The Fall (1 Viewer)

wingy

Anyone watch the last series? Planning on watching the new series starting tonight?

I enjoyed the first

Yeah thought the first was very good and refreshed while it was on over the last few weeks .

shall be tuning In at nine .

Gillian Anderson Is one hot momma with Blond hair .

Last edited:

stupot07

Yeah, I watched and really enjoyed the first series. Really gritty stuff.

Agree about Gillian.

I'm recording it and watching it in half an hour....

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk - so please excuse any spelling or grammar errors :)

Johnnythespider

Yeah, watched first series. Very atmospheric and usually at least one scene with Gillian in her bra ;-)

Nick

Administrator
Bump 2 years later :)

Just going to watch the last in the first series.

It is quite good so far, even if they have just tried to get any ex hollyoaks actor with a northern irish accent involved.

fellatio_Martinez

Sadly I'm still watching this. Mostly because I've invested a lot of time into it and want to see how it ends and partly because my girlfriend wants to watch it, I assume to perve after the killer.

After a fantastic first series it has descended into an absolute bore fest. The second series was average with some interesting stuff but the new series is utterly tepid and agonisingly boring.

Fair play to them for dragging four episodes without anything happening though.

Nick

Administrator
You mean to say they still havent caught him?

I was hoping it would be where it's a different story each series.

Pisses me off when it drags on.

lifeskyblue

I'm looking forward to series finale. Yes there are discrepancies and a few dodgy subplots but I have enjoyed this series...building up the tension.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Johnnythespider

Haven't watched any of this series, it's got unbelievable to me and I think it should have moved on to a different case, like The Missing

Otis

It really has dragged.

Still got that great atmospheric feel, but good God talk about padding!!

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

Otis

Would loved to have been a fly on the wall for the pre series 3 production meet.

Writer: I have an idea for a series 3.

Producer: Great! Let's hear it.

Writer: What if Spector lives, but loses his memory. We then play out the whole series to see if he is lying or not.

Producer: Great! Go on ......

Writer: No, that's it. 6 episodes of is he lying.

Producer: Oh.

Otis

Oh dear.

What a ridiculous ending. Suddenly started to become a Jason Bourne, John McClane, Brian Mills film, where credibility just suddenly went straight out of the window.

I am of course talking about the clinic scene.

Laughable that a patient could do all those things and get away with so much so easily and that the clinic staff could be so bumblingly incompetent.

Shame. First two series were great.

At least we now know if there were to be further series it would have to be something quite new.

Unless young Katie takes up the psycho killer mantle of course.

vow

I have never felt so utterly let down and disappointed by a show ever, and I stuck with Dexter til the end.
Fook me, worse than Dexter's ending you say?

That must be bad!

My misuss loves the show, I don't watch it, I'll ask her opinion when shes finished watching it.

Otis

Dexter's ending was very lame indeed.

Big mistake having this third series of The Fall.

There just was no real story to be had at all and the idea behind it was so, so wafer thin and one dimensional.

lifeskyblue

I didn't like the graphic violence...I know Spector was an evil murderer but throughout the three series we hadn't been exposed to it apart from when he killed the brother of one of his victims. We had seen the aftermath of his actions not the actions themselves. That had created an aura around the character. In the final episode he came across as a sadistic thug.
As for the plot line...rather disappointing. It must be hard bringing a series to an end and all too often I feel cheated as subplots are tried to be tied up and crammed into a final few minutes. But the Fall was worse than most. Gibson interviewing the girl for ages as Spector was committing his final act was weak and the assistant police chiefs press conference (here's what occurred and by the way I'm stepping down from my roll and ohh I'm resigning too) was laughable. And as for the whole incident in the assessment centre...words fail me.

stupot07

It has been a disappointing series, but last nights was much better than the rest of the series.

I didn't mind the clinic scene, although a rare occurance these things do happen from time to time in secure places Lome prisons. I didn't think it was too Jason Bourne, and I've you go back to the murders in series 1 & 2, Spector would climb scaffolding, climb in through windows, sneak around the house whilst his victim was brushing her teeth, etc.

The ending was disappointing, but not in the same league as Dexter.

I quite like the fact he managed a last 'fuck you' to Stella and kill himself, what I couldn't understand was what the hell was going on with Jim Burns, he was also a bit unstable and suddenly he was an alcoholic, and was there more to his knowledge of what happened in the children's home?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Otis

I didn't like the graphic violence...I know Spector was an evil murderer but throughout the three series we hadn't been exposed to it apart from when he killed the brother of one of his victims. We had seen the aftermath of his actions not the actions themselves. That had created an aura around the character. In the final episode he came across as a sadistic thug.
As for the plot line...rather disappointing. It must be hard bringing a series to an end and all too often I feel cheated as subplots are tried to be tied up and crammed into a final few minutes. But the Fall was worse than most. Gibson interviewing the girl for ages as Spector was committing his final act was weak and the assistant police chiefs press conference (here's what occurred and by the way I'm stepping down from my roll and ohh I'm resigning too) was laughable.

Totally agree.

He was cold and calculating and any violence he had shown throughout was like a work of art, meticulous and precise.

He had never shown outright thuggish violence, so it was quite laughable that he suddenly came out with fists flying like a football hooligan. Ridiculous.

And Stu, what I mean by the Jason Bourne thing is in terms of suspending your disbelief too far.

There was one 'inmate' with a snooker cue. That occupied the attention of at least 10 staff (seemingly all the staff). Everyone else, every single inmate in the room could have escaped.

There was no panic alarm pushed and every single staff member was drawn to this one lad. It was laughable.

And then when Spector bangs on the door the door is opened without any thought whatsoever. No-one looks from the other side to see who it is or that it is safe.

I was so, so disappointed with this series, a series that was completely pointless and superfluous.

Feel like I have been cheated of 6 hours of my life. :(

Nick

Administrator
Reminds me of line of duty, he's just battered her and broke his arm. So they let him sit with the councillor on his own.

3 series to get to that conclusion is a bit extreme.

Otis

The other thing I would like to ask is, did any of you out there believe for a single second that Spector may have had amnesia?

It was so obvious that he didn't and I didn't believe it for one single second.

Was it the writer's objective to create doubt in the viewer 's mind? If so, it plainly didn't work.

The whole premise was is he or isn't he lying and it was obvious from the start he was making the whole thing up.

stupot07

I initially thought he had when he first woke up, but then quickly realised he hadn't. But that was the set up for the london murder.

I would say that although his murders were meticulously planned, Spector was like a cornered animal and Stella had pushed his buttons, so I could understand the violence, it was his last act of defiance.

If we're talking about being realistic or not, then the whole Spector thing is pretty unbelievable anyway. Series killers tend to pray on thr vulnerable not middle class healthy professional women.

Otis

I initially thought he had when he first woke up, but then quickly realised he hadn't. But that was the set up for the london murder.

I would say that although his murders were meticulously planned, Spector was like a cornered animal and Stella had pushed his buttons, so I could understand the violence, it was his last act of defiance.

If we're talking about being realistic or not, then the whole Spector thing is pretty unbelievable anyway. Series killers tend to pray on thr vulnerable not middle class healthy professional women.

Yep, you're right.

The Fall in its entirety is a bag of shitey toshwallop.

fellatio_Martinez

Oh I see.

I watch it on kodi on Mondays cos it airs on RTE on the Sunday before it's on the BBC. So I haven't seen the finale yet.

Looks like the BBC couldn't wait to bury it.

fellatio_Martinez

So I saw the finale.

What a load of shite!!! They dragged out five episodes of padding and drivel which concluded in Spectre going mental and battering everyone before topping himself!

The plot holes are so huge I don't know where to begin but letting a murderer who just attempted to kill a police officer and broke another's into a room with mentally unstable people is probably the biggest.

What was with the random shots of the beardy cop looking miserable? Were we supposed to care?

Utterly awful wank.

Otis

Yep, agree.

The other ludicrous plot hole earlier in this series was having both Spector and his victim (Rose Stagg) both in the same hospital together and then without a care or thought in the world, having the hospital staff wheeling the psychopath past the victim.

Otis

As for the beardy John Lynch character, I just assumed he had either been at that same abusive boys home, or that he was once a member of the staff there and knew what went on.

Probably the latter, as he was much older than the other two blokes. Probably what drove him to drink.

Sent from my Hudl 2 using Tapatalk

SkyBlueScottie

Oh well, I wont bother with the final series, which is shame as 1 and 2 were decent. I do believe it was only originally going to be 2 series, but then I guess people got a little greedy. Sounds like they should have left it alone.

Otis

It should for sure.

Series 3 is like Waiting for Godot (the full extended version)

Users who are viewing this thread