravens god knows hoping for a win but they always beat us when we are on a run of winning games, in saying that if the charges beat the pats and we win well be winning the division!

Otis

here come the ravens our bogie team they will prob smash us on Thursday night football, im glad that smokey joe dick cutler got injured, soon as matt moore came on starts driving play down field long balls and gets us the win! How he will far agaisnt the ravens god knows hoping for a win but they always beat us when we are on a run of winning games, in saying that if the charges beat the pats and we win well be winning the division!
The Pats are a strange one. Word was pre season that they strengthened on defence and strengthened on offence, yet they are seemingly weaker and more fallible.

Users who are viewing this thread