The minutes from the Supporters Consultative Group meeting on December 4th (1 Viewer)

dongonzalos

The minutes throw up so many questions

confused if stadium and academy are to be in same place why do they need to bid on a second site if their first site is acquired and good enough ?

"would you sue ACL for damages?" and goes on about the rate refund - doesnt answer the question surely?

surely what happened in 2003 has no relevance to the terms of the JR which focussed on the Council loan of Jan 2013 and associated claims relating to what went on in 2012?

So it is ok for the Council to talk with SISU/CCFC despite the JR but not the other way round? Cant talk because of JR but tell people that the Council shouldnt hide behind the JR and use it as a reason not to talk?

did the council ever say "lets sell the stadium" ? thought they said they would talk on all options or am i wrong? Thought details of the JS/AL meeting were supposed to stay private?

what chinese group ? is this Mr Byng again?

Put in to administration for £200k? Did the administration etc break the lease? Was there any other way of breaking the lease?

"Joy would certainly be interested, but CCC need to decide what they want to achieve. We do not think that they can do a deal even if they wanted to. The CCC are clear that they never sell freeholds" so if they dont think a deal can be done better get on with building new one then surely? the sooner the better surely if there is to be a team with fan base, as I understand it they have been talking of a new stadium for a year now ?

so Mr Labovitch is a paid director of the club then ? is that a conflict with his independence?

Just questions and more questions ........ nothing ever gets clarity or resolved in this damn mess!

final observation...... if the club can comment on the difference between Ricoh latest offer and Sixfields costs ....... surely that means that the club must have received the offer to know the details?

Last paragraph.............

Hobo

I wouldn't take TF's words on the stadium design literally. In the marketing and PR world its commonplace to fire off buzz words to participating meeting members and customers to

a) get people excited and on-board with a project and
b) fool people into believing something is actually going to happen

I don't think anybody takes TF literally, normally you need such a big pinch of salt he is a health hazard....regarding a) and b) he has failed miserably.

Hobo

"Lions led by donkeys". Unfortunately Tim donkeys symbolically represent: intelligence, versatility, and hard working...three qualities you seem to lack!

dongonzalos

Shame these questions weren't put to fisher at the meeting, unless they've been edited out.
He cares that much about it that he left early...

He cares about the people of Coventry. We need the truth SISU have no financial gain from the JR.
They are doing it for us.
A hedge fund that does something for the people not profit.

I personally think that is very honourable.

However as much as I appreciate the kind offer. You run CCFC so please could you withdraw your kind offer that costs money in terms of legal fees.

Please could you return to the Ricoh rent free. Asking for the rent free period to include the money you feel you are owed.

This makes more sense financially which is of course better for the football club. (The business you run)

Also could you estimate the true costs of building a new stadium and offer it for the Ricoh.

Or could you do a financial viability comparative study showing the financial advantages of building a new stadium over a long term rent option.

Once again thanks for thinking about me regarding the JR. However do what you do best make money. Forget the JR and move to the Ricoh for free whilst building the new stadium.

That way you save money to be spent in the club and most fans really don't want the JR. So it's a bit pointless ( that is of course if you are really doing it for us)

Last edited:

James Smith

The minutes throw up so many questions

confused if stadium and academy are to be in same place why do they need to bid on a second site if their first site is acquired and good enough ?
Tim enjoys looking for badger droppings? They want to move from Ryton?

"would you sue ACL for damages?" and goes on about the rate refund - doesnt answer the question surely?
Tim should have been a politician dodging answering the question like that.

surely what happened in 2003 has no relevance to the terms of the JR which focussed on the Council loan of Jan 2013 and associated claims relating to what went on in 2012?
Why answer the question when you're on a roll?

So it is ok for the Council to talk with SISU/CCFC despite the JR but not the other way round? Cant talk because of JR but tell people that the Council shouldnt hide behind the JR and use it as a reason not to talk?
Obviously the rules apply to some people more than others.

did the council ever say "lets sell the stadium" ? thought they said they would talk on all options or am i wrong? Thought details of the JS/AL meeting were supposed to stay private?
Again the rules only appear to apply to one side.

what chinese group ? is this Mr Byng again?
It could be the people from my local Chinese take away for all we know.

Put in to administration for £200k? Did the administration etc break the lease? Was there any other way of breaking the lease?
No idea.

"Joy would certainly be interested, but CCC need to decide what they want to achieve. We do not think that they can do a deal even if they wanted to. The CCC are clear that they never sell freeholds" so if they dont think a deal can be done better get on with building new one then surely? the sooner the better surely if there is to be a team with fan base, as I understand it they have been talking of a new stadium for a year now ?
I've been after plans of the new stadium since it was first mentioned. Given how long it will take to build / sort out all the legals etc. yes they should be getting on with it and releasing some information to their customers, also known as fans.

so Mr Labovitch is a paid director of the club then ? is that a conflict with his independence?
Does that mean despite being employed by a firm I can say I'm an independent sales consultant?

Just questions and more questions ........ nothing ever gets clarity or resolved in this damn mess!
As I say Tim should be a politician.

final observation...... if the club can comment on the difference between Ricoh latest offer and Sixfields costs ....... surely that means that the club must have received the offer to know the details?
Whoops.

DazzleTommyDazzle

I think it's all pretty clear:

The nice Mr ML said that no offer had been made directly to the club and the nice Mr TF said that the offer that hadn't been made to the club was no good and besides he doesn't like the people who made it - so there!

wingy

There Is also the reference to Individual Councillors,now If that does'nt create a split??

duffer

If standing is introduced by the time we make it to the Premiership, then we're ahead of the game. If not, then we convert the standing area to seats. No problem.

Everyone is well up for safe standing............... until SISU suggest it.

I'm well up for safe standing, it's just that it's nowhere near happening yet - if ever.

http://www.theguardian.com/football...l-city-safe-standing-british-football-grounds

The problem is that to me this all looks about as well thought through as the overall plan to build a new stadium. A plan that hasn't actually moved at all.

Maybe Tim would be better off focusing on buying the land and getting the planning permission before worrying about the minutae of whether we want seats or standing.

At the moment this looks more like an attempt to convince people that things are moving on the new stadium, in the face of all of the available evidence (including the persistence with the JR).

Nick says 'laughable', I'd say 'gullible'. Matter of opinion really.

dongonzalos

Nothing should amaze me with Mr Fisher. Yet he still managed it.
By suggesting that they are taking the JR for us the fans as we deserve it. That there is no financial gain for SISU!!!!!!!!!

J

Jack Griffin

Talk about stadium plans is cheap & requires very little commitment.

You couldn't possibly design a stadium without a site and traffic studies & geophysical surveys.

Until they buy some land & apply for planning permission they have nothing, nothing at all.

Users who are viewing this thread