The Butts (1 Viewer)

Hobo

As you are you mean? What you should really do is make comment at it being brought up then rather than moan at me for replying to it, when you are also.

I revert to your comments after the Bolton game then.

Nick

Administrator
I revert to your comments after the Bolton game then.
You mean just after it happened? Hardly the same as flogging a dead horse is it.

I didn't bring it up here, and when it happened the horse was very much alive.

If you have an issue with it being brought up, take it up with the person who did.

chiefdave

I know. But CCC didn't rush off and insert it. It was a historic clause before you probably realised Coventry Rugby played at the Butts and before SISU talked bollocks about being interested in it. I think you have just invented the "professional" football bit. It was a historic clause to protect the site for Coventry Rugby club.
Are you just being obtuse or do you really not understand? I'll try and make it as easy as possible for you.

There was an exiting clause which only allowed rugby at the Butts - whether this was enforced or not is irrelevant.
CCFC held talks with Sharp regarding a groundshare.
Sharp plans to buy the lease and develop and improve the stadium. The purchase of the lease includes the removal of the clause allowing only rugby.
This was revealed publicly by Sharp at a meeting with CRFC fans.
When it became publically known CCC attempted to have a clause inserted in the new lease, the one that would not have the condition the current one did forbidding any sport other than rugby, to prevent professional football being played there.
This became public knowledge and was reported on by the local media.
CCC claimed they weren't really going to do it they were just fishing for information.

Captain Dart

Hobo

the council immediately moved to have a clause added to the lease preventing professional football.

Your original post quoted. The way you worded it sounded like CCC actually added the clause!! Which was misleading. That was my point.

Nick

Administrator
Your original post quoted. The way you worded it sounded like CCC actually added the clause!! Which was misleading. That was my point.

Made perfect sense, they tried to have a clause added to specifically block professional football. It happened didn't it?

chiefdave

What is misleading. As soon as the council were aware of the club talking to CRFC about a groundshare they made moves to insert a clause in the lease that would make that impossible.

Captain Dart

What is misleading. As soon as the council were aware of the club talking to CRFC about a groundshare they made moves to insert a clause in the lease that would make that impossible.

Now Sharp and CRFC have the head lease and they are not operating under a restrictive sub lease there is nothing to stop them bringing in CCFC, but they won't because they do not trust them to behave ethically. Deal with the present, the only game in town for CCFC is a deal with ACL but as usual there is no news about this, are you concerned at all about that situation, where do you think the club will be playing after next season?

chiefdave

Deal with the present
I am, that's why my original post was pointing out that the way this has played out works in Fishers favour. He can go to the FL, if Wasps continue to refuse to talk to the club, and say there is no choice other than to leave the city again.

As I said in my original post the FL aren't going to do any digging and its not a court case where both sides of the argument are presented. Fisher will present the clubs sides and show the press reports of CCC moving to block any Butts groundshare.

Captain Dart

I am, that's why my original post was pointing out that the way this has played out works in Fishers favour. He can go to the FL, if Wasps continue to refuse to talk to the club, and say there is no choice other than to leave the city again.

As I said in my original post the FL aren't going to do any digging and its not a court case where both sides of the argument are presented. Fisher will present the clubs sides and show the press reports of CCC moving to block any Butts groundshare.

Do you think he will? Where too?

Moff

Coventry City Girls play in West Midland Regional Women's Football League Division One South, tier 6 of Women's Football
Cov United Ladies Coventry United Ladies Football Club : Home play in FA Women's Premier League Southern Division, tier 3 of Women's Football

Yes I know. We were talking about Coventry City not Coventry United.

Good youth set up at CCG, from what I have seen turning out more age groups than Coventry United Ladies.

chiefdave

Do you think he will? Where too?
No idea, I was convinced he wouldn't go through with it last time and he did.

The assumption at the moment appears to be we will be offered another short term deal but there doesn't seem much evidence to support that. What happens if ACL continue to refuse to speak to the club. As we keep being told the Butts is a non starter so where would we play?

NortonSkyBlue

I wish that Nuneaton Town was the answer but they are having their own issues as are Coventry speedway so local seems to be a non starter unless something could be done at BPA.

chiefdave

I wish that Nuneaton Town was the answer but they are having their own issues as are Coventry speedway so local seems to be a non starter unless something could be done at BPA.
Not that its likely to happen but could you in theory have the speedway sharing with a football team without having a massive gap between the fans and the pitch? Think they've had speedway at the millennium stadium before.

Generally Midfield

Not that its likely to happen but could you in theory have the speedway sharing with a football team without having a massive gap between the fans and the pitch? Think they've had speedway at the millennium stadium before.

All of this seems to assume sisu have a plan/aim. Their plan was said to be to build a new stadium but that turned out to be total bs. sisu are as bad as the council and wasps as far as I'm concerned. The pattern just seems to be sisu blaming everyone else and spouting bs while everyone else like cov rugby, wasps and even the cov utd chancers get on and do stuff.

Captain Dart

No idea, I was convinced he wouldn't go through with it last time and he did.

The assumption at the moment appears to be we will be offered another short term deal but there doesn't seem much evidence to support that. What happens if ACL continue to refuse to speak to the club. As we keep being told the Butts is a non starter so where would we play?

Exactly! I do not appreciate the Cavalier attitude shown by the owners. It unsettles the whole club.

Captain Dart

Strange how you try to bring me into something again, while you are thinking of me you can reply to my PMs?
Oh the irony..

Gosford Green

chiefdave

Would be interesting to hear the interview in full to see the context of the quote used.
But asked today if any involvement with the football club had now been ruled out, Mr Sharp said: “I have certainly firmly ruled out any involvement with Sisu.”
I know some people see them as interchangeable but that clearly to me says SISU not CCFC. Maybe if we had the context it would be clear he meant CCFC as a whole but equally it could be "I haven't ruled out working with the football club but I have certainly firmly ruled out any involvement with Sisu".

If its been ruled out completely it would be good to get more detail as it was Sharp who first said they were talking about this. If its down to Fisher messing it up more fuel for the fire.

Earlsdon_Skyblue1

Fisher: 'CRFC will not deal with the fans after their protest. Your behaviour is despicable.'
CRFC: 'CRFC will not deal with SISU as they are unethical. Their behaviour is despicable.'

I would love him to be on the phone in this week just to say 'no Tim, it wasn't the protest, it was you and your team of wankers that got in the way of any deal at the BPA.'

martcov

Would be interesting to hear the interview in full to see the context of the quote used.

I know some people see them as interchangeable but that clearly to me says SISU not CCFC. Maybe if we had the context it would be clear he meant CCFC as a whole but equally it could be "I haven't ruled out working with the football club but I have certainly firmly ruled out any involvement with Sisu".

If its been ruled out completely it would be good to get more detail as it was Sharp who first said they were talking about this. If its down to Fisher messing it up more fuel for the fire.

Maybe Les Reid could explain why the Sky Blues New Home is now a firm refusal to deal with SISU?...... he should at least put the record straight- or was he duped?

oucho

Suck on that Joy..................that's the "preferred option" down the tubes. Good.

SkyBlueZack

Suck on that Joy..................that's the "preferred option" down the tubes. Good.

So what now then? Really is get at SISU at any cost with you isn't it? Got the bubbly out again?

Oh and if it was all a bluff etc. I can't imagine she's too bothered. I can't imagine she's bothered either way.

Moff

So what if the second option is moving to Northampton. I take it you would still be happy the preferred option had gone down the tubes.

oucho

No, there's only one decent option and that's staying at the Ricoh. Not sure why everyone finds that so objectionable.

Moff

No, there's only one decent option and that's staying at the Ricoh. Not sure why everyone finds that so objectionable.

I don't find it objectionable Oucho, its just that enormous tub of lard that we call our MD or Chairman or whatever name he goes under might, and if not the Butts he might decide to up sticks again. Lets face it he hardly has a track record of giving a shit what the fans think.

D

Deleted member 4439

Fisher: 'CRFC will not deal with the fans after their protest. Your behaviour is despicable.'
CRFC: 'CRFC will not deal with SISU as they are unethical. Their behaviour is despicable.'

I would love him to be on the phone in this week just to say 'no Tim, it wasn't the protest, it was you and your team of wankers that got in the way of any deal at the BPA.'

admin, is there anyway I can uptick this a thousand times (other than create multiple logins)?

dongonzalos

Interesting quote......

But asked today if any involvement with the football club had now been ruled out, Mr Sharp said: “I have certainly firmly ruled out any involvement with Sisu.”

Users who are viewing this thread