The minutes from the Supporters Consultative Group meeting on December 4th (1 Viewer)

Astute

Hoffman?
That would be a really clever move.

More like they wouldn't find anyone credible that supports what SISU have and are doing to our club.

bigfatronssba

A lot of German Bundesliga sides have standing and seating...

We don't play in the Bundesliga and standing is illegal in any major UK football stadium.

bigfatronssba

Did anyone think to ask where this new ground would be?

wingy

what on earth Is Adam Dent doing on this group ? Is he not a Wolves fan?

The Standing area's while a decent Idea on the Face of It are slightly contentious. I would hope they don't lead to prevarication and extended delays.

RoboCCFC90

We don't play in the Bundesliga and standing is illegal in any major UK football stadium.

You said Tim doesn't have a vision to be in the top two tier's or words to that affect I am proving to you that clubs in the top tier, not in this country admittedly, but nevertheless top European Clubs have Safe Stadning areas. With regards to it being illegal in this country that law should be scrapped.

bigfatronssba

Assuming that quite a few were standing at MK Dons on Saturday, you must have had your hands full making all those Citizens Arrests.

Ok your right. Standing is allowed. Man Utd and Arsenal have dramatically reduced capacities and therefore incomes just because they feel like it.

bigfatronssba

You said Tim doesn't have a vision to be in the top two tier's or words to that affect I am proving to you that clubs in the top tier, not in this country admittedly, but nevertheless top European Clubs have Safe Stadning areas. With regards to it being illegal in this country that law should be scrapped.

As comments about ccfc go that's about as relevant as "James Watt invented the steam engine".
Unless Tim intends to move us to Hamburg its pretty pointless information about standing in the German leagues.

I doubt we'll ever have terraces back here. I dont have a problem with safe standing as a concept, but if there ever was an accident, (with everything in the world there is always a chance of an accident) then the government would be sued for millions and portrayed as the killer of football fans.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Bit confused....

Are you suggesting that Tim is planning to move us to a different country? ;)

oldskyblue58

CCFC Finance Director
The minutes throw up so many questions

confused if stadium and academy are to be in same place why do they need to bid on a second site if their first site is acquired and good enough ?

"would you sue ACL for damages?" and goes on about the rate refund - doesnt answer the question surely?

surely what happened in 2003 has no relevance to the terms of the JR which focussed on the Council loan of Jan 2013 and associated claims relating to what went on in 2012?

So it is ok for the Council to talk with SISU/CCFC despite the JR but not the other way round? Cant talk because of JR but tell people that the Council shouldnt hide behind the JR and use it as a reason not to talk?

did the council ever say "lets sell the stadium" ? thought they said they would talk on all options or am i wrong? Thought details of the JS/AL meeting were supposed to stay private?

what chinese group ? is this Mr Byng again?

Put in to administration for £200k? Did the administration etc break the lease? Was there any other way of breaking the lease?

"Joy would certainly be interested, but CCC need to decide what they want to achieve. We do not think that they can do a deal even if they wanted to. The CCC are clear that they never sell freeholds" so if they dont think a deal can be done better get on with building new one then surely? the sooner the better surely if there is to be a team with fan base, as I understand it they have been talking of a new stadium for a year now ?

so Mr Labovitch is a paid director of the club then ? is that a conflict with his independence?

Just questions and more questions ........ nothing ever gets clarity or resolved in this damn mess!

final observation...... if the club can comment on the difference between Ricoh latest offer and Sixfields costs ....... surely that means that the club must have received the offer to know the details?

Last edited:

James Smith

The questions start getting a bit difficult and suddenly Timothy has to leave for another meeting? So either he can't give enough time for something as important as this or.....

The dog doesn't take itself for walks you know. :facepalm:

Joy Division

I wouldn't take TF's words on the stadium design literally. In the marketing and PR world its commonplace to fire off buzz words to participating meeting members and customers to

a) get people excited and on-board with a project and
b) fool people into believing something is actually going to happen

Houdi

So after this meeting is there anything definite about this fantasy new stadium ,err no, but don't worry Fisher hopes to have some news in the next few weeks. They say a week is a long time in politics, in SISU a week appears to be an eternity.

DazzleTommyDazzle

Summary:

We're still doing lots of planning on the new stadium that 6 months ago, we said would be ready in 3 years

We won't rent the Ricoh at any price because they're really nasty and we don't like them

RPHunt

Why, whenever Fisher talks about the new stadium and what it won't have, does this accursed place spring to mind - and it would be within their budget:

[video=youtube;H3UBPKeH2sY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H3UBPKeH2sY[/video]

RoboCCFC90

Bit confused....

Are you suggesting that Tim is planning to move us to a different country? ;)

Well I wouldn't rule that out now they move us out to Northamptonshire ;)

torchomatic

So far it's taken Brentford ten years to sort theirs out and it's still two and a half years away.

Summary:

We're still doing lots of planning on the new stadium that 6 months ago, we said would be ready in 3 years

We won't rent the Ricoh at any price because they're really nasty and we don't like them

shmmeee

I see he starts with a lie: no fans will be sued. 24 hour later he threatens The Guardian and the SBT with baseless legal action.

RoboCCFC90

As comments about ccfc go that's about as relevant as "James Watt invented the steam engine".
Unless Tim intends to move us to Hamburg its pretty pointless information about standing in the German leagues.

I doubt we'll ever have terraces back here. I dont have a problem with safe standing as a concept, but if there ever was an accident, (with everything in the world there is always a chance of an accident) then the government would be sued for millions and portrayed as the killer of football fans.

Actually it is pretty relevant to CCFC seems as Jimmy Hill comissioned the first all seater stadium.

Exactly in this case it doesn't matter what the concept of the stadium is there is always the risk of accidents anywhere you go, it's not as if Safe Standing Football stadiums would be fan killers.

RoboCCFC90

I see he starts with a lie: no fans will be sued. 24 hour later he threatens The Guardian and the SBT with baseless legal action.

Has that actually been confirmed or is still a conspiracy theory?

James Smith

What I take away from this is there are no plans for the new stadium we can see. We appear to be no closer to getting back to Coventry than we were at the fans forums in the summer. The Trust aren't trusted anymore, and Tim has more important things to do than talk to a group of his customers. The Council and ACL are Nasty Nasty people so they can stick their offer. Plus Tim in my opinion might still be suffering from the verbal diarrhoea he had in the summer poor man.

Did spell out a few of the things the rent at Sixfields is paying for but not the sources of revenue. So yes for example, it includes the catering staff but if the catering has been sold by Mr Cardoza to another firm then they'd obviously provide their own staff. However there's no guarantee we're seeing anything from it financially in return in that case.

Last edited:

James Smith

We don't know that as a fact do we?

shmmeee

Saying nothing.

Besides I'm sure I'll hear from Fishers lawyers if it's not true ;)

asb

He wants a mixture of seating and standing?

Well he obviously has no aim of being in the top two divisions then.

Maybe he is being considerate and basing the design on Sixfields.

The seating will be inside the stadium and the standing will be outside for the protesters. It is what he is likely to get if he builds it, so why not include it in the plans.

AJB1983

Why have these been published on club website, they aren't normally. Another bullshit propaganda exercise...

AJB1983

If you read the minutes in full, you'd notice that the SCG asked that they be put there.

I have read them in full, it was nick Connell saying it should have more influence on website. Just Funny how it's the first meeting since the JR decision and the current PR angle from labovitch and fisher is to now say how acl and council have bled the club dry and tried to get them out.
It's a bit rich for him to say they can't so business with council when in fact it's the other way round.
Personally got no time for the Scg any more....waste of time now. Just a chance for TF to get his views across and have people I'm his pocket.....there's no consultation, it's a question and answer session.

blueflint

Any return to the Ricoh on an interim rental deal would be very difficult. Notwithstanding, the improper purpose, the un-connected creditor put down the club for a mere 200K monies owed - caused a 20 point loss and threatened the club's very existence.

why did SISU put us into admin if it was only 200k they should of payed that along with the rent

Users who are viewing this thread