The 5 greatest inventions/discoveries of all time! (1 Viewer)

dancers lance

Costs a fortune though.:(
It can be, but take a look at what grants are available for your age/type of house, you could get some help

Nick

Administrator
It can be, but take a look at what grants are available for your age/type of house, you could get some help
Have had a look into them but never been eligible for anything decent.

Can't understand how some are splashing out thousands :(

dancers lance

I'm not either, but I know people who have had it for free, I was priced £14,000 for mine earlier this year , but I'm going to do mine in stages (front/side/rear) and the builder mate I spoke of earlier will do it for about a third of that cost if I help him put the insulation on.

Nick

Administrator
I'm not either, but I know people who have had it for free, I was priced £14,000 for mine earlier this year , but I'm going to do mine in stages (front/side/rear) and the builder mate I spoke of earlier will do it for about a third of that cost if I help him put the insulation on.
How do you get it free?

Think I got a leaflet that said about 4k average for a semi detached, then you see people getting it thrown up here there and everywhere :(

wingy

Offering to do the front of terraces in Stoke for £2.5K at the minute.
Always worth finding a good independent Craftsmen, you may find its not such a rip-off.
The materials used will not be costing an arm and a leg.

Nick

Administrator
Offering to do the front of terraces in Stoke for £2.5K at the minute.
Always worth finding a good independent Craftsmen, you may find its not such a rip-off.
The materials used will not be costing an arm and a leg.
jeez, how are so many spending so much on it?

wingy

jeez, how are so many spending so much on it?
Most of its down to green deal and social housing.
I don't know how effective it is by the way in doing what it's designed for but it improve appearance.
Be worth checking out what the thermal efficiency is like and if it's crap just get someone to come and knock the pebbledash off and just have the regular coating.
My bro's just had that done on his frontage, looks smart and don't think the price was too fierce.

Nick

Administrator
Most of its down to green deal and social housing.
I don't know how effective it is by the way in doing what it's designed for but it improve appearance.
Be worth checking out what the thermal efficiency is like and if it's crap just get someone to come and knock the pebbledash off and just have the regular coating.
My bro's just had that done on his frontage, looks smart and don't think the price was too fierce.
Might have a look, would need front, back and side :(

dancers lance

How do you get it free?

Think I got a leaflet that said about 4k average for a semi detached, then you see people getting it thrown up here there and everywhere :(
Don't trust those leaflets, my price included stripping back to brick and sealing, I doubt if 4k would even cover the materials cost on a semi.

Nick

Administrator
Don't trust those leaflets, my price included stripping back to brick and sealing, I doubt if 4k would even cover the materials cost on a semi.
Might just paint it then! Can't justify spending silly money, would never get it back

Gazolba

The world's greatest invention has not been made yet, the artificial woman. Of course, it will have an on and off switch.

Users who are viewing this thread